Sakebee

Fourth Open Beta this Weekend

Hey everyone,

We have our fourth Open Beta test the weekend of the 21st! This build includes several fixes to issues you helped us uncover in the last test, like characters baking incorrectly, game crashing on clan invite, and assorted audio problems. We’ve also put in a bunch of new data collection technology and will be running both a stress test and a longer Beta window this weekend to help investigate the latency and performance issues some players have reported. Check out our website for full details, and we hope to see you there!

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

For everyone wanting to play, run the launcher and get the latest updates now so you don't have to download everything on the weekend when everyone else is trying to download it.

15 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

For everyone wanting to play, run the launcher and get the latest updates now so you don't have to download everything on the weekend when everyone else is trying to download it.

They've stated in the past that while you can update this early, the build we play on isn't finalized until work day ends on Friday. For those with limited bandwidth, updating now would be a mistake.

EDIT:

4 hours ago, Sakebee said:

That was the case for previous tests where we called that out. For this test, the client we have up now should be the client for the weekend. It is a good idea to update early if your connection is limited or slow and you want to make sure you can join on time.

Clarification provided otherwise.

Edited by Hexerin

2 hours ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

Do I have to download the new beta client if I have the last beta client installed already?

Should be able to just update it, though it might be slow

are ghostshots going to be fixed this time?

I was told "ghostshots are going to be fixed with the new engine" but there are still ghostshots.

what about 4:3 resolutions?

Edited by Uhtdred

13 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

are ghostshots going to be fixed this time?

I was told "ghostshots are going to be fixed with the new engine" but there are still ghostshots.

what about 4:3 resolutions?

ghostshots are caused by the tick rate of the server iirc, there'd probably be some kind of improvement the better the game runs but in the end 30fps is 30fps

1 minute ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

ghostshots are caused by the tick rate of the server iirc, there'd probably be some kind of improvement the better the game runs but in the end 30fps is 30fps

does that mean Hoplon (former Brazil server) had more than 30 fps? I had no ghostshots there.

1 minute ago, Uhtdred said:

does that mean Hoplon (former Brazil server) had more than 30 fps? I had no ghostshots there.

i doubt hoplon had better servers, but i guess its possible

Just now, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

i doubt hoplon had better servers, but i guess its possible

I had 50ms in Hoplon and here I have 150+ms, which means ghostshots is latency related. I can't believe we're in 2020 and it isn't fixed..

I would expect a bad reg (like in most games) with a high latency, but I don't have "ghostshots" in other games I play with high latency.

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

And who told you that? I don't remember seeing that, at least not off the top of my head

4 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

I had 50ms in Hoplon and here I have 150+ms, which means ghostshots is latency related. I can't believe we're in 2020 and it isn't fixed..

I would expect a bad reg (like in most games) with a high latency, but I don't have "ghostshots" in other games I play with high latency.

404 internet basics not found

5 hours ago, Kevkof said:
7 hours ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

Do I have to download the new beta client if I have the last beta client installed already?

Should be able to just update it, though it might be slow

wtf i still have installed the beta from last time not gonna have to desinstall and install again right?just update the launcher..

4 hours ago, Kevkof said:

And who told you that? I don't remember seeing that, at least not off the top of my head

I asked one GM in game and he told me ghostshots weren't going to happen in new engine.

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

They've stated in the past that while you can update this early, the build we play on isn't finalized until work day ends on Friday. For those with limited bandwidth, updating now would be a mistake.

That was the case for previous tests where we called that out. For this test, the client we have up now should be the client for the weekend. It is a good idea to update early if your connection is limited or slow and you want to make sure you can join on time.

• Thanks 1

What about extending the test to 4 hours on saturday and after 2 hours on financial-close it and switch to waterfront so we stress test both.Or is too much..

Edited by TheMessiah

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

What about extending the test to 4 hours on saturday and after 2 hours on financial-close it and switch to waterfront so we stress test both.Or is too much..

The test is currently set up to best gather the information our team needs to chase down our remaining issues. The benefit of financial for a stress test is that this district puts some of the largest demands on our client. Having as many players in that zone at the same time should help us pinpoint where some players are having performance issues.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

The test is currently set up to best gather the information our team needs to chase down our remaining issues. The benefit of financial for a stress test is that this district puts some of the largest demands on our client. Having as many players in that zone at the same time should help us pinpoint where some players are having performance issues.

ok got it ty

When does the stresstest start?

The webpage says 11 pm PT. But when I click that the new page says 11 am PT?

7 minutes ago, Gothina said:

When does the stresstest start?

The webpage says 11 pm PT. But when I click that the new page says 11 am PT?

As indicated by the timezone conversion link used in the blog, that would be 11 am PT to 2 pm PT.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=APB+Engine+Upgrade+Stress+Test&iso=20201121T11&p1=137&ah=3

~@mayii

• Like 1