Sign in to follow this  
TheMessiah

questions about the PC engine

The major beta issues dont see so "major" from the last engine news(last sunday)

Graphical glitches in the UI made worse by turning on VSync. These primarily showed up during the login/character/district select flow.

"Skinny" characters or loss of character customizations in faces and body proportions. (FIXED)

Lots of audio issues. Missing audio. Directional audio not correct. This included left and right sounds or 3D positioned sounds. (FIXED)

Graphic/chrome issue on player vehicles caused by spawning a second vehicle from the same spawner. 

Periodic lag / latency in districts. (POSSIBLE FIX THAT NEEDS TESTING)

Stutters on the loading screen.

Game crash on accepting a clan invite. (FIXED)

Frame rate loss when moving the mouse around very fast.

Input delay in the new Fullscreen Windowed mode.

So my questions are:

1.We gonna have another beta test on the big maps?

2.The engine gonna be released till end of this year?(seems reasonable)

3.How serious are the console issues and will it slow down the release of the PC engine a lot?

thx for the answers in advance great work 👏

Edited by TheMessiah

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

we might, I suppose it depends on how confident they are in fixing those "major" issues. Because if the issues are related to population, we might have too. Otherwise they will probably just ship it and continue to optimize it while we play. Although after the last beta I personally am not convinced it's ready. Visual wise is a huge downgrade (i'm talking color mostly but this is due the LUT still being disabled). I feel like LOD (level of detail) pops in way to much and without the fog of LIVE the pop in is really jaring. Also a lot of people seemingly didn't care about the last open beta. As I saw about the same amount of players as NA gets on a good day.

5 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

I mean, I guess? It's complete enough where if all the changes were ported people would probably be alright with it. I personally don't have a problem with pushing it back. APB is already an old game so a couple months won't hurt the already WIP engine upgrade. It would probably benefit sales in the long run too. I would only say that the engine in its current state is an upgrade from the console's version.

These are just my thoughts tho

no there are major issues it was supposed to be released back in 2014 but even after 6 years almost 7 it still isn't optimized and runs like hot garbage compared to live

• Like 5

I just wanna say I wouldn't get my hopes up for a 2020 full release, if Beta #3's performance was better I'd say maybe, but unless they find the silver bullet that gets the overall fps more comparable to live... I don't see it happening, especially with holidays and whatnot coming up, Spring 2021 is my revised bet

Other than that I don't think us laypersons can answer anything else, other than I wouldn't assume console work would slow down the PC engine since most of it appears to be waiting on the publisher

based on how last beta performed, expecting the release by the end of 2020 is waay to optimistic imo 🙂

Last beta weekend each day was like the day and the night.On saturday was running bad but on sunday was way better.More important is that this mini freezes when you fight someone are gone(at least was 4 me)

22 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

The major beta issues dont see so "major" from the last engine news(last sunday)

So my questions are:

3.How serious are the console issues and will it slow down the release of the PC engine a lot?

thx for the answers in advance great work 👏

1. pretty sure that we wil get another test phase.

2. i don't think it wil hit end of the year but its possible for january or february i think that feels more reasonable.

3. no idea

that are my thoughts on those questions.

Edited by TzickyT
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 12:23 AM, MonkaS said:

no there are major issues it was supposed to be released back in 2014 but even after 6 years almost 7 it still isn't optimized and runs like hot garbage compared to live

Basically this. I'd rather not have them release it within the next 2 years than release anything even remotely close to what we found in any of the open betas and I think I can speak for the majority when I say this.

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

Basically this. I'd rather not have them release it within the next 2 years than release anything even remotely close to what we found in any of the open betas and I think I can speak for the majority when I say this.

But... but some people from apb discord saying that 80 FPS is fine and playable for competitive experience

3 hours ago, Lign said:

But... but some people from apb discord saying that 80 FPS is fine and playable for competitive experience

Then those people don't know the first thing about competition or competitive experience in shooters.

I think the majority of the lag in this game is coming from the characters with thousands of customization crap on them and on their cars.Thats why this game will always lag no matter what..

Edited by TheMessiah

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

I think the majority of the lag in this game is coming from the characters with thousands of customization crap on them and on their cars.Thats why this game will always lag no matter what..

Secrectly, all modern games with many different skins are much more heavy than apb low quality primitives

On 11/11/2020 at 5:19 PM, R3ACT3M said:

we might, I suppose it depends on how confident they are in fixing those "major" issues. Because if the issues are related to population, we might have too. Otherwise they will probably just ship it and continue to optimize it while we play. Although after the last beta I personally am not convinced it's ready. Visual wise is a huge downgrade (i'm talking color mostly but this is due the LUT still being disabled). I feel like LOD (level of detail) pops in way to much and without the fog of LIVE the pop in is really jaring. Also a lot of people seemingly didn't care about the last open beta. As I saw about the same amount of players as NA gets on a good day.

Nah, it's just that not many people actually try a seperate test realm to play a low pop beta, even if it had a higher pop at least for jericho for beta, you'd see very few people.

The colors were fine imo, a bit dark but not bad. I think everyone wants this wierd colorful nonsense from G1, but the Beta reminds me more of RTW's dark than the current which i like.

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Nah, it's just that not many people actually try a seperate test realm to play a low pop beta, even if it had a higher pop at least for jericho for beta, you'd see very few people.

The colors were fine imo, a bit dark but not bad. I think everyone wants this wierd colorful nonsense from G1, but the Beta reminds me more of RTW's dark than the current which i like.

rtw wasn't dark it had very high bloom that made it look like light pollution in a city

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

True

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

So when it comes down to it. The game needs a color boost, and a weather tweak. Make the weather more grim, but make each color pop. Or, since the visual appearance of the game changes person to person LO can just add color presets into the game's settings menu and/or open up Nvidia Filters for use.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this