Sakebee

12/20-12/23 Beta Feedback

Hey all,

This thread is for feedback on the Open Beta from the 20th-23rd. Please leave your thoughts, suggestions, and impressions here. Please note that thread is not for bugs or issues you discover with the build. We have a separate thread where we encourage you to post any issues that you may find.

Thanks everyone!

🐝 Sakebee 

Performance is still shoddy unfortunately. It's a little bit better than last time, but still nowhere near good enough.

This desperately needs to be the focus now, above anything else. I can't understate this enough. Having performance dip to the mid 40s when there's roughly 6 other players around with their vehicles is not a good omen for how missions will play out, when there's a lot more going on. That's not including the rest of the server that might be driving around to other objectives etc.

Audio is still scuffed. It's less jagged than before, but it seems like both the character's orientation and the camera are listeners. They are conflicting a lot over where you hear the audio from, causing confusion.

At least I used my new Verizon (TM) internet to buy Doritos (TM) from Best Buy (TM), for the best APB Experience.

• Like 5

Felt broadly the same as the last test to me in terms of performance. Chrome car bug was fixed though.

You mentally tune the FPS drops out for the most part when shooting a guy, but with cars, explosions etc. around it's noticable. Plus I feel like I have to do a lap of the map first to stop drops whenever I see a building I haven't come across in this play session.

As Kempington says, sharp drops whenever a few players and vehicles are around is not going to work.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

I would say this beta test felt the "best" but it was only fractionally better than the last two open betas.

The grenade peep sound files are significantly different and the nades seem to release from a different angle or arch than the live version which is frustrating and causes many horrible nade throws. The shotgun reticle is based off the strife which is the shotgun nobody cares about or has a strong desire to play, picking a regular reticle from the CSG or JG models would make these guns feel playable (strife players don't even like the strife).

And there are still many fences that are bulletproof throughout the district (100% unable to be shot through). This creates reinforced fortresses due to the extra layer of walls that are stopping bullets. Pizza hut across from Border Highschool is an easy item hold win due to this.  

Edited by CanadianInfidel

Unfortunate for people that didnt play any of the other beta's have to start from scratch. Would like a option to import my char if I choose. 

The client is unbearably slow to patch, and as a first-timer to these Betas, I've been waiting over 2 hours with another hour to go still. Download speed 800-950 Kb/s. This is painful.

Runs mostly the same as last beta for me.

gtx 1050 2gb, I5 3570s.

30 - 45 fps in financial

20 - 35 fps in waterfront

terrible fps drops with a few civilian cars and pedestrians on screen

and even worse drops when looking around quickly.

1st beta I tried, and was  dissapointed.

3800x

RTX 3080,

SSD,

16gb 3200mhz ram

Cannot sustain 4k 60FPS even with medium settings and AA off. Live game 4k 120FPS is no issues.

If I'm running this bad, I can't imagine how bad it is for others.

Audio channels very mixed up. Surprised its so bad compared to live but I dunno technical jumbo of transferring. Only get car audio when driving from right speaker in stereo. Music player near mute even maxed out.

It looks pretty.. but as another said, I can't imagine doing a mission when I cant even sustain 50-55 when driving and only 60 when idling with next to no civilians around.

Hope for improvements soon, really wanna see this game blow up again

• Like 2

I only played for a short while, but things felt the same as they did in the October beta. I didn't notice the audio bug (where things sounded like they were coming from the wrong distance and direction), but performance is still not very good. The issue where the frame rate tanks when quickly moving the camera is still there.

Lil disappointed with performance, did a quick test last night before i got my new card today and saw slightly worse (like 10 - 15 fps) stability than my old rig,

but just gonna assume its because the 30 cards are still so new.

i7 - 9700k 

64gb ddr4 3200mhz

and on a SSD

Audio is still broken, as if I was traveling at super sonic speeds cause the radio sounds like it's 5 meters behind me.

If my FPS would stay at 40 Id say ship it. But with only one other player near me in financial, I started firing my AMG and my fps started dipping.

The real time ads on billboards is extremely cool! Probably only to me XD. But seeing the full video ads is just cool to me and I hope this helps you guys make some money of the game without milking us.

Im alone in my opinion, but it would be nice if the game looked better.

• Like 2

Tested it but there was nobody online on the entire server. Just me and some other guy.

Fortunately I do have something to report.

• Performance is slightly better than last time. We are almost there I can feel it!
  • Handling feels great especially in the Vegas. Fresno feels super bouncy. 
  • Game chokes HARD in the Social District area in Breakwater Galleria
  • Game felt more stable for me with the occasional hiccups but still we are not LIVE level of performance. 
  • Billboards look great. Don't wanna sound like a corporate shill but seeing real life ads was interesting and something I haven't seen in other games before. 

That's all I can report from my limited time of playing this beta. 

Cancel the new engine and focus all you learn to fix the live game,the matchmaking and add the new contacts.Or sell the game..

Thats my feedback.I know you spend a lot of money for new servers for the new matchmaking and other stuff but is obvious that you cant handle this game.Get rid of it and keep working on games like Unsung story etc sell apb to company which actually gonna start workin on it.Both you and playerbase - gonna be saved.Or just shut it down once and for all..

i9 9900K 4.7ghz on all 8 cores with 16mb cache, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 , 32GB DDR4 (2933), and the files are on an SSD.

[ Very High Settings @1920x1080p 144hz ]
YiUIIz3.png

Sitting on the outskirts of Financial, facing away from everything, I sit at 130fps and in Social I never dip below 144fps.  I'd just love to see the nuclear lighting fixed because it looks atrociously bad; Had an instance in Asylum where someone was behind the halfwall window thing at the pool and they were invisible and was unable to recreate it again.. Oh! And the severe amount of frameloss in the Inventory screen is rough, really rough. Scrolling through gun skins dips down to 10fps and trying to swap guns and change out the mods still takes forever because of the sluggishness of the UI.       But other than that Im pretty damn happy with where its at. If only the core problems of APB were directly focused on and fixed would this game be viable to play again.  Please dont just give up Little Orbit.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:54 PM, AnOldAPBFart said:

The client is unbearably slow to patch, and as a first-timer to these Betas, I've been waiting over 2 hours with another hour to go still. Download speed 800-950 Kb/s. This is painful.

^^^ also this. Took about an hour and a half in total.
 ASaW4uC.png

Edited by a Pair of Socks
  • Like 1

Performance was still "meh". I usually play on max graphics on the live client so having to play on low/minimal settings just to get even close to 100fps isn't great. There were still a few bugs here and there but I would honestly much rather see performance fixes rather than bug fixes. (If the bugs are easy to fix then you might as well fix them I suppose)

Black/missing textures on cars + Pop-in/out

Wierd car horn sound bug

I go to sign into my account and It just started me over I have nothing from my original account 

15 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Sitting on the outskirts of Financial, facing away from everything, I sit at 130fps and in Social I never dip below 144fps.

its irony or what on the screenshot u have 35 fps..

On 12/20/2020 at 10:33 PM, Kempington said:

Performance is still shoddy unfortunately. It's a little bit better than last time, but still nowhere near good enough.

Calling 40FPS a bit shaddy... Man of culture !

Logged in 2 times on 21. 

1st time 3 ppl online and 2nd time i was alone...

So not really able to test anything...

But i sent the logs 👍

Edited by HighSociety