Thial

@LittleOrbit Scroll Wheel Shooting

Is scroll wheel shooting cheating in your opinion ?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Is scroll wheel shooting cheating in your opinion ?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Sick crosshair.

Thought that mumble wasn't recorded in most software.

Anyways

Scrollwheel isnt much of an advantage really though. There are far worse things people can do with their mice... just gonna stop there.

11 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

There are far worse things people can do with their mice... just gonna stop there.

Woah, what a cliff hanger🤔

Please finish this story, 😢

4 pages of useless posting. 

I beg you guys, stop creating threads like these

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wHisHi said:

forums are for discussion after all

I jump and reload with my scroll wheel personally. Don't think scroll wheel shooting is that strong, I imagine someone who actually took the time to learn the gun would out play someone just scroll wheel spamming. 

27 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

SOCIAL DISTRICT (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Discuss all things APB Reloaded related here!

Sorry is this the wrong section?

59 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

Sorry is this the wrong section?

this is not the wrong section

I got a notification because my name was tagged, so these are my thoughts:

Don't forget that the question was simply: Is scroll wheel shooting cheating in your opinion?

Scroll wheel shooting is for people who want to truthfully claim they are not using a rapid fire macro while still automating left clicking at lightning speed. Thus it's NOT "cheating", which is the whole silly point of scroll wheel shooting.

If it's an advantage or not is not the question (I don't think it's very usable). Just because "anyone can do it" doesn't make it NOT a silly exploit. At the same time you can't say that something which is a part of the game settings is cheating.

It's taking advantage of looked-past, non-intended game settings to make the game left click for you faster than humanly possible. It's not bannable or actual cheating (technically) but if you do the same thing with a macro instead, suddenly it is. That's why it's dumb and should just be removed from the game. 

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

I really don't understand all those people saying things like "omg another thread like this" or "why are you creating stupid question threads". Isn't that what the forum is for ? Discussion / Suggestions / Asking questions ? If I'm wrong correct me please.

I definitely agree that since it's in the game technically it's not cheating but it is definitely an unwanted exploit which kind of makes it cheating since people are using an exploit and exploiting is technically bannable. So we got ourselves kind of a funny situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thial said:

I really don't understand all those people saying things like "omg another thread like this" or "why are you creating stupid question threads". Isn't that what the forum is for ? Discussion / Suggestions / Asking questions ? If I'm wrong correct me please.

I definitely agree that since it's in the game technically it's not cheating but it is definitely an unwanted exploit which kind of makes it cheating since people are using an exploit and exploiting is technically bannable. So we got ourselves kind of a funny situation.

after making it through 3 different administrations and 2 UI programmings, i dont think an option to rebind you fire weapon key is an exploit

12 hours ago, iPlumbum said:

I believe macro shooting and the likes are already bannable in the ToS.

Its just not enforced as much as it should be.

Scroll wheel can be set up in the in game options.

No macro or scripts.

As someone who has used scroll wheel a lot over my apb life: scroll wheel has advantages and disadvantages that make it worth and not worth it.

I had used it long enough that I got good at aiming, I had the what most would say 'perfect adaption' of it. So I was using it optimally. But guess what, its still not that great. Its annoying to tap fire, requires rebinding when using other weapons, along with a slew of other small issues (such as grip on the mouse)

In the end, despite having it down perfectly, I switched back to clicking. Honestly, scroll wheeling is not worth it, and people who think it can be abused have never really tried using it for a long time.

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I would have a hard time saying something you can set up using the in game options is cheating.

That being said, scroll wheel OSCAR is OP.

Perfect fire rate every time.

Almost the same with the Ntec as well, but that has been used by a lot of people for years sadly.

14 hours ago, iPlumbum said:

I believe macro shooting and the likes are already bannable in the ToS.

Its just not enforced as much as it should be.

agreed, then again  alot really hasn't been seriously enforced for long time, not say it's LO's fault but yea hopefully you catch my drift.

Left clicks with all guns > gets spammed with whispers claiming I'm macroing.

If a weapon is overpowered when fired at it's max rate of fire, the weapon's stats need to be adjusted, or other weapons need to be brought up to par. Making every weapon automatic would end this whole macro/scrollwheel nonsense.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Making every weapon automatic would end this whole macro/scrollwheel nonsense.

Or making premature clicks queue the next shot, allowing you to max RoF by clicking faster than the cycle rate.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:40 AM, Xnetexe said:

Or making premature clicks queue the next shot, allowing you to max RoF by clicking faster than the cycle rate.

That would significantly lower the skill gap of a lot of weapons. No, thanks.

Why would you wanna shoot with scroll wheel? :classic_blink:

I recall contacting G1's customer support years ago to get information/clarification about this and their reply was: "binding a key to either your keyboard or mouse to perform an in-game action like shooting is perfectly allowed".  If this statement changes under LO's management, then I am pretty sure they will make an announcement beforehand.

Edited by PGAW67

On 6/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, Percocet said:

Not even hard to click dum thread

Definitely not cheating, but I do find it an advantage for the use of some weapons like the obeya, it makes the fire rate almost perfect, which allows me to counter most of ntec players. 

Edited by Matth

Look at all these people who cant even click a mouse and they want volunteer gms, smh

2 minutes ago, Percocet said:

Look at all these people who cant even click a mouse and they want volunteer gms, smh

As if knowing the shooting pattern of a gun made you a qualified gm lol

1 minute ago, Matth said:

You dont think GMs should be able to play the game?

Just now, Matth said:

Well most guns go *pew pew pew* but some go *boom boom boom* So does that mean i should be the Omega GM?