Gusvato3080

they should have given an incentive to play the beta.

A few joker tickets, a title or at least a hat or a shirt. Right now there is no real reason to try out the beta given that the performance is mostly the same as the last one and downloading the beta client is difficult for many of us because of the slow download speed of the launcher. 2 or 3 players online is not enough to properly test the game (assuming we eventually reach a point where it is playable without droping to 15 fps every minute)

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Gusvato3080 said:

-snip-

Some kind of rewards would be nice to have yes, i don't personally necessarily need anything in return. The only thing that really matters is that we get the final fixed and upgraded version out as soon as possible. It's nothing new in this community to demand things without cooperating with the devs.

Edited by xHenryman90x
  • Like 2

Maybe. But actual positive changes to things like performance (instead of just simple bug fixes) should be enough of an incentive (assuming there was even that). The differences from Beta 3 to Beta 5 are so insignificant. Less and less people will bother with downloading the future Betas because of this.

• Like 2

just to state it for the record:
before it was

"hey, you guys should let the public help in testing stuff. we'll even do it for free"

to

"i think you should give us something to play this"

😞

• Thanks 7

Download with kb/s? no thanks

They should put the beta client on mega or Google drive lol 

I know there are some nice players did that and shared the link, but we need a link from little orbit so we can make sure it’s a clean client. 

3 minutes ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

I know there are some nice players did that and shared the link, but we need a link from little orbit so we can make sure it’s a clean client. 

The files I use are in a separate folder and that client is never opened. It's purely to get the new updates and then zip it and upload it for possible use when needed.

Thx for the lack of confidence I guess. 

LO staff is aware of my links and appreciates them, so I'd assume they approve of them as well

kXlnIee.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

The files I use are in a separate folder and that client is never opened. It's purely to get the new updates and then zip it and upload it for possible use when needed.

Thx for the lack of confidence I guess. 

LO staff is aware of my links and appreciates them, so I'd assume they approve of them as well

kXlnIee.png

Thanks for your effort, but yeah I am not risking my account for a non-official download method.

Let’s put it this way, how hard could it be to add your link in their post... to make it official😛

9 minutes ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

Let’s put it this way, how hard could it be to add your link in their post... to make it official😛

Guess I know what to ask them. Maybe that'll happen for next time then

• Like 1

I like to hop on the beta just to see what's new. But I usually end up alone in a district XD

I would agree that something to earn would be a nice incentive, like earning a "beta tester" title would be nice.

Or if anything, for the first week that 2.1 launches they should give us all something. Something rare and special for the first week of launch. 

Lets see if dreams come true.

37 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

they should have closed LIVE while beta was online.

+ and make beta easy to download

+ give reward like normal amount JT and title for joining

+ GM in beta district to chat with players

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

they should have closed LIVE while beta was online.

forcing people to play an even more broken mess than live doesn't sound like a very good idea

yeah, unless they fix the performance issues or add something major they should give us some kind of reward for playing the beta because if all they give us is real ads and 3 bugfixes with each beta only the most dedicated 30 people will download it and that's not enough to properly test performance

11 hours ago, wHisHi said:

+ GM in beta district to chat with players

idk how long you've been around for but usually when a <gm> or related tag shows up next to a player's name in chat in the game, they typically get overwhelmed with a whole lot of nonsense, shitposting and trolling.

helo gm????? pls how jump

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
typo

16 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

idk how long you've been around for but usually when a <gm> or related tag shows up next to a player's name in chat in the game, they typically get overwhelmed with a whole lot of nonsense, shitposting and trolling.

You can always choose to what to reply to, worth if he is on beta district

I don't get why it is even called a beta. Public beta is usually mean as a smoke test when the game is ready to be released, not half way into development. 

How many years of betas are there going to be?

Pretty sure the beta was the incentive.

Clearly, they need feedback to from a Live test environment to focus on areas that need improvement, and LO legitimately is a small studio by comparison, so that's what these beta tests are for.

Try... not complaining, but rather contributing when possible. You might feel more rewarded at the end of the day. However, judging by the average player count of less than 6 for the majority of it being up, well... I don't see that happening.