BlackMech

The biggest thing in the way of this game...

I could go off on many things here that are problems with the game, poor weapon balancing, terrible matchmaking system, low pop, weak tutorial, etc. but the biggest thing that will stop this game from growing is the community. Rampant dethreaters, rerolls, and blatant cheaters giving 0 opportunity for a person to learn the map/missions will guarantee this games slow death. Even people on your own faction are not supportive, asking for help in district is just asking for someone to tell you you're a shitter/scrub with very little constructive feedback ever happening. Unless they do a serious overhaul of the tutorial and starting out, this game will not grow because of the COMMUNITY and the new engine update will be DOA. This game could be great but in it's current state 2/10, glad to uninstall.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

APB Contacts Guide, APB Beginners Guide, can be very helpful. 

The Community will help you, but We are so used to 'Rerolls' coming in and acting like they are new, and asking Elementary questions, that you may be thought of as a Troll. 

That said. There are plenty of us that will give you a straight answer. Biggest thing you need is a sort of muscle memory of the map. And the knowledge that your opponent knows all the back ladders and doorways. When he kills you, you need to go back n find that ladder or door and learn from the patootie-kicking. 

I agree the MM can be Bad. I used to cry all day about the Golds or in your case it may be Max or high ranks, Learn from them. Learn how to do what they did to you.

Be Glad to answer any questions in district. 

Mack

8 hours ago, BlackMech said:

this game will not grow because of the COMMUNITY

Here we go again..thats the biggest problem.Tell me one shooter with "nice" community pls..just one..

• Like 2

Obvious trolls aside I wouldn't say the community of Apb is much worse than any other PvP only shooter, for as many toxic people there are helpful people. Dethreaters, cheaters and bad new player experience are different topics than whether the community is cartoonishly maniacal entity or not, the new player experience does indeed need to improve a lot, and there is a ton to discuss regarding it, but getting everyone to "be nice" 100% of the time to improve a very minor part of the newbie experience isn't going to happen unfortunately

people have been trying to anticipate when apb is going to die for quite some time now. and it's still trotting along. 

Toxic pop, im with you on that one.

A tutorial doesnt help. Some learn in a few months others in 1 or 2 years. Some have been playing for years and still hackusate anything that moves. The game is set in its own way and is unfriendly to new players.

I honestly dont mind losing & i dont mind if my teammate doesnt know what to do (i would even consider grouping with new players) as long as i dont get any disrespectful comments.

The community was nothing less toxic when the players base had the thriving and constant growth, nor it had less de-threaters, re-rolls (what's wrong with making a new character, anyway?) or cheaters (sincerely, are there any blatant cheaters left?). I do no think the community is the main issue here. 

• Like 2

At this point we should just shut up and let LO release the engine update as scheduled before ranting on about various issues with the game's old code right now.

Once the new engine rolls outz they should have a much easier time adding new constant events, new matchmaking , more things different to do in the game ect.

Remember in grade school the whole, treat others how you want to be treated? Yea we should try that sometime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, MACKxBOLAN said:

APB Contacts Guide, APB Beginners Guide, can be very helpful. 

The Community will help you, but We are so used to 'Rerolls' coming in and acting like they are new, and asking Elementary questions, that you may be thought of as a Troll. 

That said. There are plenty of us that will give you a straight answer. Biggest thing you need is a sort of muscle memory of the map. And the knowledge that your opponent knows all the back ladders and doorways. When he kills you, you need to go back n find that ladder or door and learn from the patootie-kicking. 

I agree the MM can be Bad. I used to cry all day about the Golds or in your case it may be Max or high ranks, Learn from them. Learn how to do what they did to you.

Be Glad to answer any questions in district. 

Mack

You can EASILY tell the difference between a reroll and a true newbie. Yes 99.99% of low lvl chars are rerolls but that doesnt make it ok to treat a real newbie bad

On 11/23/2020 at 11:02 AM, TheMessiah said:

Here we go again..thats the biggest problem.Tell me one shooter with "nice" community pls..just one..

You sound like your trying to make an excuse as to why this behavior is ok

On 11/23/2020 at 7:06 PM, ArtDeco said:

At this point we should just shut up and let LO release the engine update as scheduled before ranting on about various issues with the game's old code right now.

Once the new engine rolls outz they should have a much easier time adding new constant events, new matchmaking , more things different to do in the game ect.

Thats not going to save the game. Look at the pop Jericho struggles for 100 players now and LO should have corrected problems that could have been addressed in the old engine 2 yrs ago when we could get 250-300 players during peak hrs. If LO had fixed threat, matchmaking, enforced the TOS and policed the community to behave better maby we would still have most those players. If the community saw the light and behaved better maby wed be better off as well but hey, watch the flaming commence as to how im wrong and all of this is ok.

• Thanks 1

You haven’t experienced the glory days of a toxic community when “Ray Taylor” was still active.

The old "people are stupid" approach. Solves nothing.
You can never blame these things on "the community". It's such an indecisive broad statement which you can't change anyway. You can't change "the community". Imagine the dev going "we've concluded that you guys, the community is the problem, so you're just gonna have to behave now mkay?". It's like saying the problem with the world is the people. What else would it be? People are behind everything. You have to always use systems to manage what the game community can do in the game. So in that regard the problem is always those systems, procedures etc in which "the community" are acting. Like anti-cheat, mission balance, weapon balance, matchmaking system, re-rolling ability, de-threat ability (matchmaking-related) etc. Those are problems the dev can actually solve. Most/many game communities are pretty toxic. The APB community is nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary.

Edited by Cr0

16 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:
On 11/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, TheMessiah said:

You sound like your trying to make an excuse as to why this behavior is ok

I dont say is ok/making excuses.The facts are:This game is in top 3 of te biggest gaming failures of all time.The game dont have serious new content for years(not just contacts but new maps etc -thats just dreams)the game lags/stuters,the matchmaking is broken and in this game u cant do anything else besides playn vs another players.

All this years the game exists because theres players still in game o dou population decrease a lot past years.Even this 500 players are many if u have all this in mind.So pls enough with the biggest problem are the playerbase.The players gave extra 5 years of life to this game..

Am I the only one who doesn't need a tutorial to learn the game? i don't think that existed back then.

Those who started APB this year probably would have a 80% chance of quitting/uninstalling, due to the current state of the game and low population of NA.

I don't know if there's even a community or a clan to even help you things like this you suppose to learn and improve yourself at your own pace and find friends in game, that's the apb experience while progressing.

there's literally no hope the engine update seems like a disappointment and its not going to bring hype to the game. 6 years for this??? all hope is lost.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadliest said:

Am I the only one who doesn't need a tutorial to learn the game? i don't think that existed back then.

Those who started APB this year probably would have a 80% chance of quitting/uninstalling, due to the current state of the game and low population of NA.

I don't know if there's even a community or a clan to even help you things like this you suppose to learn and improve yourself at your own pace and find friends in game, that's the apb experience while progressing.

there's literally no hope the engine update seems like a disappointment and its not going to bring hype to the game. 

You have to remember how much gaming has changed in the past decade. People need so much handholding now.

On 11/27/2020 at 5:32 PM, Cr0 said:

Most/many game communities are pretty toxic. The APB community is nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary.

Sums up pretty much how I think/experienced most gaming communities, some other games are just larger so the issue like toxicity is much smaller.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2020 at 12:23 PM, TheMessiah said:

I dont say is ok/making excuses.The facts are:This game is in top 3 of te biggest gaming failures of all time.The game dont have serious new content for years(not just contacts but new maps etc -thats just dreams)the game lags/stuters,the matchmaking is broken and in this game u cant do anything else besides playn vs another players.

All this years the game exists because theres players still in game o dou population decrease a lot past years.Even this 500 players are many if u have all this in mind.So pls enough with the biggest problem are the playerbase.The players gave extra 5 years of life to this game..

Thank you capt obv, like I havent seen all of this since I started playing in 2011. All of this does nothing as to what you said. If the players treated others better in 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 regardless of the lack of content we would have more ppl playing now then we currently do. The fact of the matter is that the playerbase has been a big downfall of this game for a very long time and all this time everyone says its fine theres nothing wrong with how ppl act in APB. Your statement clearly says that this behavior is fine because its done elsewhere. Its not ok there and its not ok here, just here it has a bigger effect cause the playerbase is so much smaller.

On 11/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, BlackMech said:

I could go off on many things here that are problems with the game, poor weapon balancing, terrible matchmaking system, low pop, weak tutorial, etc. but the biggest thing that will stop this game from growing is the community. Rampant dethreaters, rerolls, and blatant cheaters giving 0 opportunity for a person to learn the map/missions will guarantee this games slow death. Even people on your own faction are not supportive, asking for help in district is just asking for someone to tell you you're a shitter/scrub with very little constructive feedback ever happening. Unless they do a serious overhaul of the tutorial and starting out, this game will not grow because of the COMMUNITY and the new engine update will be DOA. This game could be great but in it's current state 2/10, glad to uninstall.

i m sorry that you are frustrated with the problems that we all face most off us already quited or just play th game til it dies. i can understand peopel who detreath. those who want to be cocky about there silver treath against bronzies is there decision. also i am sorry that you had to go trough the experience of not learning the game with the peopel that are kind to you. we are stil with only a few who can be kind and helpfull. but pretty sure 80% of the playerbase falls in the category that u discribed. hope u enjoy other games in the meantime. 

More than 250 players submitted feedback and logs.

community is so bad that only 250 players from 500 in total did that..(about last beta)

Edited by TheMessiah

26 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

community is so bad that only 250 players from 500 in total did that..(about last beta)

It's not bad.

A 50% conversion of a non-required action with no offered reward is a really high conversion!

5 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

It's not bad.

A 50% conversion of a non-required action with no offered reward is a really high conversion!

Who knows, maybe someone's potato pc specs help APB's performance get better. 🙂

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

What.

50% is kind of insanely high for that.

I think as of right now the bronze districts are more healthy than the one remaining silver district. While dethreaters and cheaters are probably the biggest legit issue, they are not the biggest realistic thing that is holding the game back right now. Im pretty sure the stomping situation is a hell of alot worse in the silver district than it is in the bronze district right now, since it is filled with all the top tier players with no where for every other gold player to go. The population feels like an hourglass shape now, not alot of players in the mid gold area.

Though its pretty natural as a game gets older that the most hardcore player base becomes the most sizeable.