ShepardHS

APB Reloaded may have compatibility issues on PS5

The official PlayStation website just got an upgrade timed with the upcoming PlayStation 5 launch, and it includes an easy to browse library section. User andshrew from ResetEra noticed an API that monitored which games to display based on an internal backward compatibility list, which is a clear view into which games Sony has deemed as not working correctly on the new hardware. Andshrew also published a list that lets users search through the entire catalog to ensure that everything from Killzone Shadow Fall to Streets of Rage 4 made the cut. From that site, user Eoin produced a list of games deemed as "Bootable" but not "Compatible."

APB Reloaded deemed is as "Bootable“. This means that the game can be compatibility problems. Perhaps this only means that the game has not yet been tested.

Source: ScreenrantResetera

LO must start workin on apb for ps5 and the 2 new xbox versions and delay the pc engine release with 5 more years..what about that 🤔

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

Wasting time on a ps/xbox version of the game, was one of the biggest mistakes of G1..

Had they invested that time in improving the PC first, APB would've had betters days  now.

• Like 4

From what I've understood about the upgrade, getting APB onto 3.5 will unify PS4/XB1/PC code bases, they should then be able to get the compatibility with the PS5 after that... The PS5 is only now being released, and the PS4 is still expected to receive new games for around another year.

Due to the architecture of the Xbox Series and PS5 architectures, we should be able to see a better compatibility of games between the 3 main markets, even more so than the PS4 and XB1 have had.

Personally, I think focusing on the PC engine upgrade primarily, and pushing out the content update to PS4/XB1 alongside the PC first, to then ensure compatibility of the game with the new consoles.

The new consoles architectures aren't terribly different from the current console generation, so updating games shouldn't take more effort than converting from PS3 to PS4 or PC to PS4.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, greenfield said:

Wasting time on a ps/xbox version of the game, was one of the biggest mistakes of G1..

Had they invested that time in improving the PC first, APB would've had betters days  now.

There wouldn't be any days to have at all. It's called contractual bindings. No console versions - no deal, no deal - no APB survival, no survival - no LO takeover.

• Like 1

apb and compatibility don't belong in the same sentence

1 hour ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

apb and compatibility don't belong in the same sentence

You cant say incompatibility without compatibility ❤️

17 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

There wouldn't be any days to have at all. It's called contractual bindings. No console versions - no deal, no deal - no APB survival, no survival - no LO takeover.

I doubt it was the case here. I can't image 1 scenario where APB would be put in that position.

As per me, G1 was just seeking for additional revenue, but miscalculating a dozens of factors. 

Edited by greenfield
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greenfield said:

I doubt it was the case here. I can't image 1 scenario where APB would be put in that position.

As per me, G1 was just seeking for additional revenue, but miscalculating a dozens of factors. 

Pretty sure that was what was officially forwarded by G1 when talking about the deal with DS and the console versions.

Can't give you the quotes since old forum and such but feel free to believe what you want.

6 hours ago, greenfield said:

we are talking about a game that's been in the red for years now

i put the failed console release on the console publisher and the dev team they initially had failing to complete the engine upgrade, forcing g1 to step in