Sign in to follow this  
Lord Cashpoint

PC freezing upon closing APB

Hi,

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I hadn't played APB for maybe a week or so before the last patch, but I've been having an issue with the game since the 23rd.

APB: Reloaded is currently freezing my PC in two different ways, which forces me to hard restart the PC.

The first is after I have closed the game, about 5-10 seconds later after the application has visually closed, my PC locks up. The other is if I try and launch the game via Advanced Launcher, it will freeze the PC in the same way. For the first method, please note I am not launching the game via Advanced Launcher.

I am using Windows 10 Pro, with a i7-4790k and a RTX 2070 - if anyone has any clues about what is causing this, please do let me know.

check task manger. if you can open it. i do know newer cares like yours give the game issues. (i have a gtx 1660 and the game freezes on spawn/loading screens) alt tab/ task manger opening will fix that

Could be the game itself. i know i use adv souly due to the fact for what ever reason the loading screens will get stuck in a fallout esc inf time so removing them takes that out. could be windows ten aswell it gives me shit all the time for no reason. like opening random task that affect apb and what not.

16 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

check task manger. if you can open it. i do know newer cares like yours give the game issues. (i have a gtx 1660 and the game freezes on spawn/loading screens) alt tab/ task manger opening will fix that

Could be the game itself. i know i use adv souly due to the fact for what ever reason the loading screens will get stuck in a fallout esc inf time so removing them takes that out. could be windows ten aswell it gives me shit all the time for no reason. like opening random task that affect apb and what not.

I am afraid that I am unable to open task manager (Or do anything else) once the freeze takes place. It is extremely consistent in the manner in which it freezes, and I've never experienced this with any other program.

This thread can be closed as I have fixed the issue:

Looks like the software for my MB and GPU "MSI Dragon Centre" had enabled "Game Mode" or whatever for APB itself - disabling this feature fixed my issues.

This thread has been closed as per OP's request.

~@mayii