Lign

hvr nerf

3 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

You can miss all of your pellets due to the RNG pellet spread, and with a damage dropoff of 7M, the damage output is extremely inconsistent in cqc combat. The HVR would always deal the damage, and before the nerfs, it's base accuracy was tight enough to land hits in cqc 100% of the time.

Hvr is rng because it’s ads based weapon, jg works different

13 minutes ago, Lign said:

Hvr is rng because it’s ads based weapon, jg works different

Before the nerfs, when you switched to the HVR, it would not start out with max bloom, it would have the base accuracy. As long as you stopped moving before you switched to the HVR, there was no RNG involved in landing the shot.

It's hypocritical to claim they didn't want RNG weapons in cqc when they neutered shotguns to the point that they are literally RNG cannons in cqc.

Edited by SquirrelFace

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

Before the nerfs, when you switched to the HVR, it would not start out with max bloom, it would have the base accuracy. As long as you stopped moving before you switched to the HVR, there was no RNG involved in landing the shot.

It's hypocritical to claim they didn't want RNG weapons in cqc when they neutered shotguns to the point that they are literally RNG cannons in cqc.

It was fixed by g1 long time ago to nerf qs a bit. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lign said:

LO, you can easily remove damage scale based on accuracy now if you’re making it 770 per shot

This is something most of us can agree, i would think. Damage based on accuracy was/is one of the worst/illogical nerfs so far.

Damage scale based on accuracy is extremely dumb, especially since headshots don't exist in APB

18 hours ago, Aseri said:

i feel like you're both heavily misunderstanding. I'm saying hvr in the current patch, before this new nerf gets pushed to live. I am not talking about the hvr you could jumpshot and get 850 damage off your opponent.

edit: If you're somehow confusing me saying I agree with the OP's idea of removing that nerf if they insist on lowering damage, please stop. I am in no way saying Pre-LO HVR was balanced

I mean, you called it redundant because it made 1 shot into 2 shot despite it being done specifically to combat qsing with higher damage pistols? I can agree it can "seem redundant" due to fbw/.45 meta, but it's to cover the other bases. The initial spot where you said "fire 1 shot and hope they run into it" is probably where the conflict of thought happened because that's pre-damage nerf hvr.

27 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Damage scale based on accuracy is extremely dumb, especially since headshots don't exist in APB

It wasn't done for headshots, it was done to end qsing, big difference.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

It wasn't done for headshots, it was done to end qsing, big difference.

My point is that accuracy damage is kinda the point of headshots. Headshots deal extra damage obv outside of APB and if theres guna be accuracy damage then make headshots a thing.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

My point is that accuracy damage is kinda the point of headshots. Headshots deal extra damage obv outside of APB and if theres guna be accuracy damage then make headshots a thing.

That logic legit makes no sense. "Accuracy damage" would imply different damage based on  *where* you hit. Not how accurate a weapon's accuracy is. The accuracy damage for the HVR is legit stupid imo, and i've always hated it, regardless of why i know it was implemented. But saying that you should add headshots because of it, doesn't make sense because it's not the same type of accuracy damage.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

No, because then i cant kill you with my oca and percs while im using kevlar 3 

10 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

This is something most of us can agree, i would think. Damage based on accuracy was/is one of the worst/illogical nerfs so far.

It was good imo for 850 damage, but they finally decided to do what ppl were asking for, lowering it's damage and I can say that mechanic is not needed anymore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 2:09 AM, Selali said:

We actually tested that change extensively over the last month and concluded that while its not the most clear solution to new players, it was a necessary step to keep the weapon from being an RNG cannon in close quarters. We have investigated a number of different changes and this is the most balanced change that we have found at this time.

nerf also to 750 too I dont care... just buff the freak  walk modifier, move a little w-a-s-d and it's a miss 60% of time at least, very frustating.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:57 AM, Lign said:

LO, you can easily remove damage scale based on accuracy now if you’re making it 770 per shot

i agree it should be removed and the equip time should just be upped and ez u got a balanced sniper rifle

On 11/24/2020 at 2:09 PM, Selali said:

We actually tested that change extensively over the last month and concluded that while its not the most clear solution to new players, it was a necessary step to keep the weapon from being an RNG cannon in close quarters. We have investigated a number of different changes and this is the most balanced change that we have found at this time.

you can literally stand still and it does full damage the change doesnt affect cqb whatsoever unless your testers are bronze threat players which they are

It didn't need a damage nerf or the switch-lock imho. The damage based on bloom is the perfect solution.

On 11/26/2020 at 5:00 AM, FakeBungo said:

you can literally stand still and it does full damage the change doesnt affect cqb whatsoever unless your testers are bronze threat players which they are

...and guess what happens when you "stand still". Especially in CQB 🤦‍♂️