Kino

What are your thoughts/opinions on the Norseman weapons?

I'm simply curious as to what others think about them.

Need a nerf? Need a buff? Perfectly fine? A little tweak?

Like/dislike them for any particular reason?

Just wanna hear what people have to say about them. I got the pack when it first came out, though I'd rather not start with my opinions on them.

Thanks!

The people I know who own them seem to like them, other than that I cant really say.

Just tested one for 3 days (the hoenir? with the blue mod). I liked it very much and will buy it when prizes are reworked.

But im a (real) Silver. My shooting is meh and so more bulltes in the mag are good for me and the insane reloading speed helped too. 

I used the Hoenir for 30 days, its mostly ok stats-wise but the TTK is just too long. Dunno about the other variants.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The people I know who own them seem to like them, other than that I cant really say.

Yeah, they are neat. I like them as well, the models look cool imo

2 hours ago, KurtKlops said:

Just tested one for 3 days (the hoenir? with the blue mod). I liked it very much and will buy it when prizes are reworked.

But im a (real) Silver. My shooting is meh and so more bulltes in the mag are good for me and the insane reloading speed helped too. 

IMO the hoenir is the best of them. I like it a lot too. It's the only one that can get its unique benefit withOUT holding down the trigger the entire time. Although I too am not that skilled. I bounce from gold to silver a lot. My technical skills are pretty potato, so the extra bullets do help!

1 hour ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

They give you the power of the gods! (Apparently)

Lol I wish they did

1 hour ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Never used it. A guy used it on me a few days ago. Seems like the large mag is advantageous.

The big mag size can benefit in some situations. A lot of times if someone runs around a corner or behind cover after I start shooting them, I will keep holding down the trigger and they sometimes step back out into the last bullet or two that I needed to secure the kill. Other times it doesn't work out and they just stay behind cover or around the corner. Once they do that, the 2nd time I hold down and let go of the trigger for a brief moment and fire again in case they pop out thinking I ran out of ammo on the magazine.

49 minutes ago, Nite said:

I used the Hoenir for 30 days, its mostly ok stats-wise but the TTK is just too long. Dunno about the other variants.

Yeah, I agree. They all are fun but they seem like they take a lot longer to kill compared to the other SMGs. Now, that could be because of my potato aiming skills mentioned above, so take that how you will. Even the lowest TTK on them feels just long though. So idk. 

Edited by Kino
Typo

15 minutes ago, Kino said:

Other times it doesn't work out and they just stay behind cover or around the corner. Once they do that, the 2nd time I hold down and let go of the trigger for a brief moment and fire again in case they pop out thinking I ran out of ammo on the magazine.

It's fun tricking people that you're out of ammo.

theyre fun guns to use because of the unique playstyle the large ammo pool gives you, but im not sure id call them competitive in the current cqc environment

In need of a buff. Fun to play with though.

31 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

It's fun tricking people that you're out of ammo.

Lol yess

25 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

theyre fun guns to use because of the unique playstyle the large ammo pool gives you, but im not sure id call them competitive in the current cqc environment

This is pretty much how I feel. They are definitely fun, but in 1v1s against other SMGs, they are pretty weak(but this coming from a silver still). Im not sure if they need to be buffed exactly. I feel they could easily be too strong with the huge magazine if they were to get a flat damage increase. 

They're a gimicky gun for having fun, not usefull in a competitive sense (doesn't have to be to be fun though)

Its TTK for Norseman being an SMG cqc weapon is terrible. Its 0.79s and it needs 0.72s or 0.7s at least. 

Talking about TTK, did you guys noticed how even such a small amount of time as 0.05s (that CJ3 mostly decreases) does a big difference in fight? Its shocking.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

No poll, failed thread.

My only opinion on them is that they look awful. And thats how oca should fire, not that ridiculous split fire it has.

Edited by Excalibur!

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't like them.

They're fun meme guns, but they're absolutely useless in every way.

Edited by GhosT
le typo

3 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

They give you the power of the gods! (Apparently)

thats true :'D

I own them all.

Only the Hoenir is decent. Stupid fast reload on a 60 round mag? Yes please. 

The Odin is garbage, and the nice thing is it is suppressed.

The other two are gimmicks, and suffer from long reloads.

Last time I read a thread about these guns most people said they are terrible so I didn't bother trying, but this thread making me think maybe its not terrible? Is it just one of those guns where it only works well in some people hands?

They are subpar, albeit quite fun, but ye - just to begin with: the TTK is just not very competetive.

Edited by neophobia

37 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

Last time I read a thread about these guns most people said they are terrible so I didn't bother trying, but this thread making me think maybe its not terrible? Is it just one of those guns where it only works well in some people hands?

Not really. Their accuracy is about as bad as a shotty at 15m.

They will never be meta, but that 60 round mag takes people by surprise.

41 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

I can't recommend them for anything serious. But if you're looking to mess around and dont care, they are fun. 

I've used the Hoenir( blue mod ) from time to time, it's pretty fun and a nice change from others SMGs.

Gives you an almost instant reload once your magazine runs out, can be really neat for long fights or for targeting multiple players.

IMO the 3 others aren't worth it, especially the Odin (pack exclusive), since you can't mod it.

norsememes. nice memes. 

probably the only pack i haven't gotten yet. they're fun from what i've seen on videos but they will always remain off-meta.

Good Gun, enough bullets for bad aim or multiple targets, but wont stand up to other subguns

Be nice if I could use mine  BUT NO we got dds