Goldexen

I agree with mostly all of your points. I don't know how crafting would work in this game, but if they somehow managed to add it in intuitively, it would be great. The old "rent a weapon for 10 days" is such an outdated and annoying system.

• Like 2

Do not really agree with "remove factional limits" - the factions should be different and have differences, I do not really want to see criminals driving police cars for example, as that would really ruin the experience.

One thing which could work and might help against "Golds" stomping new players in Bronze Districts is:

- force players to be automatically moved to the respective threat district when their threat level changes (i.e. Gold get moved into Gold district, Silver get moved into Silver district)

- completely remove the ability of Golds and Silvers to be able to kill Bronze and Green threat players

• Like 4

On 12/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, Goldexen said:

So, i have to created one video with ideas to make game more good, so here it is, i hope this will help developers(i really wanna see that they remove factional limits from vehicles, please): Video on youtube
Please leave your feedback about that to make them know that those themes are interested for us
Small list from video
1st step: rebalance cars, remove factional limits, kits
2nd step: crafting weapons from items that you got from missions, upgrade them and make trade more alive
3rd step: PVE-content, adding bots to low barrier to start the game for new players also make progress possible for empty districts
4th step: racing districts

Do not remove faction identity. Add more/revert previous changes.

Crafting weapons is just mechanical bloat that isn't needed.

APB is not a pve game and bots are not worth the effort.

Racing district was a nice meme back in 2012.

Remove witness? So crims can just ram raid freely?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, Officer_Foxtail said:

Do not really agree with "remove factional limits" - the factions should be different and have differences, I do not really want to see criminals driving police cars for example, as that would really ruin the experience.

I do believe that removing the factional limits could be a great thing as long as the factions keeps what's distinguishing them :
   - enforcers are defined by their sirens and lights

- criminals can put taxi signs on certain vehicle 

It would make no sense if criminals were able to put siren on their vehicle, that's for sure.
But having factional restriction on certain vehicles and kits is just stupid.
If enforcers/criminals were able to get the Mako/Kissaki kit, it wouldn't change immersion at all.
This is something they've already done in the past with the cross-faction pack. 
You can see enforcers with spray-cans and criminals with the radio-pack and it doesn't affect the "experience" 

• Like 2

why do we need crafting. thats adding a step i don't want to do and adding more crap to armas that is about as useful as those premade packs (demon vapor wave etc) 

i want more maps i'm tired of fin waterfront and asylum each week

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, Goldexen said:

Guys, when you will think "why we have 500-700 people online?", just remember this guy ^
And, Zombie, you then should remove all your donate cars that ever wondered to be factional, like Street Krew Lookout, Packer Toreador, Raptor Mikro and also Citadel/Nomad; if you dont do that and have those examples - you're just tub-thumper with double standards 

Jokes on you. I only use a pioneer as an enforcer (and sometimes vegas 4x4 I guess).

I don't own any 'criminal only' vehicles. 

4 hours ago, Goldexen said:

Races are completely existing in the lore of the game - you can notice it if you go to criminal's mission in waterfront which plot is to obtain carparts from macchina cosenza(lol) for Jeung Bloodrose for his participation in races(or something like that)
UPD8: it's called SPARE WHEELS and here's screenshot from database site:

unknown.png

Racing district is a meme because Gamersfirst was promising racing district to come from like 2011 to 2013, even having ads for it in game. Eventually they canceled it because it just straight up isn't that fun with how APB's vehicles are, mainly the top speed/handling. As well as just no real reason for it within the game.

5 hours ago, Goldexen said:

So why not to add them right now and create more interesting tracks? San-Paro is a good city to create those, even i, with almost topographical disorientation could made 2 tracks for my tests that met 2 standards: long sprint with low amount of turns and short circuit with low amount of straights
There would only be a desire 
And, no reason for who? For you only or what? I think it would be interesting to have more than just one activity to killing someone else
Of course it need to be polished like adding rules of for example, no collision, no traffic etc

That is what the devs said. Not me. And I agree with them. Racing adds nothing much to the game and just splits the already low population among even more things.

I agree with those that want faction limits - a.k.a. faction limitations - to stay intact. If you want to drive/use police equipment just make an enforcer character, same goes for criminal items/gear - if you want that just make a criminal character.

Why introduce some completely new game mechanic like "weapon crafting" that would be difficult to implement? There are so many, many. many more important things that the developers could/should work on: new districts, better missions, more open world opportunities for both factions (with those opportunities tied to one another - i.e. if more cops do open world patrols the criminal would get higher payouts for those missions and the other way around), dynamic events linked to open world stuff, new items, new clothes, new cars,...

As for racing - well I should point you to Chipp's Car Club (LINK), a player event that has been going on for years now! Players meet up, show off their newest custom paintjobs and then we have street races on predefined tracks, with us cops and volunteers doing "traffic control", so the racers have (more or less) traffic-free streets. Might not be perfect but it does work for those that show up week after week.

• Like 1

One thing I would really like to see is:

Able to progress any contact from any mission district

On 12/21/2020 at 5:33 AM, Officer_Foxtail said:

One thing which could work and might help against "Golds" stomping new players in Bronze Districts is:

- force players to be automatically moved to the respective threat district when their threat level changes (i.e. Gold get moved into Gold district, Silver get moved into Silver district)

- completely remove the ability of Golds and Silvers to be able to kill Bronze and Green threat players

Yeah, this needs to already be a thing. At the very least, make it so Trainer, Green and Bronze are the only threats allowed in Bronze district. Silver and Gold can join any silver or gold districts. But if that becomes a thing, threat should be per character and not account wide. For times when you're just chilling or want to play in Bronze for whatever reason, maybe with noob friends. But if you go ham and threat up, it'll auto-move you out. Bronze and lower need somewhere to be noob and learn without getting steamrolled by silvers and fake gold with legendries and 2k+ hours. Noobs are fresh blood and nothing can survive without fresh blood.

When you pick a district, something along these lines happens:

If district not full and player threat equals district threat, then move the player to the district

When you threat up, there's something like this:

On player threat up, send notification: You are now new threat (a little banner pops up for a few seconds on the left of the screen)

Seems like all that would need to be done is to do something similar when you threat up as when joining a district:

On player threat up, send notification: You are now new threat

If new threat greater than district threat, then show message box: Your threat is too high for this district. You will automatically be moved in 10 seconds

Get districts by population (high to low) which are not full and are their same threat, then move the player to the district

Optionally, any group members would get a message like:

On group member threat up, show message box: Group member name is now new threat and will be moved to a new threat district. Would you like to join them? (with a 10 sec timer too)

If they pick Yes, then move the player to the same district (similar to how you can move a whole group to a new district)

If they did this, I would also do a little advertising: New engine come soon, here's a video! Come join the game now and get ready! Etc...

Get some new blood in and have a place for them to noob out.

On 12/23/2020 at 7:57 PM, BipBoop said:

I do believe that removing the factional limits could be a great thing as long as the factions keeps what's distinguishing them :
   - enforcers are defined by their sirens and lights

- criminals can put taxi signs on certain vehicle 

Having those differences entices players to try the other side though. Cash shop versions of the cars should be any faction IMO, just no sirens / taxi accessories. If you want a car from the other faction, you have to buy it with cash. An optional cosmetic thing that gets the game money.

On 12/20/2020 at 6:16 PM, Goldexen said:

3rd step: PVE-content, adding bots to low barrier to start the game for new players also make progress possible for empty districts
4th step: racing districts

This probably won't get added until after the engine upgrade. For PvE, not too keen about bots in mission districts. But something that might work later on is something similar to what GTA 4 had. A mode called Team Mafiya Work which had AI cops chase you while you do a heist in an instanced area. Could do AI crims and have enforcer players try to take them down also. I think racing worked the same way, everyone spawns into an instance of the district.

It might split the population a little bit, but it will also bring in new players and keep existing ones that burn out on PvP. People who would mainly play AI most of the time, also probably aren't the type who would play a PvP only game. Those new PvE players might give the PvP a go and vice-versa. With a healthy population, it would work fine.

The population is low because there's not many new players. There's not many new players because they get rofl stomped by silvers and fake golds. Silvers and golds rofl stomp new players because the population is low. And around and around it goes...

Edited by EzOn3
  • Like 1