Sign in to follow this  
KurtKlops

More thoughts on de threat

Thoght i throw in some ideas of mine. I think in order to reduce the number of All Pros in Bronze, 2 things might help.

1. Make it way less enjoyable for them to play there

2. Give them incentive to play on Gold Servers.

1. The following things should not be usable in Bronze Districts

Mods that require Rank 195

Lev 3 Mods

Epic Guns

Loyality rewards

also no XP and Money should be rewarded, maybe it should even cost to play there (for every mission for instance)

This way people could still play with their friends that are still bronze but at a prize while new Players wouldmt have to go against many things they cant do/use or even understand at the time. It might be worth a thought to block all explosive Guns beside Grenades. New Players could still by Armas stuff (LO needs the money ya know) allthough some Items might be flagged "not usable on bronze Servers"

My hope would be, that without their favorite Toys people would be less enticed to de threat. Maybe some of you guys have other ideas theyd be willing to share.

The second Part is even more difficult in my eyes. Because even if this would work to a degree, the mass of players that are real Silver, would pay the prize. So getting the Pros to play on Gold Servers would be important too. But the most important thing is that new Players get a somehow fair environment.  

Part 2 as i said, i find even more tricky. 2 Things to get started

Loyality Rewards based on Time/Missions spent on Gold Districts.

New NPCs that only level up while playing on Gold

I hope my english is sufficient to start some discussion here and i hope for your ideas and reasoning why i might be wrong. I also hope flaming stays on a low level.

Edited by KurtKlops
  • Like 2

I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand something: APB wasn't about pro-player vs pro-player. It was about asymmetrical gameplay. Under old threat, and even currently it's very possible for 2 sweaty golds to get matched against 4 silvers without the need for backup. While some may say this is unfair (to the silvers) it also creates a very interesting and sometimes fun game dynamic. Golds only playing against golds eliminates dynamic matches that turn into a fun ****show, like starting 2v4 and becoming a 6v7. Instead all it does is make boring 2v2 or 3v3 matches. IMO this is very against the spirit of the game of having OG high level gangsters fighting alongside rookies. In fact, IMO servers should do away with threat restriction altogether and instead have a balance of a little bit of everything. That way low level players get to experience playing with and against high level players. It would also create more dynamic missions.

On you second point:

15 hours ago, KurtKlops said:

Lev 3 Mods

Epic Guns

Loyality rewards

I frequently use the basic STAR and JG with 0 slots/mods because they are simply good guns that do the job better than my ALIG/NSSW/SHAW/Artermis. Clotting3 and Happy landings 3 don't make for a good player. Cooling jacket, while useful doesn't make for a good player. If you think that dethreated golds wouldn't absolutely **** on low silvers/bronzes... you'd be wrong. In fact getting obliterated by a basic N-tec/STAR should be a wakeup call to most newbies that the guns are not the issue.

Players dethreat because they're tired of the perfectly even 2v2 and 3v3s that constantly happen. Because sometimes they want to play a 2v4 or 3v6. The better way to address that is to get rid of this segregationist district stuff and just let people play against each other the way the game initially intended. Maybe throw in the ability for the losing side to always call backup or something. However penalizing and disincentivizing players won't get more people to play the game and it won't make the game more enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TKS for answering. One thing came out wrong as i see. I know that a Pro needs no special gun to trump the masses. Thats the beauty of the game in my eyes. There are also many Lev 3 mods that are useless. But others like Carsurfers, Mobility Slings and even things like CJ3 or IR3 are straight upgrades or offer playstyles new guys just dont have. Gold Weapons also certainly make the impression of a P2W Game and right or wrong these things drive new Players away.  

And dont fool yourself, there is nothing dynamic about a team of de-threaters stomping over some level 20 to 80 guys.

Iam pretty sure tho that at least some of these Squads would loose interest without the chance to use their toys. Now i dont want to seperate all Skillevels. I like the challenge, i really do. But new Players will drop out. You cant compare APB even to other Shooters. Its hard for Newbs everywhere but APB takes this to another level. So my intention first and most is to give new Players some time to adjust.

As for the rest, Silver Vets like me, we can take it. But still under the current circumstances there is no reason to play on Gold. So if we could manage to get the Number of Pros in Bronze Districts down, i think it would be logical to create some incentive for Players to play on Gold Districts.

The best would be to rework the thread System, maybe getting rid of it all together. I just wanted to offer a way that might help without cutting the Gordian knot. But i realize it most likely was a waste of time anyway. Lets hope LO can come up with something good here.

Edited by KurtKlops
  • Like 1

Just lock threats to their specific districts. There's enough playerbase to do that now. It'll be good until a new threat system is conjured up by LO in the future.

To elaborate: Only golds can join gold district, etc. If someone changes threat after a mission, kick them from the district after some kind of warning message, like the AFK kick message. Should only apply to silver and gold to prevent trainees/greens/bronzes being kicked a ton.

Edited by SLICKIEM

There has to be a way to play with your friends, same thread Level or not. Thats why i dont think that would work. Doing it your way Slickiem, you start with your buddies and suddenly one has to leave. Would kill the fun for my gang and many others. Im sure of that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KurtKlops said:

1. The following things should not be usable in Bronze Districts

Lev 3 Mods

Epic Guns

Loyality rewards

What if a bronze player wants to purchase a lvl3 mod from other players through the market?

Lvl 3 mods jus require Rank 40.

Mods that require R195, you have it on the joker store.

Loyalty rewards and Epic guns its jus a mere purchase tho. A bronze threat player cant use a eurayle in bronze district? 

22 hours ago, KurtKlops said:

It might be worth a thought to block all explosive Guns beside Grenades. New Players could still by Armas stuff (LO needs the money ya know) allthough some Items might be flagged "not usable on bronze Servers"

My hope would be, that without their favorite Toys people would be less enticed to de threat. 

"Need threat silver or more to use this weapon." You mean to say bronzes cannot use the osmaw from jokerstore or any other legendary that falls under explosive category?

Players can create a new acct and send their legendary weapons to that acct through marketplace. Heard of that?

Edited by Defibrillator

I like it that we discuss this stuff. My take on your points.

A Lev 3 Mod costs 80 to 90 K on the Market. It takes some time to get enogh money for even one of these. Joker Tickets take a even more time. You dont solve these Missions easy as a new player. Now as i said, i want to protect new Players for some time and i honestly dont see any contradiction here. 

The explosive Weapon thing was an additional thought. Iam not sure about that by any means. But its about bronze Districts here, not Players., just to be clear.

A Player that creates a new Account and sends his legendary Weapons there, is not a new Player. That is in fact some of the cases id like to block out of Bronze districts so yes, i heard of that.

Just need a real matchmaking. This is not detrheaters who make this game hard for new... But the matchmaking group/alone

An exemple is better than all. 
I was grouped just with "lovekil" and we are put in this game (Not a  problem for us, we like hard game, but the little Trainee had a bad game... And the question is : Wtf ? Why matchmaking put him into our game ? Just because he doesn't exist.)

1528981748-unknown-1.png

Edited by Itha

When the game puts 2 gold agaisnt 4 silvers is ok.. But if those golds are casual (they just upgraded) instead of dedicated (they been golds for quite a while), then it becomes quite tough, yet still the golds can handle it.

Even more ridiculous... if 2 golds face 6 bronzes or trainees... the poor bronzes have no chance. Most of them dont know about organizated team and will just rush up.

Same thing with 2 golds vs 1 silver and 2 bronzes (it happens quite often), why? cause the gap of skill between a bronze and a gold is HUGE.

So maybe the bronzes should be limited to their own server and silvers and gold can play together.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zealocke said:

Even more ridiculous... if 2 golds face 6 bronzes or trainees... the poor bronzes have no chance. Most of them dont know about organizated team and will just rush up.

I don't agree. If there is a match with 2 vs 6, the 6 player SHOULD be able to just through volume of fire/positioning overwhelm the 2 high rank players. Now I realize that's not always the case, but just by virtue of SHOOTING you should be able to hit them enough. At what point do you take away the welfare and expect people to be able to perform basic actions in game?

Locking threats to their respective districts is fine because if you are a consistent gold, it's quite a drag to play with your consistent silver friend. Either you have to completely carry them, throw a game entirely, or they have to sweat bullets to meet your standards. You might as well find people your own rank to play with. I don't think I've ever met a player that was consistently bronze, so that's fairly moot. Your bronze buddies can surely get to stable silver.

Also: It's incredibly easy to get to silver. I'll bet a brand-new PC gamer could get silver within a couple weeks.

Edited by SLICKIEM

This so wrong. I do not choose my friends by their Skill in any games. And we have a guy among us who cant reach Silver allthogh he plays every day. So what? We still will play with him and why not.

12 hours ago, KurtKlops said:

This so wrong. I do not choose my friends by their Skill in any games. And we have a guy among us who cant reach Silver allthogh he plays every day. So what? We still will play with him and why not.

You'd need to be doing ZERO kills and objectives every game if you played every day to not be silver.

Well im not lying mate. Hes level 190something and reutrned as bronze 2 weeks ago. He kills people and does objectives, he even has a good round from time to time but he dies a lot and hes not silver yet.

You do realize open conflict exists for a reason, right? If threat levels are locked to their districts, you can still just go to open conflict to play with your friend. Assuming people actually use the district like they do on console. Never really understood why PC players neglect open conflict while console players flock to it.

Just remove threat segregation.

I've sen these threads so many times that my empathy and sympathy have become numb.

If a new player struggles then need to look at where they went wrong and what can be learned from it, sometimes nothing could of changed the circumstances and there was nothing more one could do but try to learn from each and every opportunity.

Open Conflict is meant to mix players DELIBERATELY but in a way that in balanced so both team get low threat players and high threat players while everyone's threat and rank is hidden.

In reality it isn't working when next to no one goes in open conflict and also being in groups with friends kinda defeats the match making balancing system.

Honestly the open Conflict model should of been implemented to all districts but without hiding threats or ranks, the fact you try to lock threats to district gives an incentive for players to try and find a work around or some loop hole to abuse.

• Like 1

Think about it in this way, I really would prefer not to get a true silver on my team when I get matched versus two hardcore golds. It's really stressful to 1v2 them. Calling backup really doesn't help either when I just get more low ranks. The silvers don't wanna play with the hardcore golds and the hardcore golds don't wanna play with anyone else but other golds. Maybe just locking gold to a gold district would solve the problem.

Another problem is when you pair a group of people on party (specially if this is a clan and organized by ts/discord) against single individuals tied in a team. The tactical advantage is huge and maybe this is more important than being gold vs silvers.