Sign in to follow this  
Spected

Run out of memory.

Hello, 

My game still keeps crashing after 1-2 hours playing, every time i get the error: Run Out of Memory/.. I find that very strange, because with my pc i cant run out of memory...

i do have a new pc tho (10700k with 32 gb ram 2070Super) 

I did try to reinstall but that didnt change a thing.

Someone knows a solutiuon?

• Like 1

The solution is to run graphics settings that are Low if not Minimal, this is an issue with the 20 series of nVidia GPU's and there's no other work around than playing with worse graphics. 

Frosi is right, RTX graphic cards have an issue with the current live client...

Should be solved with the engine upgrade, until then you can either

1. Do as Frosi said

2. Play in fullscreen (not windowed fullscreen) and whenever you think you are going to crash, do a ctrl+alt+del 

(I actually do the second one, at first it's hard to know when it will crash but if you stay focus you can detect it before it happens 😛 )

Edited by Lucesan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Spected said:

Hello, 

My game still keeps crashing after 1-2 hours playing, every time i get the error: Run Out of Memory/.. I find that very strange, because with my pc i cant run out of memory...

Here's 1, Windows 7 or 10 right?

go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced System Settings > in the box that says "Performance" Click  settings > Click the 2nd tab "Advanced" > Under the box titled "Virtual Memory" Click Change.

(yes alot of steps i know) In this window you can manually change your page file size (uses your hardrive space as backup ram bassicly) 

So Click on your drive letter there and make sure the box ticked "System manged size" is set to custom size instead Set it to like 8 or 12 gbs See if that works for you after you restart.

tl;dr this worked for me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spected said:

Hello, 

Unfortunately there are about 2-3 bugs present with 16xx series and 20xx series cards of Nvidia as others pointed out.

14 hours ago, Frosi said:

The solution is to run graphics settings that are Low if not Minimal, this is an issue with the 20 series of nVidia GPU's and there's no other work around than playing with worse graphics. 

+1, also 16xx series also suffers from this problem fyi.

9 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Here's 1, Windows 7 or 10 right?

go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced System Settings > in the box that says "Performance" Click  settings > Click the 2nd tab "Advanced" > Under the box titled "Virtual Memory" Click Change.

(yes alot of steps i know) In this window you can manually change your page file size (uses your hardrive space as backup ram bassicly) 

So Click on your drive letter there and make sure the box ticked "System manged size" is set to custom size instead Set it to like 8 or 12 gbs See if that works for you after you restart.

tl;dr this worked for me.

How can that work? You're changing DDR, not GDDR where the issue comes from.

I wonder if this issue still a thing with 3000 series RTX cards... If not then its a Turing problem.

This RTX issue is weird, i had legion lenovo 5 (RTX 2060) and i was playing at max settings and did not crash a single time. So im not quite sure what exactly is the problem since its crashing on some machines but its working properly on others. 

1 hour ago, greenfield said:

This RTX issue is weird, i had legion lenovo 5 (RTX 2060) and i was playing at max settings and did not crash a single time. So im not quite sure what exactly is the problem since its crashing on some machines but its working properly on others. 

I googled this model but all I find are 1650 or 1660 Ti models. Legion Lenovo 5 also appears to be a mobile/laptop brand so I assume there were different types of cards in there based on desktop variants they might work differently and may function fine. The RTX bugs are really hard to find and solve in the current engine.

12 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I googled this model but all I find are 1650 or 1660 Ti models. Legion Lenovo 5 also appears to be a mobile/laptop brand so I assume there were different types of cards in there based on desktop variants they might work differently and may function fine. The RTX bugs are really hard to find and solve in the current engine.

yes, you are correct, its a gaming laptop.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-5-series/Legion-5i-15/p/81Y6000FUS