Thelnformer

Shoulder i come back?

Hi everyone,

I haven't touched the game in over 1.5yrs (Stopped playing 3yrs ago but my last login was 1.5yrs ago). I saw the new APB 2.1 posts and some new buffs/nerfs to guns and i was wondering if i should come back to APB:R ?
I have a few questions , i hope someone will be kind enough to answer them.

1) What is the state of servers? (Is it still laggy / going down / ddos etc?)

2) How is the population count? Is still cheaters + rerolls or are there actually new players or an increase in population?
3) How is Colby 1922 ? Is it finally viable for an average player?

4) Is VEGAS (the one with high initial acceleration) still the top tier vehicle ?

5) Is there anything new in the game?

Regards.

1) Servers are still pretty shit

2) At least in Gold districts, there is enough population to get constant matches.

3) I haven't tried it, but even before the buff/revert it was usable so I imagine it's perfectly usable for an average player.

4) Yes, alongside the Pioneer.

5) Ha.

Re-install, play a few matches.

1 hour ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

no you shouldern't

explain yourself please

just came back from a year long break, population has gone down even more but I’m still enjoying myself 

P5n5 removed. But server are fine, except when a 120fps meet a 30fps.

Both will rage.

Citadel is ok, Jericho depends. But there are still the Oob that keep fun people away, no stunt driver around.

Is a good weapon, until you have to reload. Use it as a secondary.

Yes. But a micro can escape from it with heavy item now. 5 cargo space finaly, 

Ninjaripper is not usable in districts, p5n5 is a past myth, pmg is a toy gun and percs can't kill neither a civilian.

Plus hvr now is useless like scout.

You can come back with no worries. 😊

After the last balance patch the game has been very enjoyable for me and my friend (who has started playing on his own will) so feel free to play with us some more. If you get frusterated just re-uninstall and hope that another update will catch your interest

A question like this is always subjective, it depends on your point of view if it's worth coming back. What your expectations are. Apb fundamentally is the same game and if you're expecting a different game, then that's just not realistic.

1) What is the state of servers? (Is it still laggy / going down / ddos etc?)
For the most part LO's handling of this issue is commendable. But every once there will be issues, they usually don't last long and aren't severe 

2) How is the population count? Is still cheaters + rerolls or are there actually new players or an increase in population?

Population on NA is almost non-existent, (still some, but almost never any full districts) but if you're on EU then it's doing alright. Cheating is a tricky subject but it still is not a large issue even if it's still existent. Also what's a reroll? Someone whose simply made a new character? What's wrong with that? Population is low but holding steady, no growth in population, maybe after the engine it'll happen.

3) How is Colby 1922? Is it finally viable for an average player?
It was always good, now it's easier to handle making it more of a threat.

4) Is VEGAS (the one with high initial acceleration) still the top tier vehicle ?
4x4 has been knocked down a peg to have the HP of other 'sports' cars (1,150) which is a good thing for balance
5) Is there anything new in the game?
Three years eh? Well here's a list off the top of my head of things LO has done: New Anti-cheat, ingame trade system, a new sidearm, three new legendaries, added many perminant guns to the JT store (some models exclusive to the store), removed JMBs and moved them into the JT store (so that you can actually grind ingame to get legendaries if you desire or just purchase JT on Armas), JT is now available to earn via missions, gun balance, vehicle and modification balance, addition of Armas clothing debundled to the JT store. And finally getting the engine development point where there's been open betas. Anything major like a new car or contacts? No, that's not until after 2.1

Even after the engine Apb will still be Apb. Gotta decide if you're gonna take it or leave it

• Like 2

I wouldn't ask anyone, I'd rather see it for myself. Whenever I come back to APB, I have fun as ever before. 

• Like 4

If u want to go off as people there oppinion about the game than your judgment for the game wil be the same as the other people. best is to install and look for yourself. just keeping in mind that if u run an rtx graphic card its better to wait til the engine upgrade if it even ever comes online.

• Thanks 1

I don't understand people who are always telling others that the game is dead, that nobody should download it, that you should uninstall etc, yet they hang around it on forums, in discord etc 24/7 and even log in to the game to say the same things there. There is probably medication for what they have.

It's F2P. Download it and try it. Some interesting and great weapon balance changes has been and are being made. Check it out!

• Like 3

Yeah i stopped playing for 7 months and now im addicted again and having the same or even more amount of fun. This game just hits different.

• Like 1