Motorola

Why are so many of my Brazilian teamates shooting me in the back when I'm wearing red?

I think it would be good for the game to remove the red crosshair.. that way you could actually use cover more effectively without the enemy knowing if they can hit you or not.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 5:44 PM, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

thank you captain obvious?

Yourwelcome 🥰

"force every character to have the same hitbox dimensions for fair play"

Your wording was weird so I assumed you didn't know that they were already the same size.

49 minutes ago, ColorBauss said:

I think it would be good for the game to remove the red crosshair.. that way you could actually use cover more effectively without the enemy knowing if they can hit you or not.

red crosshair isnt even indicative of whether you actually hit the enemy or not. Use a sniper for example, sometimes you have to fire off the red hitbox to score a hit on an enemy corner hugging, because the shot somehow "magnets" to the center of the character model and into a wall in front of it, rather than the 2-3 inches off of it. So sometimes firing with no red crosshair actually scores a hit 6-8inches off the wall, where aiming won't change the crosshair color but still hit. (Not that many people know this...)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 11/10/2020 at 4:13 PM, R3ACT3M said:

id personally be alright with removing the ability to change how tall one is, as most the time people make short characters any way. And I'm also assuming that sometime in the future the hit markers are reliable. But imo it would be the most effective way to be rid of trigger bots for sure. Plus correct me if I'm wrong but most PVP shooters I've played don't do colored crosshairs.

changing your height is only good for changing how high your crosshair is.... if you make your character tallest you can shoot over certain cover that you cant shoot over if you are the shortest. and being short helps you shoot under cars better at certain angle over being taller.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Motorola said:

changing your height is only good for changing how high your crosshair is.... if you make your character tallest you can shoot over certain cover that you cant shoot over if you are the shortest. and being short helps you shoot under cars better at certain angle over being taller.

So there is a difference...that's fucced up

Just ask them to move to another country and log in from there and it will stop happening then.

45 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

Just ask them to move to another country and log in from there and it will stop happening then.

i try but they get mad

They shoot you because you're not edgy enough. Everyone knows edgy players wear all black only. 

20 hours ago, Bambola said:

They shoot you because you're not edgy enough. 

That's definitely not it. 

On 11/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, Motorola said:

i agree but at the same time knowing when you can hit a player is important to APB gameplay. they just need to be better at stopping this problem imo.

It's not really making a difference. That split-second when your crosshair turns red could still result in a blocked shot even if you manage to place it in time.

It's kinda cool, but doesn't really help at all, unless you use a bot.

Edited by Sniperturtle
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 1:08 PM, R3ACT3M said:

So there is a difference...that's fucced up

The difference is directly tied to character model and the gun point. It kinda makes sense for that difference, but I never noticed it before, now that I know i might change my height to be shorter. I like shooting under cars more than over cover /shrugs.

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The difference is directly tied to character model and the gun point. It kinda makes sense for that difference, but I never noticed it before, now that I know i might change my height to be shorter. I like shooting under cars more than over cover /shrugs.

agreed, I was so confused as too why I couldn't shoot under cars after giving my character a height boost.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

agreed, I was so confused as too why I couldn't shoot under cars after giving my character a height boost.

some cars like the fresno are hard to fire under to begin with.

What I meant with my previous comment has nothing to do with "red crosshair being indicative of hitting the enemy" but knowing if the enemy is there in the first place. Often times I would have missed an enemy or not taken a shot if the crosshair wasn't red. Sometimes I see no enemy at all, just the red crosshair when targeting over a box or something, or when shooting under a car and all you can see is the crosshair turn red, otherwise you wouldn't know where to fire. If the crosshair never turned red, it would bring a sense of tactical gunplay where you can actually use cover effectively and not have the game tell you if you are targeting an enemy or just a box.

Edited by ColorBauss

On 11/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, SquirrelFace said:

All Battleye does is detects known cheats and kicks you for legit apps.

someone that knows low, BE keeps closing my freaking web browser, and i have one friend where it closes not only his browser, but his geforce experience too, and a lot of his background softwares.