MattScott

Recent network issues

Lol the games dead, kids seriously investing DDOS service attack on a low pop game, pathetic. F**k in the head, despite the engine update is still horrible.

probably some Russian hacker

Edited by Deadliest

why not just move the servers to a new ip and not post it publicly this time?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Have you tried asking them nicely?

"if you just ask nicely"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrChan said:

It's some sadarse who's been banned a hundred times or so because he thinks he should be allowed cheat.

whomever it is if they are doing it because apb has not been upgraded then they are an idiot for not letting apb get upgaded

7 hours ago, Zolerox said:

if a player can connect to the game then a player can grab the server ip afaik

theres probably some kind of pass-through/redirect service available but id assume that would introduce more latency for the legitimate players

Out of all games this one is really the last they should attack. Maybe hit on the chinese canadian BHVR instead

11 hours ago, Zolerox said:

You can capture the new IP or address within seconds of just logging in. Only if you add sea's of proxies it might be hidden away or the malicious player will attack something that might not be the final point where the server is affected.

3 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

if a player can connect to the game then a player can grab the server ip afaik

theres probably some kind of pass-through/redirect service available but id assume that would introduce more latency for the legitimate players

Even that would still reveal where it goes to, unless it's proxied away far and deep. (very costly)

I don't think some people understand. It's not just some dude who "hates APB". The economy and resources required behind something like this indicates that it is something entirely different and for entirely different purposes.

Edited by Cr0

You know, pardon my frank approach to this here, but this absolutely sucks patootie.

Not you guys, LO, you do what you can within a legal capacity.

But, and you can take this with with a grain of salt because I don't have any evidence to give in regards to the matter, we've had this issue for a long, long time, and there's a guy out there that used to terrorize this game with Hacks and DDoS for years (his name rhymes with Boat)...

and I get the feeling, to this day, its the same shitheel doing it.

18 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

I don't think some people understand. It's not just some dude who "hates APB". The economy and resources required behind something like this indicates that it is something entirely different and for entirely different purposes.

That isn't entirely true. This game has had a long standing issue with DDoS attacks and from some older digging a few years back, it was pretty easy to put together that there was, and may still be to this day, one guy who spent an entirely unhealthy amount of time on trying to force this game down.

I'm not tinfoil-hatting this thing, I just think that you're entirely underestimating what one guy can accomplish with a strong enough will and access to advanced coding and network infrastructure knowledge can accomplish with a room full of old slave rigs.

Edited by AnOldAPBFart

4 minutes ago, AnOldAPBFart said:

I get the feeling, to this day, its the same shitheel doing it.

It's not. 

That guy never DDoS'd anyways. 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It's not. 

That guy never DDoS'd anyways. 

I may be too far removed from the happenings of APB to actually know what's going on, I'll admit that.

It has been a long time.

Edited by AnOldAPBFart

2 hours ago, AnOldAPBFart said:

... it was pretty easy to put together that there was, and may still be to this day, one guy who spent an entirely unhealthy amount of time on trying to force this game down.

I'm not tinfoil-hatting this thing, I just think that you're entirely underestimating what one guy can accomplish with a strong enough will and access to advanced coding and network infrastructure knowledge can accomplish with a room full of old slave rigs.

One guy doing this all alone and you "easily" figuring out who it was. That's how it works in movies from the mid 90's. Not in real life.

Edited by Cr0

7 hours ago, Cr0 said:

The economy and resources required behind something like this

You vastly overestimate what's required for a DDoS (especially on something as small as APB, which is run on the bare minimum of server hosting).

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You vastly overestimate what's required for a DDoS (especially on something as small as APB, which is run on the bare minimum of server hosting).

But it's not just "a DDOS". They are many big DDoS attacks. Big difference.
If a game that got attacked was small or not doesn't change how big the attack itself was, its scale and complexity.  As OP showed, these are big attacks with some complexity to them. Big attacks like these are not easy or cheap and can in no way be said to not require very much.

Edited by Cr0