Ellix

When will APB community ever be satisfied?

-After engine update?

-When servers will work perfectly

- There will be a good anticheat

- Dethreating wouldn't be an issue because of higher pop

-When nerfs and buffs will be no more

What then?

Would you guys really stay in APB?

What would you suggest the game needs?

• Like 1

Add weapon balancing to the list, after all this done, new content only needed. And then... then we left to wait of computer games total replacement, I think...

1 hour ago, Ellix said:

Competent development. In other words, something that LO cannot serve.

1 hour ago, ViolaDeWynter said:

heey don't be so harsh 😞

In terms of "suggestions" I'm sure we all have hundreds. I myself have a lot of quality of life suggestions but the problem is that they are extremely far out in the future. Those are relatively minor things that would only add to the experience whereas all the things you've listed are major problems that are extremely important for every single player that touches APB. Those need to be dealt with before anything else is recommended or suggested by anyone, let alone worked on.

If things started genuinely picking up I would surely stay with the game but now that the population is continuously dwindling and the game itself becomes more and more boring and annoying to play (due to facing the same groups every minute, every hour, every day, every week) people will only keep leaving. We saw it happen on NA and now its happening on EU, the last "sanctuary" for leftover APB players. I've not really even played at all this past month because theres no reason to and because I have better things to do.

The engine upgrade betas spell disaster for the future of the game meanwhile people's tolerance of current APB has been diminishing by the month. New players wouldn't like current APB due to matchmaking (mainly) as well as some other areas of the game that are dated or just don't work very well. APB 2.1 is even less presentable so that will not lure any new players in who want to get into a game enough to drop money on. APB is still being called "poor man's GTA" in the newbie circles and thats for a good reason, as untrue as it is realistically. Who wants to play poor man's GTA when you can have real GTA which does the GTA stuff better?

I don't want to be needlessly harsh on LO but this is legitimate criticism and things need to really turn around rapidly if we want APB out of the gutter.

Edited by Flaws

9 hours ago, Ellix said:

-After engine update?

What then?

remove the threat system, merge world servers.

once jerichos pop hit a certain low, it became impossible to play missions 90% of the time, and even if you could play missions, it was against the same couple of people. cant see anyone coming back to the game as long as this remains an issue, but removing threat can help this issue. merging world servers is a more long term solution that they're gonna have to start working on sometime soon if they're struggling as much as people say they are.

9 hours ago, Ellix said:

-After engine update?

i think is a good start when you have in mind that we never had most of those things..

Edited by TheMessiah

Never, if they aint satisfied now they will never be.

5 minutes ago, Preme said:

Never, if they aint satisfied now they will never be.

"Now" like with the current state of things? How could anyone be satisfied "now" when you can't even play because of lack of people?

11 hours ago, Ellix said:

-After engine update?

What then?

Pve,absolutely.

I am tired of gosthing,griefing and dethreaters.

The f2cheat sys is no good in a PvP.

57 minutes ago, wilde79 said:

"Now" like with the current state of things? How could anyone be satisfied "now" when you can't even play because of lack of people?

Most of these things have been always like this, except for the lack of players but it only takes 80 players to make a district full so thats not really an issue either. So if youre not satisfied now, youve never been satisfied. 

18 minutes ago, Preme said:

Most of these things have been always like this, except for the lack of players but it only takes 80 players to make a district full so thats not really an issue either. So if youre not satisfied now, youve never been satisfied. 

That is so wrong on so many levels. Even when things weren't perfect before either at least we had more players to play against. Those 80 players in the district cycle around all the time and aren't stagnant. Nowadays they are. Also, we had better weapon balance before too. We had EAC at one point which was amazing compared to any other anti-cheat APB has had. Saying that if we aren't satisfied now, we never will be is a joke.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Flaws said:

That is so wrong on so many levels. Even when things weren't perfect before either at least we had more players to play against. Those 80 players in the district cycle around all the time and aren't stagnant. Nowadays they are. Also, we had better weapon balance before too. We had EAC at one point which was amazing compared to any other anti-cheat APB has had. Saying that if we aren't satisfied now, we never will be is a joke.

That proves it even more, we had all that and geuss what? People still wanted more and more and they got what they wanted and still they want more. Theres no end to it apb players will always be hungry for more content instead of just be happy for once with what you have in this game. If it was up to me i would say everything was good the way it was in 2015 but even today after all the changes the game went through you can still have your fun in the game, just dont limit yourself.

11 hours ago, ViolaDeWynter said:

They are still better than RP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Preme said:

That proves it even more, we had all that and geuss what? People still wanted more and more and they got what they wanted and still they want more. Theres no end to it apb players will always be hungry for more content instead of just be happy for once with what you have in this game. If it was up to me i would say everything was good the way it was in 2015 but even today after all the changes the game went through you can still have your fun in the game, just dont limit yourself.

For someone who just joined the forums, I assume you are either a)new and ignorant, or b) not new, and a troll

You sound not only like a fool, but arrogant and dismissive. Your communication skills are terrible, you were obviously not on the debate team, if you even went to, and/or finished school.

On top of that you are obviously (to people who are not you) wrong. Basically you are inviting anyone who has ever been satisfied with the game to think you are an idiot.

I used to be completely satisfied with the game, I paid a subscription until I realized I could ENJOY the game into RTW points to pay it with. The game was so amazing that it took one bankrupt company and two more companies after to kill it. Once upon a time the game had fantastic devs, but it has never really had good management.

Anyway, guy that just joined less than two months ago, please refer to the first line of this here post, for probably the most relevant sentence in case you missed it, but I'm sure you know.

1 hour ago, wilde79 said:

For someone who just joined the forums, I assume you are either a)new and ignorant, or b) not new, and a troll

You sound not only like a fool, but arrogant and dismissive. Your communication skills are terrible, you were obviously not on the debate team, if you even went to, and/or finished school.

On top of that you are obviously (to people who are not you) wrong. Basically you are inviting anyone who has ever been satisfied with the game to think you are an idiot.

I used to be completely satisfied with the game, I paid a subscription until I realized I could ENJOY the game into RTW points to pay it with. The game was so amazing that it took one bankrupt company and two more companies after to kill it. Once upon a time the game had fantastic devs, but it has never really had good management.

Anyway, guy that just joined less than two months ago, please refer to the first line of this here post, for probably the most relevant sentence in case you missed it, but I'm sure you know.

Not only never satisfied but also very toxic and easily triggered. No wonder your exprience in game never works in your pleasure when youre mind set like this. 

Read what i said again and put your feelings to the side, you will realize that i also was very satisfied at some point in the game but i still am because despite all the changes the game went through that were not needed at all the game is still fun and still the same, but you only have to adjust yourself to the changes. 

And to stay on topic ill say this, There will be no end in the satisfaction of players in apb if there is then tell me when that will be. 

15 hours ago, Ellix said:

-After engine update?

What then?

its obvious that "the community" as a whole will never be satisfied since its impossible to cater to every individual person, especially if we ever actually do start getting pop back - more people means more opinions

personally i'm not sure i'll ever really be completely satisfied with apb again, the game has just fallen too far behind and there's too many things missing, but even one thing off your example list happening would be enough to keep me around for quite a while

45 minutes ago, Preme said:

Not only never satisfied but also very toxic and easily triggered. No wonder your exprience in game never works in your pleasure when youre mind set like this. 

Read what i said again and put your feelings to the side, you will realize that i also was very satisfied at some point in the game but i still am because despite all the changes the game went through that were not needed at all the game is still fun and still the same, but you only have to adjust yourself to the changes. 

And to stay on topic ill say this, There will be no end in the satisfaction of players in apb if there is then tell me when that will be. 

You seem to think you have some sort of, deep insight, into other peoples thinking and reasons for doing or saying things, when in reality, you seem to understand others very poorly. You repeatedly assert your opinion as some sort of revelation to others of why they are feeling or doing something. How would you know if my "experience in game never works in your pleasure"? What do you know of my "mind set"? What does that even mean? I have nothing against non native English speakers but I feel like I must seriously consider it isn't your first language.

You sound insane.

Edit to add: There are 18 people total on NA server, highest district is 7 people, yeah, its definitely the players fault if we aren't satisfied, its all just, you know, a matter of perspective, if I only saw the glass as half full instead of as having a few drops in it.

Edited by wilde79

3 hours ago, Preme said:

1 hour ago, Preme said:

No. Not at all. We all always wanted APB to prosper as much as possible and unfortunately it never went there due to poor management and other factors. APB only had one good period of like half a year or so during EAC which is when the game was decently playable. Afterwards, we not only lost EAC and went back to Battleye but weapon balance got butchered more than ever to the point where gunplay is no longer fun. Put these two together, more cheaters coming back and unfun gameplay. Population starts to drop more and more as people move on to better games. How is that the players' fault?

Then eventually we see a bunch of engine upgrade betas which are advertised as the game's future which look abysmal and are barely playable compared to the already shaky normal game with it's shaky performance. Since its been 2 years since LO's acquisition of APB they've made very little progress so people are getting disheartened more and more so they keep leaving, everyone for different reasons.

You seem to be missing the point entirely. We don't want "more and more endlessly". We want vital, baseline things in order to keep the game at least semi-enjoyable and then work it's way up to grow and get more population. More population = more money. More money = extended lifetime for the game. That's what game devs generally would want for their games too so there is nothing wrong with wanting more when what we have is so little. We get frustrated with LO because of the often bad decisions they take and the time they take to work on the engine and game improvements in general.

If you're satisfied with what you have that means that you are no longer growing and no longer improving which is bad for everything in life. Especially when things are in such a poor state already.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ellix said:

-After engine update?

What then?

I remmeber playing in 2016 on a shitty patootie low end laptop. Came to console during christmas. Came to pc this year and been bored with both pc and console.