Resine

Please turn off crosshair color

I would say that triggers are a plague in this game right now, the anti cheat is junk shit, maybe people don't write complex cheat to dead game, but it takes 5 minutes to google 10 lines of code and BOOM you have yourself never missing sniper or whatever you are using, and since we not have and won't be having working anticheat it seems like a valid option now.

Β 

What good comes from dynamic crosshair anyway? Pixel shooting under cars and near the walls? I would argue that it just unfair as it benefits certain pin point weapons over other CQC weapons in this field?

Honestly for me either is fine, if there is a dynamic color crosshair or there is not, but of the sake of cheating in this game, I would opt to remove it.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Resine said:

Pixel shooting under cars and near the walls? I would argue that it just unfair as it benefits certain pin point weapons over other CQC weapons in this field?

but isn't that the point of having weapons that have strength and weaknesses?

the weapon roles marksman and pointman are named so for a reason i think.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

Β 

I could live with it, at least there would be no more magic people that hit you everytime when you do peak a boo.

we can get rid of red crosshairs as soon as we get hitboxes that conform to the character model betterΒ 

• Like 1

This would literally solve basic hitscan cheats + i’ve gotten kills when my crosshair isn't red so it’s not like its reliable anyway.

how about no. I have an awful timeΒ trying to figure outΒ the cornerΒ someΒ playerΒ is hitting me from when thereΒ character model and nametag aren't even visible only thing that allows me to fightback is the crosshair indicator.Β 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

provided that the weapons stuck to there class. in this game you can use a smg as a rifle and a LMG as a multi class tool that works for everything and a sniper for cqc and long range there really isnt a class name per say expect role leveling

1 hour ago, cowhorseman said:

provided that the weapons stuck to there class. in this game you can use a smg as a rifle and a LMG as a multi class tool that works for everything and a sniper for cqc and long range there really isnt a class name per say expect role leveling

i used to think damage dropoff was dumb because it makes the game feel "smaller", and it still feels that way. but it definitely put weapons into their niche.

you gotta keep in mind that a good player with a weapon "outside of it's niche" would still win over a meh player with a gun playing in it's proper role. that's just how the game is, but i don't think it'd be a good idea to make weapons completely useless outside of x, because it would increase the feeling of how garbage a weapon feels in this games odd hitboxes, hitreg and rng.

Make the crosshair in the colors of the rainbow!🌈

We need the colored crosshair because:

A) All hitboxes have the same size, while you can make your character smaller/shorter than the hitbox.

B) In some situations you can not see the name tag and you need to know if it's an enemy.

Β 

Edited by Cr0
typo

1 hour ago, Cr0 said:

We need the colored crosshair because:

A) All hitboxes have the same size, while you can make your character smaller/shorter than the hitbox.

B) In some situations you can not see the name tag and you need to know if it's an enemy.

Β 

This.

Β 

You (OP) also seem to be misunderstanding, we do have an anticheat. It is enabled. And some cheats may certainly get around it, but it filters out most public and open cheats, which is what you seem to be implying with "five minutes of google searching".

Β 

Also, inb4
"bring us headshots for players with more skillz"

Edited by Sergsininia
clarifying subjects of the post.

5 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

i used to think damage dropoff was dumb because it makes the game feel "smaller", and it still feels that way. but it definitely put weapons into their niche.

you gotta keep in mind that a good player with a weapon "outside of it's niche" would still win over a meh player with a gun playing in it's proper role. that's just how the game is, but i don't think it'd be a good idea to make weapons completely useless outside of x, because it would increase the feeling of how garbage a weapon feels in this games odd hitboxes, hitreg and rng.

and i on the other end think it would help becuase i get really sick of fighting the one guy with a scout who quick snipes me each match no matter what gun i use or what i do, and feel like making it not possable to cqc with a sniper would help balance the game outΒ 

19 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

and i on the other end think it would help becuase i get really sick of fighting the one guy with a scout who quick snipes me each match no matter what gun i use or what i do, and feel like making it not possable to cqc with a sniper would help balance the game outΒ 

its never going to be impossible unless LO straight up delete high burst damage weapons or introduce more goofy unique mechanics like the scout doing no/reduced damage under 50m

Β 

i dont think being able to push a weapon beyond its intended niche is a bad thing, for gameplay or balance, as long as the further a weapon is pushed the higher the risk becomes - i think the 550 damage scout was a fantastic example of a gun that could do a whole lot in the right hands, but with proportional risks (bolt timer, rof, ca3 regen counter) that heavily punished mistakes

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

amen

My favorite is when firing on the red misses and you have to aim off them with a white reticule to hit them.

1 hour ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

i dont think being able to push a weapon beyond its intended niche is a bad thing, for gameplay or balance, as long as the further a weapon is pushed the higher the risk becomes - i think the 550 damage scout was a fantastic example of a gun that could do a whole lot in the right hands, but with proportional risks (bolt timer, rof, ca3 regen counter) that heavily punished mistakes

and the constant reminder that people who have spent an absurd amount of time, like top 1%, have incredible game sense at this point. it's muscle memory. they make it look easy because it is easy, for them.

Β 

i know there are various gunfight scenarios that can happen in this game, but if you're using an smg and a guy with a scout is beating you, i think that says more about the player than the scout.

LO just needs to invent/discover a brand new colour and use that instead.

Just now, owzzy said:

LO just needs to invent/discover a brand new colour and use that instead.

man easier said than done

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

man easier said than done

LO have taken on bigger challenges (Like performing an engine upgrade for APB)

• Like 1

i mean im not trying to defend cheaters or anything.

But in my opinion, if anticheat measures starts to affect everyday players, it's not the right way to do.

Β 

Though, im saying that, but BE closes random processes for a lot of people... so maybe we're past that.

11 hours ago, Bambola said:

Make the crosshair in the colors of the rainbow!🌈

It’s still not a problem. You can make a triggerbot that will shoot whenever it detects something that’s not white