Sakebee

12/20-12/23 Bug Reports

This is a thread for bugs related to the 20th-23rd open beta playtest.

When submitting bugs, we ask that you do your best to format them in the following way. This will give us the best chance of finding the issue you came across and making sure it gets fixed! Be sure to check out our known issues list and skim this thread before posting so we don't get a bunch of duplicate issues. Here is the structure we would prefer:

Summary: A short description of the bug – think of it as similar to a newspaper headline.

Game Version: This is important for tracking reasons. Including the version number lets us see how long a bug has been present within the game and where it was first spotted.

Description: A detailed description of the issue that you’ve found. Try to stay concise and clear in your information while being specific.

Steps to Reproduce: This part can be the most important part of a bug report. The steps that you took to reproduce this issue.

Reproduceability: If you find the reproduction of an issue, how many times are you able to reproduce it following these steps you wrote above? You can use a percentage or a fraction (ie. 2/5 or 5/5 times. 25% of the time or 100% of the time, for example).

Results: What’s actually happening when you follow these steps.

Expected Results: What should have happened instead of the bug.

Example - A bug report for a specific issue

Summary: Ammo resupply issue

Game Version: 1.19.5.789497

Description: Ammo is currently not being re-supplied to the end user during a mission under any circumstance. This happens for weapon changes, and for weapons equipped before missions

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter any district, and either change weapon, or shoot some bullets and attempt to resupply ammo
3. Notice that it does not do this.

How many times have you recreated this bug: 3/3

Expected results: This shouldn't be happening.

Thanks! We really appreciate everyone who takes the time to let us know about an issue they found.

Summary: Audio Bug

Game Version: 2.1.836.450

Description: Unsure if bug is apparent on other cars, but in the Mikro, car related audio + radio/music player audio sounds like it's 5 meters behind me.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter Financial
3. Spawn Mikro
4. Drive Mikro

5. Notice that mikro sounds are buggy
6. Come to the conclusion that this is not supposed to happen

How many times have you recreated this bug: 1/1

Expected results: Audio should be where the car is not where it was.

Summary: Heavy FPS drop

Description: Upon shooting a car with the AMG my frame rate took a heavy hit going from ~50 to 30

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter any district
3. select an AMG
4. Take it out into the street
5. Find a car
6. Shoot it with the AMG
7. Notice FPS tank
8. Come to the conclusion that this is not supposed to happen

How many times have you recreated this bug: 2/2

Expected results: FPS to remain stable while shooting

Summary: Crash when looking through clothing

Description: While browsing the clothing in the APB clothing Kiosk after a while the game will CTD

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter Social District
3. Go to a clothing Kiosk
4. Begin browsing through the clothing
5. Game will crash
6. Think about why I am on my desktop and not in APB
7. Come to the conclusion that my game crashed and this is not supposed to happen

How many times have you recreated this bug: 1/1

Expected results: The game to not crash while doing the only thing that is fun in APB.

UI Loot Miscounting Issue

Summary: UI Loot Miscounting Issue

Game Version: 2.1

Description: If the player rapidly picks-up/drops their carriable items (those with 1 weight), the UI erroneously displays their carried weight as either more or less than what they're actually carrying.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch the game and login as a Criminal.
2. Enter a district with muggable NPCS (Waterfront/Financial).
3. Mug a few NPCs for some 1 weight items (those held on your person) and pick them up with F.

- For reference, I gathered around 6 to 7 items on my person.

4. Now stand in place, stare at the ground, and alternate rapidly between picking up many of the items (with F) and then dropping them (with X). Do this around a dozen times.

5. Finish by picking up one item so the UI displays a weight count in the top-right corner.
6. The weight counter now shows an incorrect value. It can be either too high, or too low (possibly negative).
    - This UI miscount persists even after death (I tested this only once).

- The player cannot use a negative UI value to carry more than the maximum of 50 held items.

How many times have you recreated this bug: 3/3

Expected results: The UI for carried items should always show an accurate value, and should never be negative.

Dropping 50 loot items issue

Summary: Dropping 50 Loot Items Issue

Game Version: 2.1

Description: After holding 50 carriable items (those with 1 weight) and attempting to drop them, the player instead drops a single large box item worth 1 weight. Additionally, the UI weight counter displays a value of 50 even after the items are dropped.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch the game and login as a Criminal.
2. Enter a district with muggable NPCS (Waterfront/Financial).
3. Mug NPCS for their held items and collect 50 total on your person.
4. Now drop all 50 of the items (with X).
5. The items are all dropped as a single large cardboard box (instead of individual items all at once) and the top-right corner weight counter erroneously still displays 50 held items.
6. Moreover, the player's dollar value shown to Enforcers (for crime reporting) still reads as though the Criminal is holding 50 items, instead of only showing a Criminal's held dirty cash. (I only tested this step once with another player.)
7. Additionally, if another player picks up the cardboard box item that's dropped, it is only worth 1 weight to them. (I also only tested this step once with another player.)

How many times have you recreated this bug: 2/2

Expected results: The UI for all players should acknowledge when 50 held items are dropped by a player, and lootables should appear individually when manually dropped by a player.