Thial

@LittleOrbit Scroll Wheel Shooting

Is scroll wheel shooting cheating in your opinion ?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Is scroll wheel shooting cheating in your opinion ?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Thial said:

Good players will very rarely miss, you don't need artificial aiming. It would have a noticeable effect if you run around with perfect ttk oscar trust me. Many people have insane aim in this game as they play a lot more than just APB, Quake for example for aim practice.

I want you to test something. go get a single shot gun, stand 15m from a friend in apb and macro the hell out of that gun, don't move don't ads, then tell me you hit every bullet. then try ads, then try varying distances. I am telling you, you will miss. While you are at it have both of you record the event and then compare the recordings.

3 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

I want you to test something. go get a single shot gun, stand 15m from a friend in apb and macro the hell out of that gun, don't move don't ads, then tell me you hit every bullet. then try ads, then try varying distances. I am telling you, you will miss. While you are at it have both of you record the event and then compare the recordings.

why are you telling me to use the most stupid gun to macro with ? Why not scroll wheel oscar ? Your post really just made it look like you don't have much experience with what we are talking about right now.

Edited by Thial

some random youtube video showing that all you need to do is spin it once and your gun fires with the fastest fire rate possible.

I've tried it before and I gained no advantage.  It may just be because I have a stiff scroll wheel, and people with a more loose one may have an easier time, but I actually did considerably worse with a carbine.  My aim was all over the place because of the weird finger positioning and stiffness.  And half the time out of pure muscle memory since I'm used to clicking when I see an enemy I would end up pushing the scroll wheel in and holstering my guns lol.  (I rebound unequip weapons to middle mouse because G is just an easier grenade button for me)

4 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I've tried it before and I gained no advantage.  It may just be because I have a stiff scroll wheel, and people with a more loose one may have an easier time, but I actually did considerably worse with a carbine.  My aim was all over the place because of the weird finger positioning and stiffness.  And half the time out of pure muscle memory since I'm used to clicking when I see an enemy I would end up pushing the scroll wheel in and holstering my guns lol.  (I rebound unequip weapons to middle mouse because G is just an easier grenade button for me)

That's all about practice. My point is that someone who plays with a scroll wheel all the time and is good at it will definitely gain advantage over players who don't use it. Also watch the video I posted above.

Edited by Thial

Free spinning scroll wheel + OSCAR = definite advantage

Still... its allowed under options, so not cheating.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Free spinning scroll wheel + OSCAR = definite advantage

Still... its allowed under options, so not cheating.

yeah you are 100% right but the question is if it was intended / if the devs even knew about something like wheel shooting.

1 minute ago, Thial said:

yeah you are 100% right but the question is if it was intended / if the devs even knew about something like wheel shooting.

No way to know for sure I guess.

But I cant imagine the devs didnt know you could set the scrollwheel to fire when they made the game.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

No way to know for sure I guess.

But I cant imagine the devs didnt know you could set the scrollwheel to fire when they made the game.

They probably knew you can do it but my guess is that they didn't know what it would result in.

Banning for using macro is stupid IMO. This is something that can be fixed in the game itself.

VBR is great example - the faster you shoot, the worse your bullets spread. No point of using macro.

The same can be done to SR15 and other reskins.

P.S.: for those who say that Oscar is OP with macro - guess what? It's not. you can just tap two times per second and get the same accuracy and TTK.

Jenz1yU.jpg

Edited by kidi

Is this really that advantageous/broken? I've never really tried it but I doubt I could get used to it.

After all, it's something that's part of the game, or in other words, it's purely editing your key mapping.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kidi said:

Banning for using macro is stupid IMO. This is something that can be fixed in the game itself.

VBR is great example - the faster you shoot, the worse your bullets spread. No point of using macro.

The same can be done to SR15 and other reskins.

P.S.: for those who say that Oscar is OP with macro - guess what? It's not. you can just tap two times per second and get the same accuracy and TTK.

Macros can be made to fire at any interval you choose. You could conceivably make a macro for the fire rate of every gun in the game.

Scroll wheel is different.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Cheating? No, as everyone can do it.

Should it be removed? Probably, it lowers the skill cap of the game and makes learning semi-automatic's fire rates less rewarding for the people that bust their butt to get good with a weapon for hundreds, possibly thousands of hours.

this is getting ridiculous

4 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Scrollwheel FBW:

Sick crosshair.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sick crosshair.

Yeah, think it was mumble at the time- 5 years ago cant remember

Isn't this more of an issue with the oscar itself? The Joker carbine scroll-wheeling is way less efficient than it is with the oscar. 

Edited by Spherii

@SilverCrow is the best man to speak to when it comes to macros and exploiting the weapons, he had some interesting videos back in the day that explained this.

At least i think it was Silvercrow o.o

2 hours ago, Thial said:

why are you telling me to use the most stupid gun to macro with ? Why not scroll wheel oscar ? Your post really just made it look like you don't have much experience with what we are talking about right now.

I did not specify any specific gun, as a matter of fact I told you to choose any single shot gun. But as you read all my posts and make assumptions, I can only assume you read that as "shotgun". 

no one has mentioned yet that despite the fact that theres a human skill cap, the semi-auto guns are all balanced around the optimal ttk?

perhaps if theres a gun that you think is too powerful while scroll wheeling its just because it actually is too powerful?

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

no one has mentioned yet that despite the fact that theres a human skill cap, the semi-auto guns are all balanced around the optimal ttk?

perhaps if theres a gun that you think is too powerful while scroll wheeling its just because it actually is too powerful?

1 hour ago, Spherii said:

Isn't this more of an issue with the oscar itself? The Joker carbine scroll-wheeling is way less efficient than it is with the oscar. 

Just now, Dreadarm said:

woops glossed right over that

15 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

zebH6fF.gif