Aeronaut

did anyone here buy a razer phone case?

RAZER CUSTOMS LAUNCHES CUSTOMIZABLE APB RELOADED PHONE CASES

Our friends at Razer have launched a fun new project called Razer Customs, which makes print on demand merchandise from your favorite games.

APB Reloaded was selected as one of only a few launch titles, so we chose some of the coolest character concepts and made Enforcer and Criminal themed cases. This is just an initial set of merchandise. We are hoping to support player-made art and more phone models in the future.

Pick out a custom, high-quality phone case, and make it truly your own by adding your gamertag. Get inspired and start designing here: http://rzr.to/customs

i remember when this was announced. apb cases are no longer an option. current options include:

• WoW
  • Team Razer
  • Mousesports
  • Overwatch
  • Magic
  • Blade & Soul
  • Razer Con 2020
  • World of Tanks
  • Alliance
  • Gears of War
  • Transformers
  • Starcraft
  • Mount & Blade II
  • Evil Geniuses
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Copenhagen Flames
  • Stay Home and Game On
  • Guild Warsa 2
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Diablo

15 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

i remember when this was announced. apb cases are no longer an option. current options include:

I wonder why? Did they run out of stock? Does it cost money for LO to have APB on the razer store and they weren't profitable? They're all made as they're ordered and not enough was ordered to sustain its presence in the store? What happened?

23 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I wonder why? Did they run out of stock? Does it cost money for LO to have APB on the razer store and they weren't profitable? They're all made as they're ordered and not enough was ordered to sustain its presence in the store? What happened?

Dunno, I never bought one cause it was all for Android 10 when it was out. It could have been that.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

53 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Dunno, I never bought one cause it was all for Android 10 when it was out. It could have been that.

i think it was available for like 3-4 generations of phones maybe?

On 12/26/2020 at 8:20 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

idk. i like apb art but i feel like i've gotten so used to seeing the same pieces so many times that i'm not interested in it anymore.

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Yeah I didn't see a 3310 case, so I was out.

3 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

idk. i like apb art but i feel like i've gotten so used to seeing the same pieces so many times that i'm not interested in it anymore.

So it was YOUR FAULT!

I had a theory, but checking the timeline it might not be the case, AFAIK the Razer Cases were released on 30-08-2019 and Unit Game bought APB IP on ~27-08-2019.

My theory was that Unit Game pulled the designs after they bought the IP, but that doesn't make sense if both events happened so close together and one after the other. Maybe the whole idea was Unit Game's idea (they're a mobile game company? and mobile phones use mobile phone cases?) but they dropped it for reasons.

1 minute ago, Amayii said:

Let's keep the thread to the topic at hand.

~@mayii

I think you over deleted some posts.

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Yeah I didn't see a 3310 case, so I was out.

So it was YOUR FAULT!

I had a theory, but checking the timeline it might not be the case, AFAIK the Razer Cases were released on 30-08-2019 and Unit Game bought APB IP on ~27-08-2019.

My theory was that Unit Game pulled the designs after they bought the IP, but that doesn't make sense if both events happened so close together and one after the other. Maybe the whole idea was Unit Game's idea (they're a mobile game company? and mobile phones use mobile phone cases?) but they dropped it for reasons.

the weird part is that Unit Game offered a sum so considerable that MattScott said APB would be financially comfortable.

and yet, not a single word of development of anything from Unit Game.

so was it just simply a bad investment? this really makes no sense.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 10:20 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

This was before my time, but this topic has come up a few times so I decided to chase down some details for you and lay all the various theories to rest. Essentially, it was a one year deal that expired, which is why the APB cases are not being sold anymore. We didn't see enough units moving to renew. That's the long and short of it, though I think they were pretty snazzy myself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Still longing for that Darryl Kent one though. It may not be in my hands, but it will always be in my heart.

Got a Prophet personal customised case now tho.... ;_;

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 7:31 AM, Sakebee said:

This was before my time, but this topic has come up a few times so I decided to chase down some details for you and lay all the various theories to rest. Essentially, it was a one year deal that expired, which is why the APB cases are not being sold anymore. We didn't see enough units moving to renew. That's the long and short of it, though I think they were pretty snazzy myself.

omg thanks so much for looking that one up for us detective bee!

theories were fun though, but the real answer makes a ton of sense, despite how snazzy they were once everyone who was going to get one got one, they'd drop off eventually.

and while not the old designs, if y'all still hankering for some APB/LO style gear that comes in a little more diverse range than like 3 phone cases supplied by razer - there's always the Little Orbit Redbubble store. Also Explore here if you want a chosen design on the product of your choice - so much nicer than the razer store imo.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

On 12/28/2020 at 12:31 PM, Sakebee said:

though I think they were pretty snazzy myself.

show off your apb phone case or else

• Like 1