Sign in to follow this  
Mealow

Bare elf ears?

So... is there ANY way to get bare elf ears for free this time?
Or do I have to pay for this ridiculously priced bundle from which I will use absolutely nothing other than elf ears?

Not even debundle?

Prospect of me paying 10$ just for one cosmetic item is not really up my alley, thanks.

Also it's scummy how you all just moved rewards from last year instead of rerolling them for this year if you really didn't want to work on event this year.

At this time, no. 

Imo they could add older items in armas, instead of last year ones. Not to mention the free access as option.

A little late now, but you'd think the neater option would be to keep ARMAS as the only store and add a "Pay with JT" as well as a "Play with G1C" option to every item rather than to have an onslaught of new NPCs with cherry picked items that need to be unlocked/created as a new item just to buy them with JTs instead of G1C. 

But then I guess since we can buy JTs in ARMAS, that would basically make G1C invalid and that might mess up the whole economic model of APB. 

Still would be nice if everything was earnable in game for ""free"" and using irl $ was only the option for those too impatient/rich to bother grinding for elf ears.

• Like 1

im about to get a lot of hate i know, but still, imo the payable items in this game are sooo cheap compared to other games cuz when i see people complaining about prices im just getting frustrated. Imo APB is one of the most cheapest and reasonable when it comes to real $$$ items..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, greenfield said:

im about to get a lot of hate i know, but still, imo the payable items in this game are sooo cheap compared to other games cuz when i see people complaining about prices im just getting frustrated. Imo APB is one of the most cheapest and reasonable when it comes to real $$$ items..

This is so true, both your point and your prediction of getting hate - APB is sooo much cheaper for cosmetics than let's say Fortnite or LoL, yes they too have ways to get cosmetics for """free""" but the costs of just a single skin/outfit is so much more than what it is in APB, including some bundles.

On 12/27/2020 at 12:44 PM, greenfield said:

Yeah because everyone can spend equivalent of 55$.

Oh wait, just Americans or western Europeans huh?

You know I'm not even fully mad at it not being for free - but why the fuck I need to buy EVERYTHING from last christmas (from which I could get all of this to free tho. but I didn't played then so fuck me I guess?) just to get this damn elf ears. Why the fuck this ears are seasional and not for example this cat ears?

14 hours ago, Mealow said:

You know I'm not even fully mad at it not being for free - but why the fuck I need to buy EVERYTHING from last christmas (from which I could get all of this to free tho. but I didn't played then so fuck me I guess?) just to get this damn elf ears. Why the fuck this ears are seasional and not for example this cat ears?

Getting pretty excited about those ugly patootie elf ears.

I'd give you mine if I could. 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:14 AM, Mealow said:

They will add them later, chill. Its always the pack first, then individual items.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:29 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

A little late now, but you'd think the neater option would be to keep ARMAS as the only store and add a "Pay with JT" as well as a "Play with G1C" option to every item rather than to have an onslaught of new NPCs with cherry picked items that need to be unlocked/created as a new item just to buy them with JTs instead of G1C. 

But then I guess since we can buy JTs in ARMAS, that would basically make G1C invalid and that might mess up the whole economic model of APB. 

Still would be nice if everything was earnable in game for ""free"" and using irl $ was only the option for those too impatient/rich to bother grinding for elf ears.

This is going in the opposite direction amusingly enough, Joker Stores will replace ARMAS basically.  Still no idea what will come of ARMAS in the future, likely phased out entirely i guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkittyM said:

This is going in the opposite direction amusingly enough, Joker Stores will replace ARMAS basically.  Still no idea what will come of ARMAS in the future, likely phased out entirely i guess.

Ah that makes more sense, and would make things a bit more simpler - no more G1C, just buy JTs then use JTs in game. TBH the ARMAS store is janky af with all the random screenshots trying but failing to accurately show you items, so much easier to just use the in-game viewer, which we can rotate and view directly on our characters. 

It's all the NPCs needed to make that a reality is what irks me, but then it would be even more messier if all the items were on the one NPC. Just hope they try to streamline that too and have like "car NPC, kit NPC, gear NPC, etc" 

On 1/3/2021 at 5:20 AM, SkittyM said:

So why didn't they add the items from the xmas bundle in to the Jokerstore?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cuve said:

low priority coupled with lack of available manpower

(guess)

11 hours ago, Cuve said:

That said, for the future Holiday Contacts (selling Holiday items/bundles (and cough letting us pledge to them to use in any district cough)) appearing in their own themed corner of that new convention centre thing would be an awesome addition. Give Social a little bit of the holiday treatment.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

On 1/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, Cuve said:

Cause stuff like that is a fair bit of effort.  Already exists on ARMAS so better to just enable its visibility there. 

And no, its not some simple copy/paste, ARMAS and the JT store are entirely separate databases, have to make new DB entries and menu stuff.  Aint nobody got time for that.

Sign in to follow this