joasep

Impossible to play this game as a new player

I keep getting matchs with lvl 50000 enemies and getting destroyed

Edited by joasep
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We all were, at some point, in the same boat at some point. It just takes some time to get familiar with the map and weapons. People say APB has a steep learning curve, but I would disagree. Anyway, it pays off in the end, as APB is a fun game, despite of all its flaws. Make sure you pick a bronze district to play in. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bambola said:

We all were, at some point, in the same boat at some point. It just takes some time to get familiar with the map and weapons. People say APB has a steep learning curve, but I would disagree. Anyway, it pays off in the end, as APB is a fun game, despite of all its flaws. Make sure you pick a bronze district to play in. 

cant pick a district, always theres only one district with enough people

At this point its impossible to play no matter what level you are, and its due to the exact same thing that you said.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bambola said:

We weren't all in the same boat i started in 2012 people didn't car gameplay know meta guns didn't do cheap tactics and weren't good as today. It was way easier to get into the game back then compared to now. If you showed the best people in 2012-2014 and compared them to the 2020 veterans they would be average at best or below even.

I am not sure how Lidl Orbit is gonna fix this issue where Veterans will destroy all the new players until they rage quit and move on to a new game.  Only the real dedicated players will stay but that will be small.

Edited by Gateron
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, joasep said:

I feel this pain, My main is in NA right? and i have 3 characters in NA so I can just gift myself the supplies I need in order to succeed.

Well then I have 2 EU characters. And let me tell you, not having clotting agent puts you at such a disadvantage. So you have to rely on the good of peoples hearts to either gift you it or only charge you how much clotting agent costs. Once you have clotting agent it's all practice from there. You will get the hang of when to go in, when to kill, when not too. I myself am not perfect but comparing to when I first started 2 years ago I have learned a lot. 

Another thing you can do is in district select go to the advanced tab so you can select a district more suited to yourself. Bronze district is a lot more casual than Silver and is as good as it will get when it comes to a place to start. You can also try buddying up with the higher ranks, see if you can't get 1 to tell you some must needed tips to new players. 

Also, don't be afraid to buy yourself a permanent weapon, while the defaults are good getting something for yourself that wont cost you x amount every week will make you feel better. Plus having at least 1 permanent weapon will teach you the importance of what mods you choose to put on said gun.

The game is not pay to win, my friend who has only been playing for a month has shit stomped golds using armas guns XD. 

But referring back to the "I keep getting matchs with lvl 50000 enemies and getting destroyed" Just have fun, you're going to die a lot and it's not worth getting frustrated over. We all have those moments where we loose all the time for a week straight. So, just be patient try and watch your enemy, don't be afraid to do stuff that is unorthodox. Try and get tips and perhaps gear from fellow players. Make sure to finish the tutorial for free goodies. And just have fun with this game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bambola said:

Yeah, in 2011 or something.

2 hours ago, Gateron said:

We weren't all in the same boat i started in 2012 people didn't car gameplay know meta guns didn't do cheap tactics and weren't good as today. It was way easier to get into the game back then compared to now. If you showed the best people in 2012-2014 and compared them to the 2020 veterans they would be average at best or below even.

I am not sure how Lidl Orbit is gonna fix this issue where Veterans will destroy all the new players until they rage quit and move on to a new game.  Only the real dedicated players will stay but that will be small.

Believe it or not, car gameplay existed, meta guns had quickswitching, and while it was somewhat easier to get into, it still wasn't easy nor very balanced.

3 hours ago, Gateron said:

I am not sure how Lidl Orbit is gonna fix this issue where Veterans will destroy all the new players until they rage quit

Did someone says add bots?

I also don't enjoy playing against "max effort" players I just wanna have fun is that illegal?,

Just give them their own threat and 70% less hp XD

You're new to the game. What did you expect? That's how it is for most games.

Just keep playing. Or quit. Really it is up to you.

• Thanks 2

It was a lot easier to get into APB years ago. For instance when i started playing the game in open beta players didn't know how to nade so perc nades were really popular. Players also didn't know how to tap fire, neither properly use FBW, Carbine or Obeya CR762, most players didn't even use secondary weapons. Car gameplay was really not that big part of the game, except in the final stage. There are videos of top tier players on youtube on which you can clearly see how everage they were if you would compare them to today players. But back then multiplayer games just started to get popular. Most players were used to playing single player games, where you could predict AI movement because they were made to do exact same thing every time you walked close to them. Of course over the years players progressed and got better, but this also meant it was now a lot harder to get into a game if you are a new player. I was always a big supporter that new players need their own server where they can learn the basic of the game and also implantation of a better tutorial, sadly this was never a big priority and never happened. Who knows how many players we lost because of bad decisions and i'm sure these players are never coming back. 

The funny thing about all of this is that veteran players constantly complaining about low player base. But at the same time if they get a new player on their team they are disrespectful toward them and if they play against new players they show no remorse when they pulverize them to pieces. In my opinion veteran players should be more friendly to new players and try to teach them something if they want the game to survive. Over the yeras a lot of veteran players moved on to other games because they got tired of APB, but at the same time new players are scared away by veteran players who stick around. We also have to mention how APB dethreaters were never dealt with, which is such a shame. Sadly new players can't get any better without experience. Also i think refer a friend was a great idea, but sadly the system was heavily abused and didn't brought many players.

So in the conclusion with better decisions this game could have a lot bigger friendlier player base.

• Like 1

nothing much we can do. game's dying and pretty much most of the players playing now are veterans/have hours under their belt which will absolutely destroy any new players like you.

I barely play nowadays but when I do even I get destroyed, so I can't imagine how much harder it is for a new player. Just find a better game and/or wait for the engine update to come out in hopes that it will bring more players.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

So you have to rely on the good of peoples hearts to either gift you it or only charge you how much clotting agent costs. 

I hope you don't talk about/endorse those who are begging for free stuff?

I can help someone whom i know in personally, but i've seen some random entitled beggars coming to me asking for money, mods, weapons and cars.

You could start the game as criminal, as it's easier to earn money by doing criminal activities instead of pvp missions. Best way is to become designer, some of those guys have hundreds of millions ingame money.

Edited by xHenryman90x

3 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

It was a lot easier to get into APB years ago. For instance when i started playing the game in open beta players didn't know how to nade so perc nades were really popular. Players also didn't know how to tap fire, neither properly use FBW, Carbine or Obeya CR762, most players didn't even use secondary weapons. Car gameplay was really not that big part of the game, except in the final stage. There are videos of top tier players on youtube on which you can clearly see how everage they were if you would compare them to today players. But back then multiplayer games just started to get popular. Most players were used to playing single player games, where you could predict AI movement because they were made to do exact same thing every time you walked close to them. Of course over the years players progressed and got better, but this also meant it was now a lot harder to get into a game if you are a new player. I was always a big supporter that new players need their own server where they can learn the basic of the game and also implantation of a better tutorial, sadly this was never a big priority and never happened. Who knows how many players we lost because of bad decisions and i'm sure these players are never coming back. 

There were popular shooter multiplayer games out there back then, Counter-strike? Call of duty? Combat arms etc... it just that now there's so many game developers creating new games, players now have a variety of games to choose from.  Like during the 2000s, pretty much the only choice you had for a popular online fps games were CS and quake, the idea of MMO game were still new, games such as Maplestory became hugely popular during the 2004s due to the customization of character and social aspect.

The release of Apb reloaded during 2010-2011 was popular from the start, but most players were running the game at 60 frames or lower due to poor optimization or computer specs and those who can run 120fps with 120hz monitor were really rare and pretty good players. Like any new game especially the release of APB reloaded players were pretty much experimenting the game mechanics, like the fbw and carbine rhythm not many players discover how to max the fire rate legit without macro. 

To me the top tier players during that time were the pioneer which helped progress and the growth of players to get better, which you see currently now. There were actually insane legit players during the 2011-2013 who played like current good players in 2020, even understanding all the cheesy broken tactics that the game offered. 

But currently If a new player join they don't have the variety of opponents to versus due to population which is kinda harder, more common to go up against a pre made group and many veterans pretty much know everything and well geared up big advantage over someone who's new. The game pretty much expired and for a year 2021 there will be more new games in the future and APB will not keep up to date attracting new players or keeping.

I would say if your a max rank player and you end up vsing some low rank bronze, silvers, pretty much just give them the win because you don't really gain anything from it when you win. Up to whoever choose to help in an online game not everyone is nice and they don't have to go out there way to help someone. 

The funny thing about all of this is that veteran players consantly complaining about low player base. But at the same time if they get a new player on their team they are disrespectful toward them and if they play against new players they show no remorse when they pulverize them to pieces. In my opinion veteran players should be more friendly to new players and try to teach them something if they want the game to survive. Over the yeras a lot of veteran players moved on to other games because they got tired of APB, but at the same time new players are scared away by veteran players who stick around. We also have to mention how APB dethreaters were never dealt with, which is such a shame. Sadly new players can't get any better without experience. Also i think refer a friend was a great idea, but sadly the system was heavily abused and didn't brought many players.

So in the conclusion with better decisions this game could have a lot bigger friendlier player base.

ye HAN didn't survive I did my best during a year.

Edited by Deadliest

If they would balance the missions ban -  /abandonmission so that you don't always play the same missions against the full equipped players and balance the respawn system then things would look different.
you would probably still lose to good players anyways but you would get destroyed so high and you would win some games.

But Hey! Little Orbit keep listening to "veterans-players" (chaeters) and lose more players.

btw don't forget weapon balancing is the most important thing in the game (sarcasm)

12 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Believe it or not, car gameplay existed, meta guns had quickswitching, and while it was somewhat easier to get into, it still wasn't easy nor very balanced.

yeah but not the whole population had the 5Head brain at the time so there was a very small percentage of players that knew what they where doing. It didn't affect that much back then since we actually had 5k people playing on EU. You were mostly put against people that just played the game for fun with out trying to learn the meta style we have in 2020.

Edited by Gateron

5 hours ago, Gateron said:

yeah but not the whole population had the 5Head brain at the time so there was a very small percentage of players that knew what they where doing. It didn't affect that much back then since we actually had 5k people playing on EU. You were mostly put against people that just played the game for fun with out trying to learn the meta style we have in 2020.

EU had a way different way of doing things than Joker/Colby. We had like 1.2k in U.S, so we didn't have nearly as much of players, but being able to join 1 of 3-4 districts per wf/fin was good.

Little description of how APB looks like now:

1. I managed to join one and only full silver district at around 19:00 and started to wait for my friend. (other silver district had like 6 players)

2. My friend managed to enter district after 10 minuts of spamming enter button.

3. In first mission we managed to receive opponents in 3 minuts and had decent fight.

4. Second, third and forth match were vs dethreaters. Because we were bored as hell I managed to kill my friend 4 times in a row and game kicked me.

In total we spend around 55 minuts, had only 1 normal match, teleported and lagged many times due to packet loss.

So my advice would be not waste your time if you are new player and move to other game. Right now, it has too many problems. Server is laggin for past month now? And it doesnt feel like anything is done to fix it

Edit: I wish I had recorded this session lol

Edited by wHisHi
  • Like 3

You need to wait until the new engines is live, so there are more players to find a better opponent for you.

Actually there are to many players and that means there are mostly veterans left, they are killing the game balance.

The game have olded unbalanced game mechanics, they need to get fixed first.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:28 PM, joasep said:

keep trying different weapons, till you find something that suits your playstyle.

After that, look up what other players do in the game and try to mimic what works.

good meme

but aswell every new player in apb ever

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0f47ade722.png

maxresdefault.jpg

b064539aa7.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 5:28 AM, xHenryman90x said:

I hope you don't talk about/endorse those who are begging for free stuff?

I can help someone whom i know in personally, but i've seen some random entitled beggars coming to me asking for money, mods, weapons and cars.

You could start the game as criminal, as it's easier to earn money by doing criminal activities instead of pvp missions. Best way is to become designer, some of those guys have hundreds of millions ingame money.

I only beg for clotting agent 3 cause i can hit level 40 before ill ever get 60k