Lign

hvr nerf

LO, you can easily remove damage scale based on accuracy now if you’re making it 770 per shot

• Like 10

Didn't need a separate thread, but yes I agree, I never liked that mechanic; or, at least make it less drastic if they're deadset on not just yeeting it entirely

We actually tested that change extensively over the last month and concluded that while its not the most clear solution to new players, it was a necessary step to keep the weapon from being an RNG cannon in close quarters. We have investigated a number of different changes and this is the most balanced change that we have found at this time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Selali said:

We actually tested that change extensively over the last month and concluded that while its not the most clear solution to new players, it was a necessary step to keep the weapon from being an RNG cannon in close quarters. We have investigated a number of different changes and this is the most balanced change that we have found at this time.

That’s not an argument. Because most ads based weapons are rng cannons in cqc

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Selali said:

it was a necessary step to keep the weapon from being an RNG cannon in close quarters.

what exactly is the problem with being an rng cannon in cqc anyway?

thats an appropriate risk for trying to force the hvr out of its niche imo

• Like 8

damage based on accuracy

Most stupid change ever
Just remove this bullshoot already

• Like 6

Umm yeah, I mean it HIGH RISK High Reward. I was never good at it but had respect for ppl that did. As it is right now the game is becoming BORING. EVERYTHING is Almost nothing but SMG's 24 7. I mean A WHOLE LOT. Its soo boring. i like to use non meta weird combos and I am getting wrecked now. I don't wannt to be a meta gun only player. But, I am just about to that point of putting on that OCA, whisper, and every try hards fave gun of the moment the Stilleto!

Yawn. 

• Like 2

I agree with removing the damage scaling with accuracy. I also don't see what the issue with the one shot with secondary into hvr kill was, because honestly it was a pretty small window to do it in, and if you managed, the enemy either screwed up really badly or you absolutely nailed it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aseri said:

I agree with removing the damage scaling with accuracy. I also don't see what the issue with the one shot with secondary into hvr kill was, because honestly it was a pretty small window to do it in, and if you managed, the enemy either screwed up really badly or you absolutely nailed it.

Nah, qs was op. The problem is that many players mastered it to insanely overpowered lvl, making it 0.5 ttk. I remember how I could easily kill pre nerfed oca with hvr in cqc. It was a complete bullshLt. But I believe with that new damage, it won’t be that strong if they remove damage scale

• Like 4

Even if damage nerf is ok, since many veterans asked for it, but there is no reason for leaving that weird damage-accuracy penalty as it is, Scout is still a thing anyway. Give 762 users a chance.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lign said:

Nah, qs was op. The problem is that many players mastered it to insanely overpowered lvl, making it 0.5 ttk. I remember how I could easily kill pre nerfed oca with hvr in cqc. It was a complete bullshLt. But I believe with that new damage, it won’t be that strong if they remove damage scale

qs during the last patch really wasn't though, you had to hit the 45 shot, switch, and aim in and hope your enemy was stupid enough to run into it. changing it to two shots, like most people do already anyway, is almost kinda redundant imo

2 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

nerf oca pls

Read the patchnote again pls.

1 hour ago, Selali said:

The thing is, the RNG cannon in CQC is what made it both fun and risky to use in cqc. You get into situations where shooting that RNG shot or 2, was more thrilling/fun because you knew you'd be damned if you switched to pistol due to equip time so firing that hail mary was the better chance. Now you're forced to switch to pistol and it just doesn't feel as good, and it doesn't level the role at all being forced to switch like that. While I can agree, snipers aren't very effective in CQC the RNG was a good thing.

If anything I think a lot of players would agree on would be buffing the base damage so it doesn't feel so bad in cqc if you're going to keep the ramp. Make it like 550 damage or something, so if you get 2 point blank shots off in cqc it doesn't feel atrocious to die because you had to hit a *third* shot against a shotgun/oca/ntec spray. While still limiting qsing.

The whole problem in the first place was qsing, which is why the changes occurred. But being forced to fire 3 pistol shots and switch is plenty enough of a ttk increase to prevent it in some cases, and punish them for not staying pistol in others, while still letting people fire 2 shots off in cqc if they want to do so.

3 minutes ago, Aseri said:

qs during the last patch really wasn't though, you had to hit the 45 shot, switch, and aim in and hope your enemy was stupid enough to run into it. changing it to two shots, like most people do already anyway, is almost kinda redundant imo

Qsing was broken, and always was. There shouldn't even be an argument about that. I've won matches where it was 4 snipers 3hvrs and a scout (they qsed) vs my team and I went qs hvr and dominated them because I was better at it. It was broken beyond belief and it's the ONLY reason why the HVR was nerfed so heavily. It shouldn't make a comeback and the nerf isn't redundant. The extra bullet increases the TTK of the QS. Before, qsing was really fast especially when macroed (and yes people macro'd it), increasing the amount of shots needed before hand, artificially increases the chances the enemy can kill you while equipping the sniper.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Just now, Nagletz said:

Read the patchnote again pls.

my bad

ty

5 minutes ago, Aseri said:

After playing a lot of arranged in qs era I disagree. Skill jumped so high during that time. People stopped missing a lot and weapons with high amount of damage per shot became much stronger than weapons with tracking mechanic. It’s much easier to land one shot now than minttk with weapons such as oca etc.

here is the montage of old hvr and I can say that this one is pretty average gameplay. People did much crazier things with qs on arranged 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lign said:

After playing a lot of arranged in qs era I disagree. Skill jumped so high during that time. People stopped missing a lot and weapons with high amount of damage per shot became much stronger than weapons with tracking mechanic. It’s much easier to land one shot now than minttk with weapons such as oca etc.

here is the montage of old hvr and I can say that this one is pretty average gameplay. People did much crazier things with qs on arranged 

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The thing is, the RNG cannon in CQC is what made it both fun and risky to use in cqc. You get into situations where shooting that RNG shot or 2, was more thrilling/fun because you knew you'd be damned if you switched to pistol due to equip time so firing that hail mary was the better chance. Now you're forced to switch to pistol and it just doesn't feel as good, and it doesn't level the role at all being forced to switch like that. While I can agree, snipers aren't very effective in CQC the RNG was a good thing.

If anything I think a lot of players would agree on would be buffing the base damage so it doesn't feel so bad in cqc if you're going to keep the ramp. Make it like 550 damage or something, so if you get 2 point blank shots off in cqc it doesn't feel atrocious to die because you had to hit a *third* shot against a shotgun/oca/ntec spray. While still limiting qsing.

The whole problem in the first place was qsing, which is why the changes occurred. But being forced to fire 3 pistol shots and switch is plenty enough of a ttk increase to prevent it in some cases, and punish them for not staying pistol in others, while still letting people fire 2 shots off in cqc if they want to do so.

Qsing was broken, and always was. There shouldn't even be an argument about that. I've won matches where it was 4 snipers 3hvrs and a scout (they qsed) vs my team and I went qs hvr and dominated them because I was better at it. It was broken beyond belief and it's the ONLY reason why the HVR was nerfed so heavily. It shouldn't make a comeback and the nerf isn't redundant. The extra bullet increases the TTK of the QS. Before, qsing was really fast especially when macroed (and yes people macro'd it), increasing the amount of shots needed before hand, artificially increases the chances the enemy can kill you while equipping the sniper.

i feel like you're both heavily misunderstanding. I'm saying hvr in the current patch, before this new nerf gets pushed to live. I am not talking about the hvr you could jumpshot and get 850 damage off your opponent.

edit: If you're somehow confusing me saying I agree with the OP's idea of removing that nerf if they insist on lowering damage, please stop. I am in no way saying Pre-LO HVR was balanced

Edited by Aseri
additional info that adding an extra post for would be dumb

I'd say leave the damage scaling but make it so it starts from like 450 and goes to 770.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lign said:

That’s not an argument. Because most ads based weapons are rng cannons in cqc

But not an 800 (770) dmg rng canon. That's a heck of a canon.

1 hour ago, Cr0 said:

But not an 800 (770) dmg rng canon. That's a heck of a canon.

Almost the same as scout but scout doesn’t have that damage scale mechanic. You can jumpshot, you can hipfire in sprinting with it if you kissed en enemy in cqc. You can shoot from crouch without ads.

2 hours ago, Szambi said:

I'd say leave the damage scaling but make it so it starts from like 450 and goes to 770.

Good idea, but I would make it 500 or 550 then, to still be able to two shot

Edited by Lign

17 hours ago, Selali said:

JG has entered the chat.

13 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

JG has entered the chat.

Jg has nothing to do with rng based on bloom size as hvr or any other ads weapons

It does seem a bit silly that now we are seeing the HVR having its damage reduced after a number of previous blog posts (Not just from LO) stating that the HVR needed its damage etc. It went through so many different nerfs before they finally got to the one that was the crux of the issue.

My main issue with the cross hair scaling is that I don't think it's particularly well explained to new players - it along with the DMR has a hidden(ish) mechanic. Might have been better for the HVR to have some form of reverse damage drop off instead of the cross hair to make the heavy snipers (Excluding IRS I guess?) more consistent.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lign said:

Jg has nothing to do with rng based on bloom size as hvr or any other ads weapons

You can miss all of your pellets due to the RNG pellet spread, and with a damage dropoff of 7M, the damage output is extremely inconsistent in cqc combat. The HVR would always deal the damage, and before the nerfs, it's base accuracy was tight enough to land hits in cqc 100% of the time.

11 hours ago, Dezire said:

Just remove the gun :^)

just remove all guns, turn the rating to a AO game and give us sex shops and appartments that we can invite out friends in so we can have some ERPvP

• Like 2