Delete884943468320878423

Another unique feature of this game is over.

The kill themes are officially terminated as all have them off by default.

Thanx yellow community for contributing once again at destroying further the unique features this game was known for, too bad you are the only ones enjoying your little big "upgrades", a bunch of self centered rotten apples that think they know everything, the source of a good toxicity example that LO seems to praise for some reason.

I can only imagine the theme market which was one of the most successful business in this game is going down now, and the few creators left will just have to join the departing caravan.

Good luck on successfully bringing this game down more efficiently with the next downgrade ideas, i'm looking forward to a more hollow experience.

PS: i can't reply because mod's are hunting me down, i'll just let this here so you can choke on your sarcasms, there isn't anyone else left around forums anyway, its always the same clowns with their alt accounts popping up to reply with some typical sarcastic nonsense, good for you, can't wait to see this forums dedicated exclusively to your species... oh right, it already is.

Edited by Vnight
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

the thing i miss the most is just being able to kill your own GROUP members without being kicked for it. i understand the tk-kick mechanic in an actual mission, but if it's in an unopposed mission, why bother?

not that i've ever cared about my kda, but the fact that the scoreboard stats do not reset when you actually start an opposed mission is wild to me.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Vnight said:

The kill themes are officially terminated as all have them off by default.

as someone who buys themes because i like them and want to hear them, i disagree

also you're super late on this

• Like 5

i love listening to kill themes but sometimes i don't like certain kill themes .. like those that hurt at the ears. i keep it on anyway.

• Like 1

I like to listen to death themes, except Linkin Park ones cus it's always thoses wanna be edgy almost naked e-girls that have them ahah

Jokes aside,

Before I used to basically ignore them all, but soon reached the limit in the ignore list

I find the opportunity to disable death theme actually good because it lets me disable it whenever someone in the mission as an unpleasant theme for my ears, I re activate it afterwards

😄 

wasn't there an exploit that themes were able to duplicate original themes and make it their own? or hack?

That probably piss the theme makers more.

Edited by Deadliest

you sure that people didnt have instruments folder renamed before?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

wasn't there an exploit that themes were able to duplicate original themes and make it their own? or hack?

That probably piss the theme makers more.

It was an ui exploit. It had been fixed years ago, so there’s no point to hide it. You can open your own themes by double clicking on them. But if you have a right timing, you could double click your theme and then click at other author theme and the game opens it. And then there was a theme stealer hack that took a year to fix but as someone told me ( dunno that I can trust him ) you need just a source code of that hack and change offsets and it will work again

Edited by Lign

Themes are a vanity thing, just like outfits and car designs and what not. Themes are meant to be heard just like outfits and car designs are there to be shown. It's not like you are forcing EVERYONE to listen to your theme, it's "only" those who you defeat.

Disabling them by default makes them pretty useless and this is a kick in the nuts for those who put actual efforts into themes.

Edited by Ai-Zhú
  • Like 1

Personally the only time i hear themes is when i inspect people, I don't want random 1 note themes playing over my music/youtube video (yeah i don't play apb fullscreen).

Wish you could just mute themes from players without /ignoring.

3 hours ago, Lign said:

It was an ui exploit. It had been fixed years ago, so there’s no point to hide it. You can open your own themes by double clicking on them. But if you have a right timing, you could double click your theme and then click at other author theme and the game opens it. And then there was a theme stealer hack that took a year to fix but as someone told me ( dunno that I can trust him ) you need just a source code of that hack and change offsets and it will work again

Good information for hackers.

6 hours ago, Lign said:

yep it would work just needs the offsets updated 

I turned mine back on for once and got several different people with troll themes as opp consecutively, amazing that so many people can be that childish. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 2

Having the option to disable themes has improved the experience for me. I used to delete the instruments folder and miss out on all the cool songs people write. Now I can listen to people's custom songs as they drive by, without getting ear raped mid mission.

The mods are not hunting you down. I apologize if this sounds offensive. Many of your posts are hard to read. If English is not your native language, write your posts in both English and your native language to clear up any translation errors.

• Like 1

Far too many people had horrible themes and was the primary reason people ended up on my ignore list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fenton said:

Far too many people had horrible themes and was the primary reason people ended up on my ignore list.

Same.

Maybe they should fix the ear-screeches or loud tones over 5 seconds. :^)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fenton said:

This.

Which is why I criticized them for their "solution". Most themes are creative and fun, but there's always a turd with some low IQ ear assault going on. Next to the ignore button on the scoreboard should be a "Mute Theme" button. Tired of my ignore list being as long as it is because simple functionality like this isn't in this dated game.

• Like 1

I used to play while listening to music. It got old after a while to have to listen to the equivalent of a kid bashing his face on a synth at twice the volume of the music i was listening to

Made millions since OBT with selling themes and yet I'm so glad the theme mute function in the game is present. Just the thought that I can mute  mostly crappy made themes in a mouseclick pleases me. Hope the next things that will be muted are the boomboxes and songs. We've heared them all, mute and move on.

• Like 1

I was very much for the Muting of Death Themes and very glad the option has been added.

Ultimately I would have preferred a Volume Slider, because I really agree that Creativity shouldn't be completely blocked, but I'm guessing the way APB was made doesn't allow for some sounds to be separated from others and also that they can't give us an unlimited /ignore list either to just mute those toxic players (even though I disagree with this tactic because unlike toxic chat/cheating/hacking/scamming/bad behaviour listening to a Toxic Theme has a chance to damage us before we can decide to Mute it.)

Other than a slider, there could be protections built into the Music/Theme Designer to detect continuous tones, high volumes, or repeating notes, but again Toxic Players are gonna Toxic and much like hackers and anti-hacking software, they'll be constantly looking for ways to bypass those protections and it'll just be another battle for LO to spend resources on fighting.

So a global Mute was the only option as it was proven time and time again that the toxic players of APB don't want us to have nice things and so the Theme Mute was added to protect us from that toxicity and I think that is what Vnight is getting at - Mute Themes aren't bad but the toxic player who are the reason it exists is bad.

Oh cool another one of these threads. Better late than never I guess. 

It's just an extra option. 

Tick the box or dont, its up to you. 

so it's a bad thing to give people an option?  Some of the death themes were intentionally high pitched and annoying, so much so that you would have to /ignore almost everyone on the opposing team.

Had mine custom made

The ending theme to "the grim adventures of billy and mandy"  I always like hearing other peoples....