Sign in to follow this  
sijws

Is BattleEye actually running?

accounts banned to date by battleye? 0

accounts flagged to date by battleye? the community would love to know

@MattScott

Edited by sijws

Is Battle Eye actually on or is it just sitting there getting fine tuned or something like that before flipping the "on switch". I've been seeing people talking about cheaters are still not getting banned and there's no manual bans happening as of right now as well. Just a question to see if it could hopefully quiet the naysayers.

zip zing NADA 0 ZEro u think they can afford anti Cheat????

I could imagine how one might see no information about bans, and be concerned that battle eye is not doing anything. On the other hand I don't really know much about battle eye, for all I know it could prevent people from being able to use the standard cheats everyone was subscribed to. In that scenario I would wonder if battle eye stopped someone from cheating, thus no cheating occurred, would LO ban them?

But like I said, I don't know the mechanics of it all, so I'm not sure how concerned or not to be, so I try not to worry, only time will tell how it all works out.

3 minutes ago, ripLO said:

zip zing NADA 0 ZEro u think they can afford anti Cheat????

How could they afford this then?

2yxmYVM.png

Its there and i have no apb running atm.

Edited by Excalibur!

Thread cleared.

Guys if you aren't familiar with our forum rules please make sure to take a moment and read them.

Let's keep it civil and without spamming please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tobii said:

have my babby

We'll make a full GS:GO pro-team including 2-3 rotation players to keep the starting line-up on their toes.

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, sijws said:

accounts banned to date by battleye? 0

accounts flagged to date by battleye? the community would love to know

@MattScott

I'm muzzled on forums so I have to be extra polite and sober or else they don't let me post. It's not so bad, atleast I can't embarrass myself anymore.

Edit: My clever act of sobriety has foiled the admins, I am now un-muzzled.

Edited by Puffdragon

2 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

We'll make a full GS:GO pro-team including 2-3 rotation players to keep the starting line-up on their toes.

giphy.gif

Sounds good to me!

giphy.gif

People are sooo laazy to find info these days

What I understand is LO is fine tuning both a server side and client side anticheat to AVOID having technology ban legit but exceptional players so they don't have to apologize for false banwaves and do mass unbanning again. They are also committed to not providing the toxic environment G1 created by announcing bans or humiliating players who they may decide didn't cheat after all, or who they want to give a chance to... or who they may sadly perma ban.  Basically that part of the administration is between the individual player and the company and none of our business. Look, they have a strat, they invested in a broken game with a very demoralized salty playerbase... and the good news is they are fixing it... but the fix will take some time to deliver.  Enjoy that we have a game which didn't die, and hope.  Right now, sure the same problems in-game are still there, they haven't been fixed... yet.  But they will be... there's a plan, a smart company, and hope.

• Thanks 1

I remember fighting these same cheating fucks 3 years ago, unknown outlawz, so thanks matt for undoing that little something G1 did right. 

Battleye btw.

3eHBvmG.png

• Thanks 4

3) Bans and detection

We are not broadcasting bans, and to be crystal clear - no bans have been implemented.

We took a very conservative approach this weekend. We didn't want a scenario where BE started mass autobanning players for incorrect reasons. We never want to have to mass unban again for some anti-cheat problem. Instead we chose to record and analyze the data, and then we will be processing players accordingly. Moving forward we are also adding extra detections one at a time till we feel the system is running smoothly. 

Anti-cheat will never be perfect. It takes iteration and constant tuning. Little Orbit is firm in our commitment to leverage solid client-side and server-side systems to help us identify and eliminate as many players using unfair advantages as possible, so the rest of us can enjoy the game. We have put our money where our mouth is, and this process will be ongoing.

Having said that, there are some amazing players in the game who have spent years to master very difficult skills. They know the guns and their various parameters. They know the maps and where people tend to go. They know how to use APB's 3rd person camera to attack behind them which can look like a snap. My point is that to the average FPS player, these players can look like cheating. But APB is not an FPS. We need to make sure we don't punish good players.

We appreciate your support.
-ANTI-CHEAT / APB UPDATE STATUS

Uh... let them set their trap... those too dense to play by the rules will lose their miraculous unbanned opportunity. LO is generous, they want to restore the game and revive the population. They have NOT yet put their system to work because they want to be extra cautious setting it up that the detections are based on actual cheats... LO is generous, but they are not stupid.  their plan is for a FAIR game... and a very tight one.  Not only are they fine tuning both a client and server side anticheat... they are planning an Unreal Engine upgrade and eventually to better police those files vulnerable to tampering.  We're not there yet... but the plan is marvelous, better than we could hope for from a new company. LO is a dream come true, but yes... things aren't fixed... yet.

• Like 4

Merged threads since they are same questions/debates/discussions.

@Senpai I do apologize your post isn't top one these mergings are weird.

What happens to all the items they transfer off to other accounts between now and when they get rebanned? Or as is always a problem with apb, From using one account they play"legit" on and just pushing  cash into it from their cheaty accounts. When they play half way smart what actual deterrent is there to prevent them from cheating again and again. New accounts take little time and cost nothing.

7 hours ago, Luminesca said:

I remember fighting these same cheating fucks 3 years ago, unknown outlawz, so thanks matt for undoing that little something G1 did right. 

Battleye btw.

3eHBvmG.png

yikes

ddasdasd *gonna repost*

Edited by Poperon

11 hours ago, sijws said:

IS BATTLEEYE ACTUALLY RUNNING?

you better go catch it

• Thanks 1

Some would say that "He's just experiencing packet losses"

RIGHTTTTTTT BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :classic_rolleyes::classic_unsure:

(Dunno why the forum keeps pulling my separated text from the quote, and adding into the quote. Gave up trying to quote the video that Luminesca posted...)

Edited by Poperon
The new quote system sux b4lls d33p

Sign in to follow this