Sakebee

11/25 Patch Announcement

Holy potatoes LO! I love you I love you I love you I love you!

I'm gonna start playing the game again.

Tbh, I will say that the AR-Misery is very very buffed (but in my prolonged experience the accuracy modifers numbers on shot still make it neccesary for the player to 'control' the weapon), but the rest looks really really nice.

I was scared upon reading percussion at first, but with the PIG stam-dmg upped I feel like that is a healthy change. Maybe APB is ready for a nerfed PIG but buffed TG-8 (1 shot less + more accurcay?) or other LTL weaponry though. If I don't use PIG for stunning with primary intent (with lethal primary weapon) I am 'trolling'.

with reading everything i see that the oca and scout has been touched. i can also see that the scout has been balanced. but again seeing the oca who needed a buff compared to the pmg seeing a huge nerf compared to the pmg. than again i m wondering if these changes are realy balanced with the intend of keeping them popular enough. also seeing some underrated guns getting a boost is always a nice feature. i also hope that the rsa can be true to its name now. but stil from theother balance list. i would stil see if u would do a rework on the snubnose - act44 becous i see that those guns are now underwelming for usage than the other guns.

i understand that its verry hard to balance guns. but lets hope we stil going to enjoy the guns after the update.

10 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Essentially it has to do with how the database is set up. There is no easy way to do a capitalization change without messing things up on the backend. I would need to confirm with our engineers, but it is likely that name "a" and "A" are treated similarly in the database (though represent differently visually to the end user). Thus, if you want to change from "a" to "A," the sequence necessary is "a" -> "B" (placeholder name) -> "A" (hence the updated instructions in ARMAS). 

3 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

bro what?

just let us make tickets and have capitalization changed for free, not double LMAO

Add a feature to namechange to a randomly available username for free? 😛
That way you get to skip step
1:  "a" -> "B" (placeholder name)

Edited by Talla

1 hour ago, Talla said:

Add a feature to namechange to a randomly available username for free? 😛
That way you get to skip step
1:  "a" -> "B" (placeholder name)

That would give more ways to troll people. APB's community did rot enough at this point.

But I have question to LO: how CS must be filled with such tickets to make you do so? Or am I missing something?

@Sakebee

This makes the golden nhvr 762 weaker than scout. 

the scout was already faster but now it kills with 2 shots at a longer range than 83metres where the golden nhvr needs 3 shots after that range.

It doesnt make sense anymore honestly 

12 minutes ago, Preme said:

@Sakebee

This makes the golden nhvr 762 weaker than scout. 

the scout was already faster but now it kills with 2 shots at a longer range than 83metres where the golden nhvr needs 3 shots after that range.

It doesnt make sense anymore honestly 

you bought golden nhvr? That was a bad choice.

25 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

It sure now is 😕

17 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Stabba - PIG

The Stabba - PIG has received the following change:

• Stamina damage has been increased from 675 to 750.

Due to percussion grenades having their stamina damage reduced, the stamina damage of Stabba - PIG has been increased once again.

17 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Colby M-1922 (Tommy Gun)

The Colby M-1922 has received the following change:

• Overall recoil reduced by 50%.

The overall recoil of the Colby M-1922 was decreased, which will make it a more viable pick.

These 2 changes are nice..

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Who the hell thinked that SNIPER rifle's silencer have to decrease effective range is a good idea... it have to be changed a while ago. Silencers are useless btw, maybe radar invisibility would help..

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Colby M-1922 (Tommy Gun)

The Colby M-1922 has received the following change:

• Overall recoil reduced by 50%.

The overall recoil of the Colby M-1922 was decreased, which will make it a more viable pick.

Waiting about 8 years for something like this.Still wonder dou how Shini was able to maintain dat recoil back then..

p.s. sry for making another post i told im editin the other one P

Edited by TheMessiah

2 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Who the hell thinked that SNIPER rifle's silencer have to decrease effective range is a good idea... it have to be changed a while ago. Silencers are useless btw, maybe radar invisibility would help..

When tracer mechanics are reintroduced with the engine upgrade, silencers will gain a purpose (hiding tracers that can give away positions), albeit situational. I do agree that it is pointless to assign them a downside in the current game, them occupying a slot/color is already enough of a penalty.

As for the changes, I like most of them, especially the Scoped N-Tec and Tommygun. I'm not a big fan of the Misery's changes since it feels like a nerf to me, the weapon has issues more severe than its recoil, such as its effective range and extremely slow marksmanship movement speed, and its jumpshooting gimmick has now been taken away. 

I'm not sure about the OCA changes since SMGs are difficult to justify over shotguns without a range advantage. I do agree with the general idea (of OCAs needing a nerf) but perhaps 17.5 is going too far, especially for the Whisper which will be heavily penalized by this. Its extra accuracy will be near useless with such a low range and the inability to equip Improved Rifling 3.

• Like 2

I feel like some weapon categories need to be addressed regarding consistency and specializations.

1. Shotguns - 
While some shotguns feel extremely underpowered and underwhelming, some are just plain bonkers in terms of low risk high reward.
For instance, heres the JG's stats : 

0.65 TTK
12 pellets = 756 damage 
Minimum of 8 pellets per shell to secure a 2 shot kill at 504 damage.
1.5 meters pellet spread at 10m 

This means a JG player only needs to connect with roughly 66% of his pellets to secure a 2 shot kill.
This also permits a gross combination where a missed shot with only 4/12 pellets hitting is still 2 shot kill territory granted the next shot is a 12/12 pellet hit.

Comparably ,
CSG sits at 80% pellet hit for a 2 shot kill (17/21)
Showstopper Thunder sits at 88% for a 3 shot kill (8/9)
Thumper at 83% for a 3 shot kill (10/12)
Shredder at 88% for a 3 shot kill (8/9)
Nfas at 83% for a 3 shot kill (10/12)

Heres my suggestion to fix this issue with shotguns : 

-Pellet damage should be based on a POSITIVE Per Ray Damage Multiplier to achieve a desired minimum accuracy requirement per shell in order to secure min TTK and reduce the reward potential on partially missed shots.   (First pellets deal LESS damage while next ones deal increasingly more damage forcing accuracy over luck).
-Shotgun effective ranges should be tweaked with spread rather than max range.
For example, converting the JG's 1.5m spread to 2.5m

2. Explosives -
Explosives lack specializations and/or require minimal aiming ability.

2.1 Grenades -
Frags :
damage = 750
Vehicle damage = 567 (1134 damage combined; enough to 2 shot most cars and disable the normal vegas and Pioneer/espacio)
Radius = 4m Max , 7m Min (if we assume 30% min damage, it will still do 225 HP damage and 170 Vehicle damage at 7 meters)

The Frag is an extremely versatile grenade especially when compared to other types of grenades , fact that has been made more apparent with the semi-recent car HP nerf.
It effectively requires a serious tweak to its hard damage in order to specialize the Frag to the Anti player role to justify picking Concussions over it in this current vehicle meta + satchel charge existence.

Low Yield Frags could also be tweaked to fill the versatile grenade role with a minor buff to its radius and hard damage. 
(Say, hard damage 376 -> 490 , radius 2m -> 3m)

2.2 Launchers 

OPGL - needs sound cues and visibility. Not only does the OPGL not have a very visible grenade model (it looking like a very thin kitkat bar) it also makes no sound regarding its existence. 
- Enlarge the grenade model and give it a grenade fuse sound cue.

AAEPD Volcano - 
Like the literal description implies, the Volcano is effectively an "Anti Armour Explosive Projectile Device" however, recent tweaks to it specialized it in anti personnel which is just purely incorrect.
Here's my suggestion to tweak the volcano in the right direction:

Max Health damage : 1000 -> 800
Max hard damage : 800 -> 1100
Max Damage radius : 2m (No change)
Radius : 7.5m -> 5m 

This should effectively specialize the volcano in Anti Armour like it should be and cut back on the abusiveness that is 100m airbusting

• Like 1

Alot of these changes are interesting, mainly love the HVR and the perc nerfs as they were needed. The scout really didnt need to be changed though as its a 3 shot weapon. As it was having CA on + damage dropoff meant you recovered enough hp to where the 3rd shot was required 100% of the time at range. Add to this that there is no comparison to an HVR at range since it doesnt have a dropoff the scout is UP more then anything else. I would have left the scout alone as is given the HVR nerf.

I'm a tad late I suppose, but, good changes here, very nice.

Giving the PMG .9 crouch modifier I like, I think both the PMG and OCA should be uniform at .9, but close enough. However, I'm not sure I like the damage change choices; the change to the OCA's damage dropoff ramp start is understandable, it's quite drastic, but it makes sense. what I don't quite agree with however is why the ramp end has to be so short; making the OCA take a single more bullet to kill, on top of the increased likelihood of missing, turns it to 0.768 seconds for 9 shots, and 0.864 seconds at 10 shots; increasing it's shots-to-kill by just a few puts a damper on it's prowess so the harsh dropoff isn't needed, It being a whopping 28 shots to kill at just 25m doesn't feel right to me, that's about the distance form sidewalk to sidewalk across a four lane street in Financial. giving it the same length dropoff ramp of the PMG (15m) would be good; I don't think being able to kill someone in 1.15 seconds, having to land 13 shots, at 25m out would be breaking (let's hope my maffs was right). Personally, I think putting both the PMG and OCA at max at 20m and min at 35m makes the most sense to me because then they're on the same level. I don't know, I can just imagine a newer player that's not fully initiated being perplexed and frustrated by their gun doing basically no damage to enemy at a distance under 30m

But, aside from that all the changes are all good, perc taking slightly more skill to use makes sense, scout at 575 is perfect, only thing I can comment on is how I'm not sure the recoil reduction is enough of a buff to make the Misery competitive, it could really benefit from the tiniest of RoF buffs, and from the 5m buff the Scoped N-tec received 

And the new RSA changes are just;
3x
It's perfect, no more touchy

Edited by Acornie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 4:09 AM, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

again with the unnecessary tweaks, just revert the scout back to its 550 damage stats where it was fantastically balanced

People have wanted a scout buff from 550 to 600 for YEARS. I myself like using the scout and am a tad upset to hear that the damage was reduced to 575. However, to say it was fantastically balanced at 550 is a bit of an overstatement, considering that people considered it garbage because CA3 is the standard of play and jumpshooting got nerfed.

Merged.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:12 PM, RatedX said:

I feel like some weapon categories need to be addressed regarding consistency and specializations.

1. Shotguns - 
While some shotguns feel extremely underpowered and underwhelming, some are just plain bonkers in terms of low risk high reward.

0.65 TTK
12 pellets = 756 damage 

This means a JG player only needs to connect with roughly 66% of his pellets to secure a 2 shot kill.
This also permits a gross combination where a missed shot with only 4/12 pellets hitting is still 2 shot kill territory granted the next shot is a 12/12 pellet hit.

Comparably ,

-Pellet damage should be based on a POSITIVE Per Ray Damage Multiplier to achieve a desired minimum accuracy requirement per shell in order to secure min TTK and reduce the reward potential on partially missed shots.   (First pellets deal LESS damage while next ones deal increasingly more damage forcing accuracy over luck).

2. Explosives -
Explosives lack specializations and/or require minimal aiming ability.

2.1 Grenades -
Frags :
damage = 750
Vehicle damage = 567 (1134 damage combined; enough to 2 shot most cars and disable the normal vegas and Pioneer/espacio)
Radius = 4m Max , 7m Min (if we assume 30% min damage, it will still do 225 HP damage and 170 Vehicle damage at 7 meters)

The Frag is an extremely versatile grenade especially when compared to other types of grenades , fact that has been made more apparent with the semi-recent car HP nerf.
It effectively requires a serious tweak to its hard damage in order to specialize the Frag to the Anti player role to justify picking Concussions over it in this current vehicle meta + satchel charge existence.

Low Yield Frags could also be tweaked to fill the versatile grenade role with a minor buff to its radius and hard damage. 
(Say, hard damage 376 -> 490 , radius 2m -> 3m)

2.2 Launchers 

OPGL - needs sound cues and visibility. Not only does the OPGL not have a very visible grenade model (it looking like a very thin kitkat bar) it also makes no sound regarding its existence. 
- Enlarge the grenade model and give it a grenade fuse sound cue.

AAEPD Volcano - 
Like the literal description implies, the Volcano is effectively an "Anti Armour Explosive Projectile Device" however, recent tweaks to it specialized it in anti personnel which is just purely incorrect.
Here's my suggestion to tweak the volcano in the right direction:

Max Health damage : 1000 -> 800
Max hard damage : 800 -> 1100
Max Damage radius : 2m (No change)
Radius : 7.5m -> 5m 

This should effectively specialize the volcano in Anti Armour like it should be and cut back on the abusiveness that is 100m airbusting

I thought you had something at the shotgun percentages, until you mentioned worsening the spread drastically, as for grenades? How about no, you also forget that the car nerf, nerfed multiple vehicles that had initially been buffed after they reworked the ALIG, while implying that frags are a problem because of it,  it was necessary for several of the vehicles (glares at Pio/espacio), but Frags aren't a problem and shouldn't be nerfed.  Low yields could i guess do more hard damage, but i wouldn't increase radius, maybe to 2.5 but not 3 if so.

OPGL you can hear and see half the time, the other half the time you can't. It depends on if you run a config and how your sound settings are. They already have a sound and I believe a trail(unless it got removed in some patch on accident), the problem i think is that the beep only happens maybe once a second? So if it's in range after it beeped it "sounds" like it came from nowhere because it moves so fast. They could just increase the speed of the beeping or something to help negate that issue. Maybe once every .5seconds, but it already has a sound que. I'd be fine with increasing the grenade model size, the amount of times i've died because it "fell through" the ground is insane. <- SERIOUSLY WTF 7 YEARS LATER STILL A THING

AAEPD was always able to kill people in like 1 hit at max range tho? And the literal WHOLE reason they don't kill in 1 shot with a rocket on vehicles, is because they have 2 rockets. That'd make AAEPD sooo broke by increasing hard damage that much, regardless of the radius change. The OSMAW ONLY does 1000HP damage with 1 shot in the mag, but you're suggesting Volcano gets 1100 per shot? With 2 shots in the mag???? If anything you could keep the HP damage reduction as is with smaller radius (the radius does feel a bit massive for 2 explosions almost a second apart) but the hard damage shouldn't be buffed.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

19 hours ago, Nagletz said:

That would give more ways to troll people. APB's community did rot enough at this point.

troll people by changing the capitlization of their names? how?

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

People have wanted a scout buff from 550 to 600 for YEARS. I myself like using the scout and am a tad upset to hear that the damage was reduced to 575. However, to say it was fantastically balanced at 550 is a bit of an overstatement, considering that people considered it garbage because CA3 is the standard of play and jumpshooting got nerfed.

it was fantastically balanced, the only people who considered the scout garbage because of ca3 are people who cant aim

the scout has been less popular because there wasnt any real reason to use it over the unnerfed heavy hvr, but its always been one of the most versatile guns in apb

• Like 1

Oh decided to try APB after 2 years, turned on and servers shut down on 6 hours.... APB welcome to me

12 hours ago, RatedX said:

1. Shotguns - 

0.65 TTK
12 pellets = 756 damage 

Comparably ,

You cannot compare percentages of pellets need to hit because of the different spread you mentioned.

13 hours ago, RatedX said:

1. Shotguns - 

0.65 TTK
12 pellets = 756 damage 

Comparably ,

you're forgetting a thing that shotguns are extremely overpowered in 3rd person shooter, making them even stronger will ruin other type of weapons in cqc. JG is already faster than any meta smg, and don't forget that it's a paper definition of strength, practical you're going to minttk with smg in very rare scenarious while you can hit scan with jg and make an easy two shot kills

Edited by Lign

7 minutes ago, Lign said:

you're forgetting a thing that shotguns are extremely overpowered in 3rd person shooter, making them even stronger will ruin other type of weapons in cqc. JG is already faster than any meta smg, and don't forget that it's a paper definition of strength, practical you're going to minttk with smg in very rare scenarious while you can hit scan with jg and make an easy two shot kills

It is true that a min ttk kill is easier with JG, but it is also more risk involved. If you miss one of the first two shots and need a third one your ttk will be a lot higher than smg's ttk. Missing shots with smg is more forgiving.

Not saying JG should be buffed, it is fine right now in my opinion

7 minutes ago, McL said:

It is true that a min ttk kill is easier with JG, but it is also more risk involved. If you miss one of the first two shots and need a third one your ttk will be a lot higher than smg's ttk. Missing shots with smg is more forgiving.

Not saying JG should be buffed, it is fine right now in my opinion

And your words are also true, but high risk is only involved in situations without covers, most times JG is used with corners or any other cover. If you missed a shot, you can hide and just repick, but honestly missing with jg in 2020 is very lame and sub average skill ceiling in my opinion. But I would like to see a slight accuracy buff for csg, it really lacks of it even tho I hate shotguns in this game with all my heart

Edited by Lign

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I thought you had something at the shotgun percentages, until you mentioned worsening the spread drastically, as for grenades? How about no, you also forget that the car nerf, nerfed multiple vehicles that had initially been buffed after they reworked the ALIG, while implying that frags are a problem because of it,  it was necessary for several of the vehicles (glares at Pio/espacio), but Frags aren't a problem and shouldn't be nerfed.  Low yields could i guess do more hard damage, but i wouldn't increase radius, maybe to 2.5 but not 3 if so.

OPGL you can hear and see half the time, the other half the time you can't. It depends on if you run a config and how your sound settings are. They already have a sound and I believe a trail(unless it got removed in some patch on accident), the problem i think is that the beep only happens maybe once a second? So if it's in range after it beeped it "sounds" like it came from nowhere because it moves so fast. They could just increase the speed of the beeping or something to help negate that issue. Maybe once every .5seconds, but it already has a sound que. I'd be fine with increasing the grenade model size, the amount of times i've died because it "fell through" the ground is insane. <- SERIOUSLY WTF 7 YEARS LATER STILL A THING

AAEPD was always able to kill people in like 1 hit at max range tho? And the literal WHOLE reason they don't kill in 1 shot with a rocket on vehicles, is because they have 2 rockets. That'd make AAEPD sooo broke by increasing hard damage that much, regardless of the radius change. The OSMAW ONLY does 1000HP damage with 1 shot in the mag, but you're suggesting Volcano gets 1100 per shot? With 2 shots in the mag???? If anything you could keep the HP damage reduction as is with smaller radius (the radius does feel a bit massive for 2 explosions almost a second apart) but the hard damage shouldn't be buffed.

1. Shotguns

The shotgun pellet hit requirement is always in the 80%s except for the extreme outlier of the JG at an alarming 66% with a 1.5m spread.

Comparability, 
Nfas sits at 83% with the same 1.5m spread while requiring 3 shots opposed to 2.
Regular showstopper at 88% with 1.25m spread, 3 shots vs 2 aswell.

If you check shotgun stats you can see the spreads vary wildly but the accuracy requirement remains in the 80%s
Like the CSG at 80% with a 0.85m spread.

Only possible way i can see to balance such discrepancy is to 
A) Positive Per Ray Damage Scale (First pellets deal less damage while damage increases per pellet until it reaches max damage with 100% accuracy) essentially forces a standardized accuracy requirement.

Or 

B) Shotgun spread is based around the accuracy percentages , AKA, the less accurate you have to be the more spread it has. (Again, changing JG from 1.5m -> 2.5 , was an exaggeration to show the possibilities)

2. Grenades 

Im not asking for a nerf to the frag per se, Im asking for the frag to be specialized in the Anti Player role it should be.

For instance, tweaking its hard damage from 500s -> 300

Still remains the Anti player grenade it is, but lets the Anti Vehicle Concussions shine out more in the current meta.
As it stands, with frags being extremely good at anti player, and able to 2 shot/disable all vehicles in the game. PLUS the ability to carry satchel charges, it made the frag the go-to grenade for every occasion.

3. Volcano

The volcano in its intended design did 1227 Vehicle damage until the questionable tweak it received  
Source : 

Keep in mind the volcano has a damage ramp up mechanic unlike the osmaw:
While the osmaw does its full damage from 0-144m
The volcano can only do that at 84-100m.

Again, the volcanos intended design was for anti vehicle capabilities hence why the need for a nerf to Anti Player and a Re-tweak to its hard damage.
Vehicle damage at 1100 would prevent 1 shoting the high tier vehicles while allowing it to be effective Anti Vehicle.