Whether are not you want to addess this or not, this is a fact.

Due to the Timeline of the game and experience gap of players there issues that no Game update can address.

There are soo many tryhard 8year plus vets that KNOW the names of nearly every mission stage.,

They know where they should be before you complete your current objective.

LO also stated the released 50 unused missions. UMMMM OK , I Don't see it. I could be wrong or if is.... Its so slight in difference its pointless.

The missions themselves needs to be remixed and re evaluated and renamed.

Please stop listenening to ONLY the top tier dudes, THEY DO NOT SPEND MONEY, THEY RUN OFF PLAYERS and are egostical messes.

The Forums are just as bad, FLAME on as you always do. I said the truth and I will not FOLLOW up on it because TOXICITY is ALL the forums are about.

Everytime I Post it,  It is with only with good intentions in HEART for the pursuit of the game, but is 110% met with Toxicity.

So do what you will and G night!

6 hours ago, Havana said:

Whether are not you want to addess this or not, this is a fact.

Here's a fun piece of information: saying something is a fact more often than not makes people more suspicious of what you're saying.

There are soo many tryhard 8year plus vets that KNOW the names of nearly every mission stage.,

They know where they should be before you complete your current objective.

No. Knowing the objectives in a mission does not give you the knowledge of where the objectives will actually be located in advance. This should be fairly obvious from just playing the game.

LO also stated the released 50 unused missions. UMMMM OK , I Don't see it. I could be wrong or if is.... Its so slight in difference its pointless.

IIRC mathematically speaking, it's 25 missions for Crims and 25 for Enforcers. Considering that each contact already has a pool of missions they can give out, with those 25 missions appended to various contacts, it's a given that you may not see all of these missions right away.

The missions themselves needs to be remixed and re evaluated and renamed.

Remixed and reevaluated? Decent idea, actually. I think there are some missions in the game which could use an overhaul.

Renamed? There's no real change this would bring about — and given the existence of localization configs which directly display mission objectives (because mission descriptions are replaced by just the objective list), the "issue" would still be there. Hell, if memory serves me right, LO has expressed interest of integrating "simplified" interface elements like those localization configs.

Please stop listenening to ONLY the top tier dudes, THEY DO NOT SPEND MONEY, THEY RUN OFF PLAYERS and are egostical messes.

Targeting specific groups within the playerbase is a great way of alienating support of your ideas. Not to mention, all groups and skill levels should be taken into account. Not just lower threat players, not just highest threat players — we either listen to everyone who speaks up, or we don't listen to anyone at all.

The Forums are just as bad, FLAME on as you always do. I said the truth and I will not FOLLOW up on it because TOXICITY is ALL the forums are about.

Everytime I Post it,  It is with only with good intentions in HEART for the pursuit of the game, but is 110% met with Toxicity.

Disagreement is not automatically toxicity. Saying that you're "speaking the truth" doesn't automatically make your words the undeniable truth or anything like that.

Edited by MartinPL
typo'd the word "threat"
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MartinPL said:

[text]

this forum thing is so much easier when other people write all the stuff i want to say

• Like 1

That feeling when all such problems will be automatically fixed with the new matchmaking

Edited by Lign

You cannot prevent this kind of problem. It gets even worse with time.

With time, games become inevitably less popular.
The players that tend to stay are those who are the most invested.
This, in turn, accelerates the CCU divide between new players and vet.

You can try to counter it by advertising your game,
or by adding a "Newborn nursery" server, to swaddle & train noobs before unleashing them into the wild.

The new matchmaking won't prevent noobs getting curbstomped if the playerbase is 90% veterans.
A positive experience for the first matches is paramount for player retention.

Edited by Talla

2 hours ago, MartinPL said:

No. Knowing the objectives in a mission does not give you the knowledge of where the objectives will actually be located in advance. This should be fairly obvious from just playing the game.

This is effectively where I have to correct you.

There are missions where the number of possible obj locations are limited , I'm speaking in particular about the fact that while there are multiple raidable doors that the game can pick from , there's only a select number of hackable satellites, raid/steal car spawns etc.

Here's a couple of missions right from the top of my head that I remember having very samey objective locations : 

Working like a doggi (Financial) - 
First 2 investigates are next to the asian looking center piece infront of Double B.
Second 2 investigates are inside the mall next to violet prentiss and leboyce.

Dial a detonator (Waterfront)
Sat Hack 1 , on top of the little building near the marina next to sabbat.
Sat hack 2 , on top of birth's place.
Sat hack 3 , to the left of the overpass about 100 meters after you finish birth's Sat.
Sat hack 4 , In the little building on the right side of the road that connects chiza to chiro.

Bombed out (both maps) 
When you finish doing the ambulance you'll have to complete a hack/invest on an ATM close to the ambulance's spawn location and after that a spray tag, also very close to the ambulance.

These obj spawns are only affected if another mission is using one of those locations for itself where instead of for instance, being asked to do Sat 3 after Sat 2, you get sent to the satellite infront of the gas station near chiza.

Pictures related to these mission locations : https://imgur.com/a/srU8B24

This is , without mentioning the missions that contain fake objectives that don't need to be completed (On the fence, only needs C , Daring deeds, only needs E+F) , missions that require you to carry heavy items or missions with car objectives where you can predict where it will respawn if you blow it out of a horrible place.

This is information that effectively lets you pre-plan a defense / pre-put a teammate on the objective spawn to complete it without defense.

There are soo many tryhard 8year plus vets that KNOW the names of nearly every mission stage.

You started to play 2012, which makes you an 8+ years old vet.

So now you just have to learn the names of missions and try harder. 

• Thanks 1

Christ, n I though I had No Life. 

22 minutes ago, RatedX said:

This is information that effectively lets you pre-plan a defense

To know n take notes on obj locations.  I think you guys are right to some degree, but you would need a whole team/group to follow a known 'play-book' 

18 minutes ago, RatedX said:

This is effectively where I have to correct you.

There are missions where the number of possible obj locations are limited , I'm speaking in particular about the fact that while there are multiple raidable doors that the game can pick from , there's only a select number of hackable satellites, raid/steal car spawns etc.

Here's a couple of missions right from the top of my head that I remember having very samey objective locations : 

Working like a doggi (Financial) - 
First 2 investigates are next to the asian looking center piece infront of Double B.
Second 2 investigates are inside the mall next to violet prentiss and leboyce.

Dial a detonator (Waterfront)
Sat Hack 1 , on top of the little building near the marina next to sabbat.
Sat hack 2 , on top of birth's place.
Sat hack 3 , to the left of the overpass about 100 meters after you finish birth's Sat.
Sat hack 4 , In the little building on the right side of the road that connects chiza to chiro.

Bombed out (both maps) 
When you finish doing the ambulance you'll have to complete a hack/invest on an ATM close to the ambulance's spawn location and after that a spray tag, also very close to the ambulance.

These obj spawns are only affected if another mission is using one of those locations for itself where instead of for instance, being asked to do Sat 3 after Sat 2, you get sent to the satellite infront of the gas station near chiza.

Pictures related to these mission locations : https://imgur.com/a/srU8B24

This is , without mentioning the missions that contain fake objectives that don't need to be completed (On the fence, only needs C , Daring deeds, only needs E+F) , missions that require you to carry heavy items or missions with car objectives where you can predict where it will respawn if you blow it out of a horrible place.

This is information that effectively lets you pre-plan a defense / pre-put a teammate on the objective spawn to complete it without defense.

That would make sense, but I don't think missions are tied to map areas (as in, On the Fence only being able to be started and take place within a specific neighborhood); this would mean that learning one mission would still require the knowledge of all possible objective spawnpoints, not just a specific set of them that is correct every single time. Feel free to correct me on that one if I'm wrong.

Either way, this only proves OP right on the assumption that some people with thousands of hours in the game (a small subset of veterans) will have individual spots memorized. The method of resolving this issue is adding more possible map items for mission interactions, not changing mission names and descriptions as OP suggested.

• Like 1

The game has been increasingly unplayable for me this year in the times I have tried to play due to bad matchmaking because the one remaining silver district is half filled with these kinds of players with no way to avoid them. I have noticed alot less mid-golds playing in the past year compared to the really really good high-golds that dominate the silver district. The skill gap is really huge between even mid and high golds now and its just not fun anymore to have 70%+ unbalanced missions that im guaranteed to lose. But nothing anyone can do about it because everyone is welcome to play so its just the way things are now.

• Like 1

As i can see many of you are veterans, but can you all remember how it was before with old treat system? Gold 1,Gold 2...etc... It was always hard for new players and when i started back to 2011/2012 it was also hard for me to play but i became veteran so what. You are always amateur somewhere in life in game in bed... 😉

2 hours ago, MartinPL said:

That would make sense, but I don't think missions are tied to map areas (as in, On the Fence only being able to be started and take place within a specific neighborhood); this would mean that learning one mission would still require the knowledge of all possible objective spawnpoints, not just a specific set of them that is correct every single time. Feel free to correct me on that one if I'm wrong.

Either way, this only proves OP right on the assumption that some people with thousands of hours in the game (a small subset of veterans) will have individual spots memorized. The method of resolving this issue is adding more possible map items for mission interactions, not changing mission names and descriptions as OP suggested.

From what I've observed, missions aren't tied to neighboorhoods/City blocks, but instead they have a strong tendency to appear in a close proximity area from the first objective.

For example, if you get a mission near beyong lee on the right side of waterfront, the common mission objectives (doors,windows , etc) will be located in the blocks about 200m in a circle around him.
Only exceptions are the special objectives like Last stage Scavenger dropoffs, satellites or bomb/defuse stores etc, these will force the mission logic to spawn the objective outside the area but still relatively close, if for instance you need to defuse a bomb in a store , you'll be taken to the central mall of waterfront.

While you can't effectively guess the correct specific store, this allows you to go straight to the mall to set up and camp while you wait for the enemy to finish their previous objective.

(Honestly, can we get Scavanger dropoffs fixed, its ridiculous how sometimes the bases spawn 10m from eachother , 1 kilometer apart, or in worst case scenario, 1 kilometer apart, while one faction gets the easy drive in and drop while the other faction gets tasked with climbing the Everest with a 50 kilo Toxic gas canister on its back)

I mean... 8+ years here, and I only have 1 mission memorized. Something Deeds. Forgot the first word. Heck, I don't even remember the whole mission. Just that the 2nd or 3rd stage has you raid 4 doors - but only 2 of the doors are necessary (Obj. E and F). The other two just waste time.

That's about all I got to show for 8 years of knowledge...

Ope, found it: APB DB has everything you need.

So.... not entirely veteran knowledge exclusively... anyone can pull this data up and use it.

toxic is one thing, but it just seems like you can't take criticism for having a bad take.

>EVERYTHING I SAY IS TRUTH AND YOU CANNOT TELL ME OTHERWISE

well what's the point of posting on a public forum? you're already in the mindset that you're not going to be disuaded from your stance so you take every opposite viewpoint as hostile for some odd reason.