Thial

@LittleOrbit Scroll Wheel Shooting

Is scroll wheel shooting cheating in your opinion ?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Is scroll wheel shooting cheating in your opinion ?

• Yes
    • No

Despite it being an advantage or not, who would be against simply removing the possibility to be shooting with the scrollwheel? If anyone would be against it, they would argue that it is beneficial and only give it more reason to be disabled.

• Like 2

Just now, BXNNXD said:

since when is a debate mockery?

i havent insulted you once this entire exchange, im actually rather proud of myself tbh

Don't try to act like you're not making any attempts. There are other ways to insult someone without using vulgar words to get your implication across.

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

theres a 6 page thread arguing about carspawners, should we just delete those as well?

You know full well that is argument is pointless, and removing them is also pointless.

But yet you ask my opinion as bait to be able to try to tear me apart in other ways.

Your tactics are fairly predictable, and you're probably finding amusement from it.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:12 AM, Thial said:

The point is that scroll wheel shooting lets you bypass a big part of the learning curve which is learning the guns, learning how to click fast, learning how to click with a perfect rhythm. Essentially the same thing that macro does.

but thats not a macro so......................................................................................

1 minute ago, Zian said:

Don't try to act like you're not making any attempts. There are other ways to insult someone without using vulgar words to get your implication across.

You know full well that is argument is pointless, and removing them is also pointless.

But yet you ask my opinion as bait to be able to try to tear me apart in other ways.

Your tactics are fairly predictable, and you're probably finding amusement from it.

im really not, other than maybe a general sense of "lol hes wrong" since obviously i think youre wrong

how is removing one controversial game mechanic just because its controversial any different from removing a different controversial game mechanic because its controversial?

and yes i post on the forums for entertainment, im not sure why any non-staff member would post if they didnt enjoy it

Just now, BXNNXD said:

im really not, other than maybe a general sense of "lol hes wrong" since obviously i think youre wrong

how is removing one controversial game mechanic just because its controversial any different from removing a different controversial game mechanic because its controversial?

and yes i post on the forums for entertainment, im not sure why any non-staff member would post if they didnt enjoy it

Because using carspawn is not as controversial as the long time use of the mouse wheel.

And you really are, otherwise you wouldn't be so persistent to post after I make a post. It's one thing to simply think a person is wrong, it's entirely different when you continue you engage, and make attempts to get the last word in. Especially if your posts are peppered in crude sarcasm.

Just now, Zian said:

Because using carspawn is not as controversial as the long time use of the mouse wheel.

And you really are, otherwise you wouldn't be so persistent to post after I make a post. It's one thing to simply think a person is wrong, it's entirely different when you continue you engage, and make attempts to get the last word in. Especially if your posts are peppered in crude sarcasm.

carspawners have been controversial since the day they were announced, whereas i can probably count the number of scroll wheel threads ive seen on one hand

idk what to tell you homie, this is just how i interact? i keep engaging because theres something to engage with, it is a forum after all lmao

Just now, BXNNXD said:

carspawners have been controversial since the day they were announced, whereas i can probably count the number of scroll wheel threads ive seen on one hand

idk what to tell you homie, this is just how i interact? i keep engaging because theres something to engage with, it is a forum after all lmao

Asking a person stupid questions, after disagreeing with their opinion, clearly says that you're attempting to make a mockery of them.

At this point, I don't care if you deny it. This forum has its fill of trolls who try to insight some sort of overly prolonged argument or another. If it enriches your life to anomalously instigate ire from other people, meh that's on you. The only thing that actually makes it seem despicable is that you refuse to own up to it. 

I mean, otherwise you just don't get out enough, and that makes you a bit blind to what you're doing. So I can't fault you for that.

3 minutes ago, Zian said:

Asking a person stupid questions, after disagreeing with their opinion, clearly says that you're attempting to make a mockery of them.

At this point, I don't care if you deny it. This forum has its fill of trolls who try to insight some sort of overly prolonged argument or another. If it enriches your life to anomalously instigate ire from other people, meh that's on you. The only thing that actually makes it seem despicable is that you refuse to own up to it. 

I mean, otherwise you just don't get out enough, and that makes you a bit blind to what you're doing. So I can't fault you for that.

asking purposefully leading questions to attempt to force you to see the flaws in your suggestions isnt anything groundbreaking, and its definitely not mockery

if you decide to take offense to it thats on you

also i go outside every day to get my mail, thank you very much

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

asking purposefully leading questions to attempt to force you to see the flaws in your suggestions isnt anything groundbreaking, and its definitely not mockery

if you decide to take offense to it thats on you

also i go outside every day to get my mail, thank you very much

There is nothing that can be indicated from asking stupid questions purposefully, beyond your intent for asking them. Up to this point you have fixated your attention specifically on me, probably because of the big pink and white Z by my name. Who knows?

I have taken no offense to how you allow yourself to be perceived on this forum, and through our brief interaction with each other. I am merely stating that you're transparent in your tactics. 

2 minutes ago, Zian said:

There is nothing that can be indicated from asking stupid questions purposefully, beyond your intent for asking them. Up to this point you have fixated your attention specifically on me, probably because of the big pink and white Z by my name. Who knows?

I have taken no offense to how you allow yourself to be perceived on this forum, and through our brief interaction with each other. I am merely stating that you're transparent in your tactics. 

i "fixated" on you because you said something i disagreed with, so i disagreed publicly - something a forum is intended for

its not my fault that every time you quote me you say something i want to respond to 

or maybe it is? idk youre the one doing the weird armchair psychology routine 

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i "fixated" on you because you said something i disagreed with, so i disagreed publicly - something a forum is intended for

its not my fault that every time you quote me you say something i want to respond to 

or maybe it is? idk youre the one doing the weird armchair psychology routine 

Do you find it annoying? Sorry.

I try to rationalize the how and why someone keeps posting incendiary posts again, and again, and again, targeted specifically to only one person over a video game. Especially when they simply can't say "I disagree" respectfully.

I came to this conclusion:

You're the type of person who likely leads an introverted life, and this is a huge majority of your social venting with the world. Likely using the popularity you have received on here as a means to validate yourself, and your strong common opinions over a free to play video game. 

When you have the opportunity to exploit someone for your amusement you take it, and do so while putting aside any consideration for said person(s). Likely doing this blindly, because you're not really well versed in face to face conversation, or simply because you have a lot of unusually cruel thoughts that you have on actual people whom you know in your day to day life. In the end though you don't try to act vulgar about it, just merely fail at being clever about it.

Edited by Zian

2 minutes ago, Zian said:

Do you find it annoying? Sorry.

I try to rationalize the how and why someone keeps posting incendiary posts again, and again, and again, targeted specifically to only one person over a video game. Especially when they simply can't say "I disagree" respectfully.

I came to this conclusion:

You're the type of person who likely leads an introverted life, and this is a huge majority of your social venting with the world. Likely using the popularity you have received on here as a means to validate yourself, and your strong common opinions over a free to play video game. 

When you have the opportunity to exploit someone with your amusement you take it, and do so while putting aside any consideration for said person(s). Likely doing this blindly, because you're not really well versed in face to face conversation, or simply because you have a lot of unusually cruel thoughts that you have on actual people whom you know in your day to day life. In the end though you don't try to act vulgar about it, just merely fail at being clever about it.

whew we're cutting way too close to home here, tone it down buddy

whats the point in saying "i disagree" without giving any reasons for it? 

whew we're cutting way too close to home here, tone it down buddy

whats the point in saying "i disagree" without giving any reasons for it? 

Respectfully is the point. No one ever said to not give a reason.

If you don't want to be viewed a certain way, then don't act a certain way.

Just now, Zian said:

Respectfully is the point. No one ever said to not give a reason.

If you don't want to be viewed a certain way, then don't act a certain way.

ive been pretty respectful imo, but now at this point we're starting to loop

id ask for someone to back me up here but my post count is my only friend

ive been pretty respectful imo, but now at this point we're starting to loop

id ask for someone to back me up here but my post count is my only friend

Hmmmm....

We are starting to loop, you're right. Have a nice day, and I hope you can reflect on what I tried to impart on you about how you approach topics. Hopefully there will be improvement somewhere.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

i disagree you moron

Such a shame. Have a nice day, perhaps you'll actually offend someone who can't see through you.

1 minute ago, Zian said:

Such a shame. Have a nice day, perhaps you'll actually offend someone who can't see through you.

oops

i guess the irony fell flat on that one

Jesus Christ what is happening here.

4 hours ago, Dopefish said:

Despite it being an advantage or not, who would be against simply removing the possibility to be shooting with the scrollwheel? If anyone would be against it, they would argue that it is beneficial and only give it more reason to be disabled.

Exactly. Sad thing is that many of the people who talk about it in this thread never used it on the pro level or never actually played against one of the top players who are using the wheel. If they did, they would understand how annoying it is when you keep playing against oscar mains with "free spin" wheels.

4 hours ago, Akito said:

but thats not a macro so......................................................................................

Yet it lets you achieve exactly the same result as a macro with the only difference that this is in the game therefore not a cheat. But the fact still remains that wheel let's you completely bypass the need to learn the rate of fire of every gun which can take months to perfect and that in itself is an exploit / cheat if you are able to bypass one of the fundamental mechanics of the game by a little trick like that. I don't see how making your wheel spin once every 15 seconds is any different from pressing a macro button to achieve basically the same result.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 6:55 AM, iPlumbum said:

You're doing it wrong then.

Semi Auto's will shred you instantly when it's done correctly.

No they wont. The scroll wheel has imperfections that is one. Two scroll wheel causes you to have a not comfortable grip on the mouse and it fucks with your aim. If you get your timing right you can shoot more accurately and more rapidly if you just time your clicks properly. I know a couple people from back in the day that had that down to a tee and they would outshoot anyone with scroll wheel shooting.

Why is this thread still a thing? Everything that can be said has been said.

people use scroll to bunnyjump and lots of other stuff,if we just block this then everyone who uses logitech or software-side macro will have an "advantage" because they have easier options.

what's next? block leaning on walls?

23 hours ago, Dopefish said:

Look at this guy using logic, we dont need your kind around these parts.

12 hours ago, YeOldLegends said:

scroll wheel causes you to have a not comfortable grip on the mouse and it fucks with your aim. 

Sure, if you dont know how to hold a mouse I guess that could happen.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:01 AM, Dopefish said:

We need more people like you .

15 hours ago, YeOldLegends said:

No they wont. The scroll wheel has imperfections that is one. Two scroll wheel causes you to have a not comfortable grip on the mouse and it fucks with your aim. If you get your timing right you can shoot more accurately and more rapidly if you just time your clicks properly. I know a couple people from back in the day that had that down to a tee and they would outshoot anyone with scroll wheel shooting.

What kind of imperfections ?? If you use free spin, what kind of uncomfortable grip do you have ? You just spin your wheel once every 10-15 seconds just as you would press a macro button. After that all you do is hold the mouse normally and focus on tracking. The free spin wheel is able to execute more than 1000 clicks in just 5 seconds therefore in worst case scenario if you used let's say oscar you would have 15ms slower ttk than the perfect one which still would be very hard to reproduce by clicking LMB + you would be 100% consistent with it. Also as I said it 100 times you don't actually need to learn any guns. All you need to do is shoot at people within the weapon's effective range / at the range where bloom won't affect your effectiveness and the wheel takes care of the perfect RoF for you and that in itself is cheating imo no matter what arguments you will use. Normally it takes months to master all the guns and even after that you still need to put effort into clicking properly yet a simple trick let's you bypass one of the fundamental mechanics of the game. Exactly the same thing as macro does. And as @Dopefish said. If it didn't give you advantages people simply wouldn't use it yet there's a massive amount of people using the wheel currently, even streamers.

11 hours ago, Thial said:

What kind of imperfections ?? If you use free spin, what kind of uncomfortable grip do you have ? You just spin your wheel once every 10-15 seconds just as you would press a macro button. After that all you do is hold the mouse normally and focus on tracking. The free spin wheel is able to execute more than 1000 clicks in just 5 seconds therefore in worst case scenario if you used let's say oscar you would have 15ms slower ttk than the perfect one which still would be very hard to reproduce by clicking LMB + you would be 100% consistent with it. Also as I said it 100 times you don't actually need to learn any guns. All you need to do is shoot at people within the weapon's effective range / at the range where bloom won't affect your effectiveness and the wheel takes care of the perfect RoF for you and that in itself is cheating imo no matter what arguments you will use. Normally it takes months to master all the guns and even after that you still need to put effort into clicking properly yet a simple trick let's you bypass one of the fundamental mechanics of the game. Exactly the same thing as macro does. And as @Dopefish said. If it didn't give you advantages people simply wouldn't use it yet there's a massive amount of people using the wheel currently, even streamers.

Oh your speaking of free spin. I am not sure about that I have never used any free spin mice in my life.