Sakebee

Open Beta 20th-23rd

Hey everyone,

Our next Open Beta test starts this weekend! It will start on a stress test the 20th and then open fully from the 21st until our normal Wednesday maintenance. We hope you can join us! There are a ton of fixes for issues you helped us find in the last few tests. You can find those details here. Please note, you will be unable to download the Beta client during the emergency maintenance this morning. 

See you there!

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

edit; neato

Edited by iRawwwN

does q1 2021 have traces of possibility to happen?

38 minutes ago, Latsha said:

does q1 2021 have traces of possibility to happen?

As much of a chance as Q1 2014 had

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

4:3 resolutions will never be available??

Why is that even needed in this day and age?

10 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

the ability of choice is a factor here, preferences. someone likes oranges, while others like apples.
the fact they won't make a exclusive fullscreen mode and are trying to chug down this attempt of a fullscreen mode is also not helping performance and the timeline.

So, what happens after when you fix all the performance issues?

will you be working on other improvements like the UI? because the HUD and font needs to be changed.

^ The reason they took out 1024x768 res in engine update, because of the UI was not compatible with lower resolution and they didn't bother to fix (it just too much crap on HUD with FAT ugly font and the most ugliest radar ive seen in a game)  imo needs a new look and much simple hud system.

do some good design changes please. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

will you be working on other improvements like the UI? because the HUD and font needs to be changed.

Eventho the font is just a small issue I have to agree with you. The font is utterly sh!t and ugly af, Roboto ftw 🙂

1 hour ago, Spy said:

Eventho the font is just a small issue I have to agree with you. The font is utterly sh!t and ugly af, Roboto ftw 🙂

<please>Roboto all the way!</please>

3 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

because I have been playing 4:3 resolutions for more fps (because I used to have a bad PC) since I started playing this game...

now I have a mid end PC and still use 4:3 just because It's what I always use....

Quote from "Tracking the engine upgrade" october 10

This has been an incredible difficult project to finish.  

Obviously we are massively off the timeline I originally set.

There are still bugs, and we are still not done optimizing the renderer, but weighing the pros and cons, I have decided we are hopefully "good enough" to launch.

There are simply too many other more important tasks that are blocked by not releasing APB 2.1.

I want to get into better district management, better matchmaking, and cross district play between worlds.

Post the 2.1 launch, the team is committed to continuing to optimize performance. 
There are definitely places where the 2.1 FPS significantly under performs Live.

We have some larger changes that we would like to make to the renderer, but they will require much more time to engineer.

My question is how advanced is that work?I think thats the key..

As per usual, zipped copies of the beta client:

Both links give the same zip, just a different server you'll pull it from

Mirror 1: https://kevkof.be/beta5

Mirror 2: https://kevkof.be/beta5v2

These are a .zip archive of the entire current Open Beta Client (fully clean and default)

Edited by Kevkof
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Vexxous said:

cool, i missed the last one, will join this one.

will you?

On 12/17/2020 at 3:40 PM, Uhtdred said:

4:3 resolutions will never be available??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtDZ15QohPtZ6Jm3VtH-8

Edited by R3ACT3M

13 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtDZ15QohPtZ6Jm3VtH-8

I play all games 16:9 (1920x1080) except APB, if that's what you want to know...

11 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Where are the players? I logged in twice today, less than 10 player were online all day?

Try again when people are home from school or off of work. 

Wont be much better but you should be able to play. 

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Try again when people are home from school or off of work. 

Wont be much better but you should be able to play. 

Live game was quite populated at the time i checked out open beta servers, i logged in there less than 2 hours ago and saw about same amount of players like 5-6 hours earlier i logged in.

Just downloaded, all districts were empty lol. Then game crashed in social. I'd have expected some players around this time.

5 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Where are the players? I logged in twice today, less than 10 player were online all day?

4 hours ago, gogeo said:

Just downloaded, all districts were empty lol. Then game crashed in social. I'd have expected some players around this time.

Not many people are going to be willing to download an entirely new client just to test something that has been repeatedly shown to be an unstable and broken mess. Especially when most of the ISPs in the world impose data caps and other bandwidth restrictions on their users (unless they pay exorbitant amounts of money to expand/lift them).

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1