RuiFilipe

Matchmaking system required - GG 300FPS veterans on bronze. WP

You have a new matchmaking system planned for APB 2.1 (that my computer wouldnt run...) and its more needed RN more than after it turns a top line computers only game. You are thinking for top line pc newbies than for people who already knows the game but just cant find a match for 5FPS computers...

(BTW, we dont know how its going to workout for them on APB 2.1 as they probably will have to wait long before some highend newbie gets matched).

And no, going to empty green districts is not solution for that as they are... EMPTY

• Like 1

Imagine having matchmaking based on FPS 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After 2.1 is live the matchmaking gonna improve by itself cause many players will come back and all threat dist will start filin again.So no rush with the new matchmaking.First we must see if this game gonna be able to get once again thousands of players..

• Like 1

I'd love matchmaking to take ping/fps into account, but I was pretty sure that the Threat System did a pretty good job of sorting those things out.

8 hours ago, Lign said:

Imagine having matchmaking based on FPS 

imagine having 300fps

7 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

After 2.1 is live the matchmaking gonna improve by itself cause many players will come back and all threat dist will start filin again.So no rush with the new matchmaking.First we must see if this game gonna be able to get once again thousands of players..

Matchmaking won’t be fixed even with bigger pop until they implement cross instance. We will still be matched with 40 players 

Lol now I can join but cant have a break just geting instakilled and lose over and over while with APB 2.1 I wouldnt even be able to join as it failed to launch during Beta test so it will keep me out for good.

Now the 1k player base wet dreams:

Imagine new players with top line computers eventualy installing APB 2.1 and then

-> option 1: geting matched asap but geting stomped by vets.

-> option 2: having to wait forever before other low shows up and gets matched.

One of these can lead tonew players with top line computers can just try some of other 2590 shooting games and end up forgeting this wonderfull game they cant understand or accomplish any of the proposed objectives.

Is not my job to understand why I get good and bad match on other games but on APB I only get bad match. Is just my opinion or suggestions.

If it calculates by rank = newbies geting stomped by low rank veterans, calculating by rating = it gets pretty much the same...

Note: you dont see me teling they should match on ping or fps, I just dont say why not. What i meant is, if there is some new matchmaking system for APB 2.1 maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea to try it out on Live version before release of 2.1 version.

Merged.

Or dont... Wichever is just great🤣its fine

🤔 Cross districts doesnt seems possible with current engine and they look too confident about it but.. puting all players on the same pool where we know there will ALWAYS be veterans downthreating hard and wild no matter it calculates ping fps and what not so... 🙄

25 minutes ago, RuiFilipe said:

while with APB 2.1 I wouldnt even be able to join as it failed to launch during Beta test so it will keep me out for good.

whats with this weird assumption that 2.1 is only for "top of the line PCs" ? 

if that was the case than orbit would just release it right now instead of continuing to work on performance optimization 

• Like 1

It dindt worked on my computer but it is low end, its natural it dindt worked. Theres a lot of games I cant play on it and APB is turning into one of them. Is natural, its evolution and hopefuly a good sign.

6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

imagine having 300fps

Imagine having this useless amount on APB u mean 😁

(500+ fps if i don't cap them is easy to reach in CSGO with RTX2080) 

Edited by HighSociety

13 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Green and gold districts NEVER filled. Not then, not now not after the new engine comes out. You have too many ppl abusing the threat system and too low a playerbase.

2 hours ago, HighSociety said:

nice **** bro

8 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Imagine having this useless amount on APB u mean 😁

Never seen big streamers reaching 400fps during match with top end pc and low settings in cs

12 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Green and gold districts NEVER filled. Not then, not now not after the new engine comes out

I doubt about that.I remember when Asylum become permanent map(was 6-7 years ago?)and there was big influx of players on obeya EU server back then.Was for kinda short period but /pop on peak daily hour from 1700-1800 increase to 2500 players and gold districts(dont remember green)both financial and waterfront-was full.So i guess we will see..

Edited by TheMessiah

35 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

I doubt about that.I remember when Asylum become permanent map(was 6-7 years ago?)and there was big influx of players on obeya EU server back then.Was for kinda short period but /pop on peak daily hour from 1700-1800 increase to 2500 players and gold districts(dont remember green)both financial and waterfront-was full.So i guess we will see..

We might be different servers as im Jericho NA. Aside from that failed period where golds were forced into gold dist which brought on the wrath of dethreating green and gold have never been populated in NA. Matter of fact green threat in its entirety has never really seen enough ppl to warent green districts to begin with.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Aside from that failed period where golds were forced into gold dist which brought on the wrath of dethreating

that time wasnt forced was like now anyway

On 11/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, Lign said:

Never seen big streamers reaching 400fps during match with top end pc and low settings in cs

Sure cuz its useless... but a quick google search would show how easy it is to reach.

23 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

that time wasnt forced was like now anyway

It was. There was a small time period where the old G1 made it so that if you were gold threat you couldnt be in any other dist besides a gold dist, if you went gold while playing you were kicked out and forced into gold dist. Since golds didnt want to face others of similar skill lvl they came up with dethreating and this forced move backfired so horribly that G1 was forced to change it to what it is today. However dethreating hasnt stopped cause ppl want to stomp all over newbies.

I see the tags matchmaking, abusers and assholes and am thrilled, rightaway burning to join the discussion about dethreating.

What do i have to suffer? 

Some random third worlder wants fps based mm.

• Like 1

ive never tried playing apb on microsoft powerpoint slides before

for the best possible matchmaking experience, the game should detect the lowest fps player in the mission and artificially limit everyone else's fps to match

9 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

for the best possible matchmaking experience, the game should detect the lowest fps player in the mission and artificially limit everyone else's fps to match

This is terrible and, at the same time, genial idea, lmao 😂