Sakebee

11/25 Patch Announcement

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 11/25/2020. The patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

This update continues our ongoing weapon changes as we dial in on weapon utility and identity. Though we are continuing to sand out some rough edges at the top end, this pass sprinkles in some love to popular but less relevant weapon lines by bringing their stats closer to our established baseline. As always, this is a gradual process. We won't address every gun that needs work in this update. If there are guns you feel still need a pass, please be sure to politely outline which weapons those are and why you feel that way on our forums.

PC CHANGES/FIXES

Weapon Balance

Percussion Grenade

The Percussion Grenade has received the following changes:

• Stamina damage has been reduced from 350 to 200
  • Explosion radius has been reduced slightly from 5.5 meters to 5 meters.
  • The radius in which the Percussion grenade deals its maximum damage has been reduced from 3 meters to 2 meters.

Percussion grenades had their radius reduced to encourage accurate throws over spamming them. Users now need to be more precise if they wish to do full damage. The stamina damage was also reduced to prevent combining the explosion with Stabba - PIG in order to achieve a near instant stun of the enemy player.

Stabba - PIG

The Stabba - PIG has received the following change:

• Stamina damage has been increased from 675 to 750.

Due to percussion grenades having their stamina damage reduced, the stamina damage of Stabba - PIG has been increased once again.

R-2 ‘Harbinger’

The R-2 ‘Harbinger’ has received the following changes:

• It will no longer drastically decrease your accuracy when switching to it.
  • The delay before bloom begins to recover has been reduced slightly going from 0.34 to 0.32 seconds.
  • Its Health damage has been increased from 250 to 280.
  • It has also had a slight reduction in it’s equip time going from 1.0 seconds to 0.8 seconds.

R-2 ‘Harbinger’ will no longer be very inaccurate when switching to it. The recovery delay has also been decreased slightly, allowing for a lower time to kill at max range. The damage was also buffed, which increases overall efficiency and makes missing shots less punishing. Finally, the equip time was also reduced, increasing the overall versatility.

Colby M-1922 (Tommy Gun)

The Colby M-1922 has received the following change:

• Overall recoil reduced by 50%.

The overall recoil of the Colby M-1922 was decreased, which will make it a more viable pick.

Colby PMG

The Colby PMG has received the following change:

• The PMG had its crouch modifier adjusted slightly going from 1.0 to 0.9 and making it so it once again gains a bit of accuracy when crouched.

The PMG will now become more accurate when the user is crouching, thereby creating a tradeoff between mobility and accuracy.

OCA / OCA-SD

The OCA and OCA-SD variants (Whisper not included) have received the following changes:

• The OCA and OCA-SD variants have had their crouch modifier adjusted, going from 0.8 to 0.95. This means that they will no longer gain as much accuracy when crouched.
  • The effective range has been adjusted. The dropoff now starts at 17.5 meters rather than 30.
  • The dropoff range has also been adjusted, now dealing its minimum damage after 7.5 meters rather than 20 meters. This means these weapons will now deal their minimum damage of 37 damage per shot at 25 meters rather than 50 meters.

Standing in contrast to the PMG, OCA variants are now slightly less accurate when crouching. Combined with their damage drop-off being shortened, so that it now starts dropping off at 17.5 meters, this makes them more appropriate for mobile gunfights.

N-HVR 243 (Scout)

The Scout has received the following changes:

• Its health damage has been reduced slightly down from 600 to 575.
  • Its equip time has also been made faster to compensate now sitting at 0.7 seconds rather than 0.8 seconds.

N-HVR 243 had its damage decreased from 600 to 575. This won’t dramatically change the weapon, but will punish the user slightly more for delaying between shots. Hitting the first shot, missing the 2nd, but hitting the 3rd will still result in a kill - but with slightly less room for error. This means accuracy when firing will be paramount. Since damage was reduced slightly, we've given it a faster equip time so you can begin firing that much sooner.

N-HVR 762 (HVR)

The N-HVR 762 has received the following change:

• Its health damage has been reduced slightly down from 800 to 770.

We’ve decreased the damage of N-HVR 762 (HVR) to 770 in order to cut back on the number of 1-shot combinations with secondary weapons.

AR-97 ‘Misery’

The AR-97 ‘Misery’ has received the following changes:

• Its jump modifier has been adjusted slightly so it’s in line with other assault rifles, now sitting at 11 rather than 8.
  • The misery had its overall recoil reduced by 40%.

We’ve decreased the overall recoil of the AR-97 ‘Misery’ significantly, but also decreased its jumping accuracy in order to balance out the changes.

Colby RSA

The Colby RSA has received the following changes:

• Its walk modifier has been adjusted from 1.75 to 1.5, meaning that it’ll now lose less accuracy when moving while aiming downsights.
  • Its Fire Interval has been made faster. It now sits at 0.88 down from 0.9, making it a 1.76 TTK Revolver.
  • Its equip time is now 0.9 seconds down from 1.0 seconds.

Colby RSA is now more accurate when moving while aiming down sights. This should make the gun feel less clunky to use. It is also now capable of shooting faster, and the equip time has been lowered to bring it in line with the ACT 44.

Scoped N-TEC 5

The Scoped N-TEC 5 has received the following changes:

• Its maximum bloom has been reduced significantly down to 1.55 from 2.1.
  • Its crouch modifier has been changed from 0.9 to 0.8 making it more accurate while crouched.
  • Lastly, the Scoped N-TEC had its Effective Range increased by 5 meters, now sitting at 55 meters rather than 50.

We’ve increased the viability of the Scoped variety of the N-TEC by increasing the accuracy of its full-automatic spray. We’ve also slightly increased its effective range and made it more accurate while crouched to give it a distinct feel from its non-scoped brethren.

Other

We also wanted to call attention to a small addition to the text regarding name changes on ARMAS. We now clarify that the name change option is not designed for capitalization changes. If you would like to make such a change, you will need to purchase 2 separate name changes and completely log out of the game in between each name change. 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Why do you keep making changes that are not needed and then if you make needed changes, they're "extreme"...

Edited by Xue
  • Like 7

I am glad to see that you are making further changes, I actually like them. I don't understand, the Scoped N-TEC 5, it didn't have to be the N-TEC 5 with the Hunting Sight? I checked the database and these guns were the same.

2 minutes ago, Abdy619 said:

I am glad to see that you are making further changes, I actually like them. I don't understand, the Scoped N-TEC 5, it didn't have to be the N-TEC 5 with the Hunting Sight? I checked the database and these guns were the same.

The Scoped N-tec is quite similar to the N-tec 5 stat wise but plays quite different due to the Scoped N-tec losing most of its accuracy when moving, even in marksmanship mode.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abdy619 said:

3 minutes ago, Frosi said:

The Scoped N-tec is quite similar to the N-tec 5 stat wise but plays quite different due to the Scoped N-tec losing most of its accuracy when moving, even in marksmanship mode.

They are visually distinct, as well; the Scoped N-TEC has a scope on it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Other

We also wanted to call attention to a small addition to the text regarding name changes on ARMAS. We now clarify that the name change option is not designed for capitalization changes. If you would like to make such a change, you will need to purchase 2 separate name changes and completely log out of the game in between each name change. 

Why? Not that this is something that I'd do, but I would have assumed this would have been possible by submitting a support ticket, or already be allowed through purchasing one name change...odd system.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

Why? Not that this is something that I'd do, but I would have assumed this would have been possible by submitting a support ticket, or already be allowed through purchasing one name change...odd system.

Essentially it has to do with how the database is set up. There is no easy way to do a capitalization change without messing things up on the backend. I would need to confirm with our engineers, but it is likely that name "a" and "A" are treated similarly in the database (though represent differently visually to the end user). Thus, if you want to change from "a" to "A," the sequence necessary is "a" -> "B" (placeholder name) -> "A" (hence the updated instructions in ARMAS). 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Leenko said:

tommygun!!!!!

Hey loser 🙂 also love the tommy gun change

qXOaWlQ.png

Edited by Gateron
  • Like 1

Thanks for making Harbinger, Tommy and Misery decent guns.

Thanks for nerfing Scout and OCA.

Thanks for RSA, PIG, Percs and Scoped N-TEC. 

No thanks for heavy HVR... it suffered enough at this point, why you hate it that much?

Also, still waiting for non-meta to be buffed. How many time you guys need for it? Week? Month? Year? Half of ARMAS is still useless.

Edited by Nagletz

These are good changes. Too bad I won't get to appreciate them because the game is littered with russian cheaters since you decided that a proper anticheat is not needed.

• Like 3

do I get to use my harbinger more now? 😩

Really good and interesting changes that I really want to try.

2 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Percussion Grenade

The Percussion Grenade has received the following changes:

• Stamina damage has been reduced from 350 to 200
  • Explosion radius has been reduced slightly from 5.5 meters to 5 meters.
  • The radius in which the Percussion grenade deals its maximum damage has been reduced from 3 meters to 2 meters.

Percussion grenades had their radius reduced to encourage accurate throws over spamming them. Users now need to be more precise if they wish to do full damage. The stamina damage was also reduced to prevent combining the explosion with Stabba - PIG in order to achieve a near instant stun of the enemy player.

3 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Stabba - PIG

The Stabba - PIG has received the following change:

• Stamina damage has been increased from 675 to 750.

Due to percussion grenades having their stamina damage reduced, the stamina damage of Stabba - PIG has been increased once again.

seems fine

imo percs didnt really need a change other than stamina damage, could have saved everyone some trouble if you had just done these changes in the first place as many suggested

R-2 ‘Harbinger’

The R-2 ‘Harbinger’ has received the following changes:

• It will no longer drastically decrease your accuracy when switching to it.
  • The delay before bloom begins to recover has been reduced slightly going from 0.34 to 0.32 seconds.
  • Its Health damage has been increased from 250 to 280.
  • It has also had a slight reduction in it’s equip time going from 1.0 seconds to 0.8 seconds.

R-2 ‘Harbinger’ will no longer be very inaccurate when switching to it. The recovery delay has also been decreased slightly, allowing for a lower time to kill at max range. The damage was also buffed, which increases overall efficiency and makes missing shots less punishing. Finally, the equip time was also reduced, increasing the overall versatility.

Colby RSA

The Colby RSA has received the following changes:

• Its walk modifier has been adjusted from 1.75 to 1.5, meaning that it’ll now lose less accuracy when moving while aiming downsights.
  • Its Fire Interval has been made faster. It now sits at 0.88 down from 0.9, making it a 1.76 TTK Revolver.
  • Its equip time is now 0.9 seconds down from 1.0 seconds.

Colby RSA is now more accurate when moving while aiming down sights. This should make the gun feel less clunky to use. It is also now capable of shooting faster, and the equip time has been lowered to bring it in line with the ACT 44.

better, still not entirely sure there's ever going to be good balance among the 3 long range secondaries but at least there's an attempt i guess

Colby M-1922 (Tommy Gun)

The Colby M-1922 has received the following change:

• Overall recoil reduced by 50%.

The overall recoil of the Colby M-1922 was decreased, which will make it a more viable pick.

i'd have preferred just nuking the recoil curve system on the tommy gun (and others) altogether, hopefully this is a temp change until those systems can be looked at

Colby PMG

The Colby PMG has received the following change:

• The PMG had its crouch modifier adjusted slightly going from 1.0 to 0.9 and making it so it once again gains a bit of accuracy when crouched.

The PMG will now become more accurate when the user is crouching, thereby creating a tradeoff between mobility and accuracy.

OCA / OCA-SD

The OCA and OCA-SD variants (Whisper not included) have received the following changes:

• The OCA and OCA-SD variants have had their crouch modifier adjusted, going from 0.8 to 0.95. This means that they will no longer gain as much accuracy when crouched.
  • The effective range has been adjusted. The dropoff now starts at 17.5 meters rather than 30.
  • The dropoff range has also been adjusted, now dealing its minimum damage after 7.5 meters rather than 20 meters. This means these weapons will now deal their minimum damage of 37 damage per shot at 25 meters rather than 50 meters.

Standing in contrast to the PMG, OCA variants are now slightly less accurate when crouching. Combined with their damage drop-off being shortened, so that it now starts dropping off at 17.5 meters, this makes them more appropriate for mobile gunfights.

way too much unnecessary tweaking, just knock the oca back to before the last buff, but keep the standardized ranges and the accuracy differences between normal/sd/whisper

N-HVR 243 (Scout)

The Scout has received the following changes:

• Its health damage has been reduced slightly down from 600 to 575.
  • Its equip time has also been made faster to compensate now sitting at 0.7 seconds rather than 0.8 seconds.

N-HVR 243 had its damage decreased from 600 to 575. This won’t dramatically change the weapon, but will punish the user slightly more for delaying between shots. Hitting the first shot, missing the 2nd, but hitting the 3rd will still result in a kill - but with slightly less room for error. This means accuracy when firing will be paramount. Since damage was reduced slightly, we've given it a faster equip time so you can begin firing that much sooner.

again with the unnecessary tweaks, just revert the scout back to its 550 damage stats where it was fantastically balanced

N-HVR 762 (HVR)

The N-HVR 762 has received the following change:

• Its health damage has been reduced slightly down from 800 to 770.

We’ve decreased the damage of N-HVR 762 (HVR) to 770 in order to cut back on the number of 1-shot combinations with secondary weapons.

might as well go all the way - lower damage to 750 and remove the garbage accuracy-based-damage mechanic

AR-97 ‘Misery’

The AR-97 ‘Misery’ has received the following changes:

• Its jump modifier has been adjusted slightly so it’s in line with other assault rifles, now sitting at 11 rather than 8.
  • The misery had its overall recoil reduced by 40%.

We’ve decreased the overall recoil of the AR-97 ‘Misery’ significantly, but also decreased its jumping accuracy in order to balance out the changes.

perhaps in combo with a ttk reduction or a range increase the jump modifier and recoil (on the misery, lmao) changes would be nice, but on their own it just feels like the gun has been abandoned halfway through testing

i very much enjoy this gun despite its flaws and its pretty disappointing to see basically nothing done with it so far

Scoped N-TEC 5

The Scoped N-TEC 5 has received the following changes:

• Its maximum bloom has been reduced significantly down to 1.55 from 2.1.
  • Its crouch modifier has been changed from 0.9 to 0.8 making it more accurate while crouched.
  • Lastly, the Scoped N-TEC had its Effective Range increased by 5 meters, now sitting at 55 meters rather than 50.

We’ve increased the viability of the Scoped variety of the N-TEC by increasing the accuracy of its full-automatic spray. We’ve also slightly increased its effective range and made it more accurate while crouched to give it a distinct feel from its non-scoped brethren.

finally some changes i can get behind, altho it makes it even more frustrating that the misery can't get a range buff but its fine here

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This patch is mostly in the right direction! I am happy to see that changes to weapons are happening immediately after the 4th beta test. Let us keep the momentum flowing.

I will voice my suggestions then end up with some concerns.

» » » LTL SUGGESTIONS « « «

As someone who plays with Less-Than-Lethals 97% of the time, I am very much pleased to see the PIG-perc combo effectively and practically gone. It was too comical for this game's good & was definitely NOT the way to go. I'm glad Percussion Grenades received the mentioned stamina-nerf.

» Gameplay «

1 » Reduce arrested-Criminals respawn time by 40%.

This is key as added respawn-time is a major detriment to Criminals and Enforcers alike. Keeping Criminals out of the game for longer affects the flow of the game. Without this tweak, there will be less action, less fair-score for Enforcers (as re-arresting freed criminals currently doesn't count to prevent farming roles) and Criminals should actually EARN the "Savior" role by acting more promptly.

» Weapons «

LTL weapons are currently situated in such a way that gives them impressive range but slow performance in every aspect there is. Enforcers don't really arrest at 50 meters and G1 did quite the feat at destroying LTL weapons (as well as many other things about the game). The suggestions below will make LTLs less of a death-sentence while having them stay weaker than lethal weapons.

CCG & NL9

1 » CCG

Fire Interval: 0.15s → 0.125s (time to stun: 1.05s → 0.875s)

Equip time: 1s → 0.8s

Dropoff Range: 50m → 30m [since pre-slotted CCG-variants such as "Zeus" make it decently reliable at far ranges with no downside other than Reload Time]

2 » NL9

Stamina Damage: 400 → 300 (3 shots to stun → 4 shots to stun)

Fire Interval: 0.78s → 0.35s (time to stun: 1.56s → 1.05s) [While we are at it, buff the 'Corsair's' fire interval as well: 0.6s → 0.5s (time to kill 1.2s → 1s)]

Range: 50m → 35m

This will make CCG & NL9 slower than the OSCAR and other lethal weapons at this range, but give them a fighting chance without the unquestionably-needed reliance on hugging walls/cover. It will also make the NL9 a bit more fun to use, less corner-cheeky and not abusive at a comically staggering 50 meters.

3 » TG-8

Equip Time: 0.6s → 0.45s

Remove its Dog-Ear like spread

4 » PIG

With the PIG not being as powerful as it was before, there is no need for it to have this absurdly-long reload time. It gives Colby .45 two shots to miss and still win. Reduce that gap to 1 bullet to emphasize on actual player performance.

Reload Time: 1.25s → 1s

» » » Lethal Weapon Suggestions « « «

» STAR & FAR «

STAR deserves some love & is in fact the first weapon a new player would use when they play this game. We wouldn't want new Players to be welcomed and have them 'feel' that their weapon is slow.

Fire Interval: 0.15s → 0.145s (time to kill: 0.75s → 0.725s)

Recovery Per Second: 4 → 4.5 [Perform the same change to the FAR]

» Other weapons «

Buff non-meta weapons in general

» » » Concerns « « «

1 » Percussion Grenades

Thankfully, while the stamina-aspect of Percussion Grenades was reduced, through quick-switching it is possible to throw both grenades (or all 3 with some grenade types) all at once almost instantly. This still leaves the issue of the other part of Percussion Grenades, Health damage. Percussion Grenades are still ridiculously-dangerous with combinations such as perc+shotguns, perc+ACES, etc and that's from just one grenade.

Health Damage: 400 → 250

While this preserves say perc+JG, it will either require max-damage accuracy or the usage of both Percussions to work as it is currently still rather lenient even with the max radius going down from 3 meters to 2.

2 » Med Spray

This is not exactly a weapon, but its latest change buffed its regeneration potency by 200%, making it super effective even with Clotting Agent 3 which is questionable on its own. That change made it a comical panic button against Snipers on open roads. It increases Scout's time to kill up to a minimum of 3.5 seconds, which is enough to render it useless every 45 seconds. Med Spray is currently too potent. Please consider reverting its regeneration speed back to 100% and have it only trigger health regeneration upon activation.

• Like 1

I'm a little bit concerned about new Scoped NTEC, isn't it going to be op?... I mean, read changes again, it overpowers average NTEC in many ways. Well, time will tell...

Edited by Nagletz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

I'm a little bit concerned about new Scoped NTEC, isn't it going to be op?...

As I remember, ursus is also classified into scoped ntec, so it will have 55m range, rip Obeya CR762

16 minutes ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

As I remember, ursus is also classified into scoped ntec, so it will have 55m range, rip Obeya CR762

the ursus is a separate weapon

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

No, Obeya is still op...

Btw apbdb is not a reliable source of information (take Coroner as example). Guns' stats with certain numbers have to be implemented right in the game, in the inventory. It would help to new players and veterans too. And don't forget about ARMAS, some stats here wasn't changed for years, shameful, isn't it? (Saying it again: Pls rework ARMAS, for the love of God!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

Btw apbdb is not a reliable source of information (take Coroner as example).

apbdb gets its stats directly from the devs afaik, dont see anything wrong with the coroner stats either

Are the servers down already?  I can login but cannot retrieve my characters... shows 0hours on all of them... : /

7 hours ago, Sakebee said:

you will need to purchase 2 separate name changes

bro what?

just let us make tickets and have capitalization changed for free, not double LMAO

• Like 2