Sign in to follow this  
RadeonPro

Are the visuals/graphics going to improved in APB Engine upgrade?

I tested the new version and sadly the graphics/shaders/visuals/bloom quality looks worse than RTW. Someone a long long time ago posted a thread that shown RTW vs APB side by side, but i can't seem to located that thread anymore, but in the beta engine i see there are more environment objects, etc around on the maps, but as for the graphics and visual and bloom quality, it doesn't look good. I also never seen night time to see if the lights/reelections and bloom were present, anyone have any photos?

• Like 3

Draw distance is the big one, amongst things like indirect lighting. LO are making it a point to dial in performance and work on stuff like colors later.

There may be more dynamic lights in tge game too.

But if you look at 2.1 vs live you'll notice that fog in live is just about gone in 2.1.

• Like 2

Not really sure RTW should really be the gold standard to hold Apb to graphics wise, sure the lighting looked a bit better than live, but 2.1 will have it's own look, which is fine. 2.1 is what we're getting so might as well get used to the change. I think it looks nice.

Nightime pic since you asked for one;

APB_820LVF6ky5.jpg
APB_5A3AWIzMmm.jpg

It's still a beta and lighting I'm sure is subject to change, it looks a bit bright to me at night but there isn't any cloudcover effects or anything yet from what I can tell (my brightness could have been a bit high as well)

Edited by Acornie
Link broke, oops
  • Like 1

Nope. They seem pretty adamant in keeping the HEAVY downgrade on aesthetics. Sure, graphically it is a bit better. But really it is one step forward, two steps back.

Sign in to follow this