Doper

Improvement to the joining districts phase..

So basically i think that we can all agree its pretty annoying spamming the join district button when its 40/40, I really think in my opinion that we should get a new Que System that will just let you chill instead of monitoring the join district button, Somthing like BF4 style.

Hope to see that feature soon or once more people will pop into the game

• Like 6

I always assumed the reason we dont have a district queue is to encourage people to populate other districts rather than trying to spam the one populated district.

Just a theory though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I always assumed the reason we dont have a district queue is to encourage people to populate other districts rather than trying to spam the one populated district.

Just a theory though.

The encouragement ain't working. Gold districts were empty but there were 2 full silver financials and 1 full waterfront. I wanted to play financial but there were like 0 enfs and 3-4 crims in the gold one, so I wouldn't even have a chance of getting OPP *fake cries*

Just now, ScarecrowXIII said:

The encouragement ain't working. Gold districts were empty but there were 2 full silver financials and 1 full waterfront. I wanted to play financial but there were like 0 enfs and 3-4 crims in the gold one, so I wouldn't even have a chance of getting OPP *fake cries*

Yeah... District stuff is a bit of a mess.

No one wants to be the first to enter a dead district, but until people do just that, districts dont fill up.

Unfortunately, I do not have a solution to this problem.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah... District stuff is a bit of a mess.

No one wants to be the first to enter a dead district, but until people do just that, districts dont fill up.

Unfortunately, I do not have a solution to this problem.

I do, everytime someone clicks join on a full Silver district, send them to the Gold one (most people I've played with/against in Silver are Gold threat anyway)... 80 of the 1 million people clicking that button would then enter a seemingly full "Silver" district and be none the wiser (unless they look at the map number)

Just kidding. Tricking people isn't good, funny as hell though.

Edited by ScarecrowXIII
Cause grammar

Not only change the district joining system, as well as making the districts higher in population helps much more.

Back to 50/50!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Not only change the district joining system, as well as making the districts higher in population helps much more.

Back to 50/50!

Actually things would fix a little if the goldies actually use the gold servers. They have no actual excuse not to use them now.

1 minute ago, Zealocke said:

Actually things would fix a little if the goldies actually use the gold servers. They have no actual excuse not to use them now.

Nobody wants to join an empty district. So even if one or two made the first step, they have no guarantee people will follow then they probably end up leaving for silver districts again.

1 minute ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Nobody wants to join an empty district. So even if one or two made the first step, they have no guarantee people will follow then they probably end up leaving for silver districts again.

Maybe they should consider the proposal of golds could only join gold servers then?.

Just now, Zealocke said:

Maybe they should consider the proposal of golds could only join gold servers then?.

Then the worst golds (ones who are really silver but got unlucky just cause they're barely better than other silvers) would basically be punished until they naturally lose threat (or they intentionally DT if they don't lose gold fast enough) thus ruining the experience for others.

Plus, the skill difference between the worst and best golds is pretty high to begin with so some are actually more comfortable fighting silvers and don't want to be constantly forced into losing battles.

I don't actually care, but those are just some of the arguments I've seen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Then the worst golds (ones who are really silver but got unlucky just cause they're barely better than other silvers) would basically be punished until they naturally lose threat (or they intentionally DT if they don't lose gold fast enough) thus ruining the experience for others.

Plus, the skill difference between the worst and best golds is pretty high to begin with so some are actually more comfortable fighting silvers and don't want to be constantly forced into losing battles.

More than worst and best gold i would differenciate between those who casually reach gold and then go back to silver, and those who are permanently around the gold level. Having a threat system like lol (having 5 tiers in each color) would help things up :).

Just now, Zealocke said:

More than worst and best gold i would differenciate between those who casually reach gold and then go back to silver, and those who are permanently around the gold level. Having a threat system like lol (having 5 tiers in each color) would help things up :).

I don't think we have the population currently to support an extra threat level. If you made a "platinum" threat you'd just end up with a small cadre of players trapped in their own districts.

2 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

IIRC there are 10 tiers per color.

2 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I don't think we have the population currently to support an extra threat level. If you made a "platinum" threat you'd just end up with a small cadre of players trapped in their own districts.

no need to.. just 5 levels of bronze, silver and gold would do. or maybe 3

10 hours ago, Scra4P said:

So basically i think that we can all agree its pretty annoying spamming the join district button when its 40/40, I really think in my opinion that we should get a new Que System that will just let you chill instead of monitoring the join district button, Somthing like BF4 style.

Would be nice yeah...

1 minute ago, Zealocke said:

no need to.. just 5 levels of bronze, silver and gold would do. or maybe 3

What would be the effective difference to the current system? All the golds would still be in the same district and still be facing each other. Threat is already split into invisible sub-divisions.

1 minute ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

What would be the effective difference to the current system? All the golds would still be in the same district and still be facing each other. Threat is already split into invisible sub-divisions.

in theory, if you divide the threat levels in subdivisions then it should make the progress slower. golds could have a server for each subdivision, just cause the difference in skill level is huge.

Rather than splitting servers for sub-divisions, just simply don't pit a full team of high level golds against a mixed team of low-mid golds (ok, mid golds can slide but low golds and high golds are too far apart, I don't think they should be facing each other, now a mix of low-high vs low-high is fine)

i had a match with 4 golds against 2 trainees and 2 bronzies... dear lord this matchmaking....

Just now, Zealocke said:

i had a match with 4 golds against 2 trainees and 2 bronzies... dear lord this matchmaking....

*shrug* APB life

I don't know if threat is the big problem here, I think a good amount of the problem might come from rather how the system uses player time with regards to player progression and how the players have the ability to choose their instance.

In regards to player progression, financial for crims at least, have the top 3 of what I'd consider the 5 highest contacts. Arlon, Tip Toe and gumball. So in terms of grinding and player progression, financial holds more progressive value than waterfront. Last thing a crim needs to do there is birth/Michael which IMO is almost mid game/late game progression.

As for choosing an instance, if all else fails players can be automatically sorted and thrown into districts but that's no fun right? Can't be upset about the choice if the choice isn't there. You'd just be upset with the end result.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:26 AM, ScarecrowXIII said:

If I were only playing against Silvers, and I hit Gold, then getting my patootie handed to me a bit is okay.

But if I am playing against R50 and below Bronzes, and hit Gold.... Yeah, those losers couldn't play against real Golds.

On 6/13/2018 at 7:21 AM, Scra4P said:

I've already suggested that, but the main problem of it is, Stream snipers can easier join by this.