Sign in to follow this  
asdsadfdfa

Paid Faction Change

I am hoping in the future there are plans to add a paid service where players on Criminal to swap their character to enforcer (or vice versa) provided they had G1C to afford it. I would like to be able to play with me enforcer friend but we both are so attached to our characters and that we have customized the hell out of could never even dream of creating a new character.

The way I imagine it would go would be adding $15 of G1C to my account and purchasing the faction change with my character selected.

The next time I would log on my once Criminal would now be an Enforcer with the same rank, permanent guns, currency, songs, themes, emblems, modifications and I would be favored with the contact equivalents. Criminal only items such as the Charge Mikro Mark II would still be in my inventory but unusable/unequipped.

I can't imagine this feature would be very hard to implement and would make some people very happy to easily migrate.

There's also the thing about server transfers and how that will happen whenever more servers are added but that's for later or maybe you have that already figured out.

• Like 1

From a consumer stand point this would be a good idea. But to LO this would result in them earning less money + the fact that the contacts are different on both sides.

8 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

From a consumer stand point this would be a good idea. But to LO this would result in them earning less money + the fact that the contacts are different on both sides.

I assumed there were contact equivalents on either side. If I was level 5 with Double-b I would be level 5 on the enforcer starter contact no? Or is there an uneven balance of contacts?

13 hours ago, asdsadfdfa said:

I assumed there were contact equivalents on either side. If I was level 5 with Double-b I would be level 5 on the enforcer starter contact no? Or is there an uneven balance of contacts?

well some contacts hand out LTL weapons, so that would be the first issue.

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

well some contacts hand out LTL weapons, so that would be the first issue.

That wouldn't be a problem, since the game already has a faction-checker that can be used to deny Criminals equipping the LTL weapons they acquired.

The best example is the F-Series SJ equipment, which is only obtainable by Criminals. But the check allows Enforcers to use them when bought from the marketplace. Say, the CCG doesn't allow Criminals to officially equip it (they can only use it if it drops from an Enforcer when weapon-drops-from-the-dead are enabled).

unknown.png

You did well mentioning this. The checker is already proper for the CCG and TG-8. LO should adjust it for NL9 and O-PGL CD if they indeed choose to proceed with making faction-swapping on the same character a reality.

Edited by LilyRain

3 hours ago, LilyRain said:

That wouldn't be a problem, since the game already has a faction-checker that can be used to deny Criminals equipping the LTL weapons they acquired.

The best example is the F-Series SJ equipment, which is only obtainable by Criminals. But the check allows Enforcers to use them when bought from the marketplace. Say, the CCG doesn't allow Criminals to officially equip it (they can only use it if it drops from an Enforcer when weapon-drops-from-the-dead are enabled).

unknown.png

You did well mentioning this. The checker is already proper for the CCG and TG-8. LO should adjust it for NL9 and O-PGL CD if they indeed choose to proceed with making faction-swapping on the same character a reality.

I think from a business stand point it's a bad idea. Maybe instead of just being able to buy into another faction just make it like a 3 token system. then after those 3 tokens you're stuck in that faction forever.

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

I think from a business stand point it's a bad idea. Maybe instead of just being able to buy into another faction just make it like a 3 token system. then after those 3 tokens you're stuck in that faction forever.

It could be. Any opportunity to make money that is given out for a single-time payment or for free may indeed be bad for business.

But we must also remember that the current standard in gaming comes with the ability to switch classes and whatnot on the same character and many games achieved this for well over a decade. If LO doesn't ascend APB to modern-standards and decides to have APB continue being in the classic-days and/or practices, many Newcomers would simply steer away from APB as this is important to them. Those Newcomers going away can potentially mean even more money being lost and thus, business sinking.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 1

How about just leveling, customizing, investing, and getting attached to a character in both factions, then switching between them depending on server population like everyone has been doing for the last 10 years?

• Like 1

what's odd is i remeer when i first started they had faction changes, but g1 removed them for some reason i think there reason would be encouraging char slots over leveling repeat times on two players