joasep

Impossible to play this game as a new player

why this damn lvl 255 golds dont play in the fcking gold district?

• Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 6:44 PM, joasep said:

why this damn lvl 255 golds dont play in the fcking gold district?

- cuz there are no ppl in those districts...

Segregation was and is the worst thing implemented...  just because any talentless Inappropriate language removed.    - Azukii (how i'd call him/her) thought its a good idea to segregate threat levels some years ago.

- nearly every "meant to be" silver is going or at least could go gold nowadays (threat system is... yea... weak!?)

- those R 255 (mostly on several chars) players, havin everything from Armas, are the reason for APBs survival.

But yea... it's not worth playing APB right now if u don't really enjoy it.

Also not worth if u got highend hardware (RTX crash).

We are all just waiting for the fonking Engine-Update and for actual content updates.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 8:17 PM, HighSociety said:

- cuz there are no ppl in those districts...

Segregation was and is the worst thing implemented...  just because any talentless Inappropriate language removed.    - Azukii (how i'd call him/her) thought its a good idea to segregate threat levels some years ago.

- nearly every "meant to be" silver is going or at least could go gold nowadays (threat system is... yea... weak!?)

- those R 255 (mostly on several chars) players, havin everything from Armas, are the reason for APBs survival.

But yea... it's not worth playing APB right now if u don't really enjoy it.

Also not worth if u got highend hardware (RTX crash).

We are all just waiting for the fonking Engine-Update and for actual content updates.

And we are already bored of waiting and I cant name any other game that takes 6 years to be updated.

Seriously current user experience is horrible. Population is so low but yet you still cant play game because district is limited only to 40 people. Its just f***ing bs.

Just now, wHisHi said:

And we are already bored of waiting and I cant name any other game that takes 6 years to be updated.

Name a game that's been through as many hands as well while you're thinking.

1 minute ago, wHisHi said:

Population is so low but yet you still cant play game because district is limited only to 40 people. Its just f***ing bs.

This is why they're working to change that. Can't just magically snap your finger and have it be done

2 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Name a game that's been through as many hands as well while you're thinking.

This is why they're working to change that. Can't just magically snap your finger and have it be done

We, as players, dont care how many hands game had. 
please stop defending them, thank you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

please stop defending them, thank you

Maybe, if you realize that the previous owners did jack shit for the PC engine and they've only had 2 (and a half) years and not the 6 you're alluding to.

Let's argue reality, not your perception of it

24 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

We, as players, dont care how many hands game had. 

please don't attempt to speak for me, thanks

1 hour ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

please don't attempt to speak for me, thanks

Agreed.

4 hours ago, wHisHi said:

Seriously current user experience is horrible. Population is so low but yet you still cant play game because district is limited only to 40 people. Its just f***ing bs.

Valorant was in development for 7-8 years,

Cyberpunk was in development in 7-8 years, (singleplayer game thought, but is recent enough)

TF2 took 9 years,
Diablo 3 took 11 years.

Just to put things into perspective.

APB's console engine hasn't really been finished, it was and has been a massive waste of time.

Not only has APB always been in the hands of small teams; it also has the downside of being a Free to Play game, meaning the income or revenue they could use for the game is perhaps limited.

Fairly confident they are well aware of the current state of the game, but solutions aren't that easily made if you work within these constraints/limits.

You're not helping anyone by being a hate train, or keep commenting the same things.

~ On-topic:
The current flaws with the game in regards to making it "impossible to play" is:

a) segmentation
 1) bronze/silver/gold bound districts,
 2) 40 vs 40 only districts,
 3) progression-district map bound districts, (contacts tied to map)

If we take a look at CS:GO, they have a super large player pool available due population numbers or players and they do small segmentation to lower ping for the overall players to have a better experience. Due to this it's very hard to always be able to play APB; which is a problem and makes people leave or do other things to at least be able to play the game.

b) Competitive players versus casuals players {some people exploit this by intentionally de-threating to a different threat to face lesser experienced or good players}
~1) competitive players like to win matches and do their best but they face off against lower rank, or players with less(er) experience then them. the opposite is true for casuals, they just want to play the game and have a good time without putting in too much effort.
~2) bad match making experience due the lesser player pool available + a bad way of displaying the skill of a player.

This includes players being able to play very well due all the years and/or experience playing the game.

c) Weapons available (+ mods) and information available for new players.
~1) most players have a wide arrangement of available weapons (and mods), where a free player can only choose 1, 0 slot perm weapon for free for completing the tutorial. they are now able to lease them for low amounts of JT, but how much JT you earn is still fairly low making it hard for you to lease or get that final perm gun to forever use. {can be skipped by paying for it}
~2) information like objectives, equipment, tricks with items like sprint jumping them on medium items is all not explained and only learned from playing or someone teaching you.
~3) information on weapons, types and differences.
~3) it's hard for a new player to judge if a player is really good, or just has much better experience by a display of skill instead of the current threat options.

Most other games are very simplistic in weapon design and work fairly the same as the real life counter part, and don't have as much guns as APB offers.

The engine won't be enough to solve all these issues but will give them a good groundwork, starting position to start working on these issues that plague the gameplay experience of APB.

People have become so bitter over this game for several reasons, give people some slack and take things into perspective and some things really aren't as simple.

Edited by KyoukiDotExe
  • Like 3

Actually there is no reward for gold players (i am gold too). Also there is no motivation to play better.

An Idea is to give an multi for Joker Tickets at the End of missions.

X10 = gold

X5 = silver

X1 = bronze

Maybe remove the bronze/silver/gold tread-system.

Player skill (for balancing) should based on the real win/kill/death/support and accuracy ratio and NOT by just an Tread level!

We need a general Clan-system with Clanwar and Clan based and limited stuff to unlock and play.

Clan building with construction options is a good deal and morovation.

So every clan can free design its clan Headquarter.

In clanwar you need to defend your clan and/or attack the enemys Headquarter.

With free art of decoration, the clanwar matches becomes more differents.

The new engine is requiered to get better access to the codes/game mechanics.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

We need a general Clan-system with Clanwar and Clan based and limited stuff to unlock and play.

Clan building with construction options is a good deal and morovation.

So every clan can free design its clan Headquarter.

In clanwar you need to defend your clan and/or attack the enemys Headquarter.

With free art of decoration, the clanwar matches becomes more differents.

m8 are you even in a clan? Clan currently is not even important atm, there's rarely any active. 

Those ideas are just dumb, decorating art? just go social and decorate there man.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

[...]

Not only has APB always been in the hands of small teams; it also has the downside of being a Free to Play game, meaning the income or revenue they could use for the game is perhaps limited.

Fairly confident they are well aware of the current state of the game, but solutions aren't that easily made if you work within these constraints/limits.

[...]

The engine won't be enough to solve all these issues but will give them a good groundwork, starting position to start working on these issues that plague the gameplay experience of APB.

The fact that APB is such a large-scale & unsafe project is what safeguards it from being outclassed by AAA studios,
but still, I hope we manage to release an update and gain traction before it becomes obsolete.

The rest of the industry still moves forward while we've been stuck at crawl-speed for a decade.

Edited by Talla

1 hour ago, Talla said:

The fact that APB is such a large-scale & unsafe project is what safeguards it from being outclassed by AAA studios,
but still, I hope we manage to release an update and gain traction before it becomes obsolete.

The rest of the industry still moves forward while we've been stuck at crawl-speed for a decade.

You are wrong, APB is still under development so as Cyberpunk was for 7 years or Diablo for 11. 

people are crazy how they manage to compare whole apb timeline to cyberpunk etc

p.s. I hope you are right about traction

Edited by wHisHi

frankly, if tomorrow I saw a minecraft block in the middle of San paro ... it wouldn't shock me...but my RTX don t understand at all how it s still possible and crash evryday...

I need to use a windows 95 compatibility to use ingame mailbox and editor, and to change weapon or mod, you have to load an atari emulator...

what is good is that the game can fit on a few floppy disks (joke)

i understand that most uses macro, with so much ghost shot, packet loss... i some time feel like mouse button doesn't work at all, till game crash and i realize that, yes i ve a 2020 pc and not a 56k internet speed, and proudly can play 100GB game with nice 50gb update...

maybe all this is just a question of ambition about the game and the means to achieve it

(yeap, i know ...bad english.... i lost some packet)

• Like 1

It is what it is. There's no way around it. Pick a gun you enjoy and main it, you'll eventually get good at it and the game. 

• Like 1

Game is easier to get into when and only when there is a large player base.

Back in the day, it wasn't that no one knew all the tricks they know now. It was that on a skill scale of 1-10, 1 being Ubernoob, 10 being Shroud-level, if you were a 5, there were probably about 200-400 other 5's on the server who you could potentially go up against.

Nowadays, 1's have ONLY 8's, 9's, and 10's to go up against, and probably, it's the same ones over and over again. Read a thread earlier there were only 100 players online. To be perfectly honest with you, I would be willing to bet almost all of those players who are actually playing and not just in Social, are cheaters. I mean, honestly. I know a lot of folks peruse these forums, chat and message board, but don't actually play the game. Why would you? Anyone with a normal psyche wouldn't bother. There's just no content to play.

Anyway, those 1's come in against those 8's, 9's, 10's... That's a problem we simply did not have back in the day. The Match-Making, as bad as it is, actually can work so long as there are players to draw from. These days, there just is no pool to draw from.

I don't know how anyone new to the game is expected to enjoy anything about APB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best thing would be that there would be a restriction on the bronze, silver and gold servers since the golds are always abusing the silver servers, they should not allow you to enter there, if there will always be many newbies, damn let's play on the gold server, don't be cowards!

Merged.

should block gold rank players from entering silver or bronze districts

can someone tell me where can i buy the AMG?

i looked in armas and didnt found

1 hour ago, joasep said:

can someone tell me where can i buy the AMG?

i looked in armas and didnt found

For Joker Tickets in the Joker store or u spend several k g1c than u'll get one as reward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FarmerDeUniteam said:

The best thing would be that there would be a restriction on the bronze, silver and gold servers since the golds are always abusing the silver servers, they should not allow you to enter there, if there will always be many newbies, damn let's play on the gold server, don't be cowards!

Merged.

should block gold rank players from entering silver or bronze districts

And how do you think that went last time it happened?

On 12/18/2020 at 6:47 AM, HighSociety said:

For Joker Tickets in the Joker store or u spend several k g1c than u'll get one as reward.

didnt found the one im looking for

Merged.

how can i unlock car parts?

3 hours ago, joasep said:

didnt found the one im looking for

AMG-556 'Stheno' JT1 and JT2 are available from the jt store.

The Medusa is at Anne or the player market.

And the Euryale is functionally identical to the stheno minus some weapon slots.

Which one are you looking for?

3 hours ago, Kevkof said:

AMG-556 'Stheno' JT1 and JT2 are available from the jt store.

The Medusa is at Anne or the player market.

And the Euryale is functionally identical to the stheno minus some weapon slots.

Which one are you looking for?

i am looking for the Euryale

10 hours ago, joasep said:

how can i unlock car parts?

Visit Armas marketplace.

6 hours ago, joasep said:

i am looking for the Euryale

It's the last reward for spending g1c...

got to spend 50k or something (??? don't remember)

U can buy all the carparts, cars and some weapons...

Or u just go for the joker ticket variant its the same weapon just another skin.

Edited by HighSociety
typo
  • Like 1

My favorite weapons: all with 3 open slots

- ISSR-A or FAR(t) Spearhead (Assault Rifle)

- Obeya SLR 762 Spartan or STAC 10 Scope (Rifles)

- ALIG 762 or VAS SW2 Empire (LMG)

- DOW Thumper or Colby CSG (Shotgun)

- PDW 57 Stiletto and another SMG (SMG)

- NHVR 243 SD or another (Sniper)

These are very nice and beginner friendly weapons.

The ISSR-A is the most versatile, its my opinion because it have an good high damage, mobility, low ammo cost and nice hard damage and very very good accuracy.

Check it out ^^

• Like 1