Sakebee

Costume Patch Announcement

5 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Mhm.

1. I do what i want and say what i want, inside the rules.

2. "without contributing at all"? Am i wrong or are you blind kiddo looking parrot? LOL, check out my beta feedback, is there for a reason. I contribute much more than how you think. Before accusating someone, think of yourself. (Suggestion)

Isn't on me , dw strange looking 3 milion A troll profile.

If you had any sort of brain activity you would realize that this is on the Halloween costume thread. Did you submit an outfit? No? Interesting. Didn't participate, whines about results, your opinion is invalid. I'm fairly certain as well that any person who reads the forums would recognize AlishaAzure as that [person]. If you hate APB and LO so much, and are so dissatisfied with everything, why are you still here? You always say LO isn't up to par and that it's always going down, but you're still here... I would suggest to you that you go back to that one streamer, think his name was A Kilogram of Skin or something? You'd seem to fit right in there. ;] 

• Like 1

Community clothes are not ok because everyone can make them. Also contacts. They dont have that „feel” if they are made by community. Im sorry but it is just neither entertaining neither interesting to buy/wear these clothes or look at the contacts.

• Like 1

Are we gonna start gatekeeping costumes from community interaction? You're making it difficult to be approachable from the company's side. You'll get less and less interaction and that's gonna be another thing to start complaining about. This is optional, right? What's the fuss then?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Pufty said:

Are we gonna start gatekeeping costumes from community interaction? You're making it difficult to be approachable from the company's side. You'll get less and less interaction and that's gonna be another thing to start complaining about. This is optional, right? What's the fuss then?

Some things should be gatekept. Quality clothing that fits with APB and shows community creations are it's greatest is certainly one of them.

• Like 2

yikes lol

this is what i dont like about apb.. there is too much freedom in customizing which allows people to make super out of place and ugly looking shit lmao

Edited by Motorola

No offense to the creators but these outfits are just really bad. Not only do they not fit in with APB at all but they also just have no real creativity behind them. Its just a bunch of preset symbols and recolored clothing pieces. I'm not a designer myself but even I can say that these aren't any good and especially not Joker Store tier good. Sorry.

• Like 3

@Sakebee

are you listen to the community before releasing outfits that no one like?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

@Sakebee

are you listen to the community before releasing outfits that no one like?

You cant blame LO for no one entering the contest. 

Congrats to the winners. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You cant blame LO for no one entering the contest. 

Congrats to the winners. 

Why was a random contest, that almost no one knew about because it was only advertised in the events forum section and hosted by the community chosen for actual APB content rather than an actual APB contest then.

• Like 1

LOL, 750jt. This contest was doomed from the start simply because they wanted to try and sell the outfits afterwards. So if you did something cool with body paint or something that would only look good with body paint you were not going to be picked. 

Its stuff like this is why people are loosing faith in LO. 

The engine is their golden goose and I wouldn’t expect anything good until it arrives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Why was a random contest, that almost no one knew about because it was only advertised in the events forum section and hosted by the community chosen for actual APB content rather than an actual APB contest then.

it was advertised in the blog and in a pinned post here in the social subforum

Im horrible when it comes to customizing clothes but im pretty sure even ive done better on an outfit or 2 over the yrs compared to these

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pufty said:

gatekeeping isn't necessarily bad, but in this case it's not even a matter of gatekeeping. it's a matter of having any amount of standards for what's being released. if we're going by "community created" outfits then go by the ones that the community actually voted for. even in a vacuum of naming it "community created" it doesn't make any sense how some of these outfits were added since it's pretty obvious that the community do not agree with these choices.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Some things should be gatekept. Quality clothing that fits with APB and shows community creations are it's greatest is certainly one of them.

7 hours ago, Voerman said:

gatekeeping isn't necessarily bad, but in this case it's not even a matter of gatekeeping. it's a matter of having any amount of standards for what's being released. if we're going by "community created" outfits then go by the ones that the community actually voted for. even in a vacuum of naming it "community created" it doesn't make any sense how some of these outfits were added since it's pretty obvious that the community do not agree with these choices.

I don't disagree that some quality standard needs to be set at certain points, but it's the first time I'm seeing something crop up from LO like this and it doesn't seem to be the last time it's going to happen. I just keep noticing them trying different things for community interaction. You seem to understand that you can do better or that someone else can do better, but half the playerbase may not even be approachable. I understood this as a start to something, like CET and their streams. The streams looked like they could be improved visually, but for the beginning I really just appreciate the effort. Quality or standard can come over time as more people are familiar with the costume theme integration and can come up with their own for the next time.

I just feel that the community hasn't really changed perspective from the old ownership, by continuing to be toxic or just have this 'reasonable doubt'. I could understand why the dislike reaction was removed, but makes me feel that it should come back a time later... when the brainded get bored and can't exploit the red button.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Pufty said:

I don't like your attitude right now.

when the winners win by slapping preset decals all over their entries and only use 1-2 colors for the whole suit. /facepalm

Lets be real here who participated this costume contest? 

I get it those who participated and think they should had won are mad at those winners, it's an opinion LO thinks these were the winners, but than there's those who didn't even participated in the contest are criticizing the results. Like why does it matter if you can design better Halloween outfits why don't you enter? Halloween is going to be over in a few days man no one is going to wear that crap on their characters. Christmas is coming soon so you should prepare an outfit for that if you want to win the next costume contest.

who knows maybe there weren't that many participates and 80% of the outfit designs were crap or didn't meet the criteria.

The main focus here is LO you need to make better clothing on Armas because that's where the real $$$ comes from. 

Edited by Deadliest

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't like your attitude right now.

Agree to disagree and leave it at that.

• Like 2

I 100% agree with Pufty here. Also, winners were chosen. What people forget here are that there are actual humans sitting there reading through all this shit and i can imagine that they feel really upset right now. This forum became a place of negativity and makes me avoid it as good as i can while others are farming their post counters with content that have zero value nor contribute to anything.

Consequences would be to only use it for announcement purposes rather than actual tool for community projects and interaction as sad as it is and i hope that Little Orbit will keep working with those who are really interested in creating a nice community environment. Because, as @Pufty stuff like this makes it harder for LO to approach us if the reaction they get is THIS. 

• Like 2

@Pufty To be honest: I wouldnt mind more moderation and a closer look on what people post and how they treat each other. You can surely say that you don't like any of those costumes but you can do that without making anyone feel like shit. And there are definitely people that have contributed nothing to this contest in any way. 

You can say that standards should be a little higher next time and suggest improvement. You can always do such things without upsetting people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

I 100% agree with Pufty here. Also, winners were chosen. What people forget here are that there are actual humans sitting there reading through all this shit and i can imagine that they feel really upset right now. This forum became a place of negativity and makes me avoid it as good as i can while others are farming their post counters with content that have zero value nor contribute to anything.

Consequences would be to only use it for announcement purposes rather than actual tool for community projects and interaction as sad as it is and i hope that Little Orbit will keep working with those who are really interested in creating a nice community environment. Because, as @Pufty stuff like this makes it harder for LO to approach us if the reaction they get is THIS. 

>"this focus became a place of negativity and makes me avoid it as good as i can"

>posts anyway

>"while others are farming their post counters with content that have zero value nor contribute to anything"

>literally posts just to complain about the people complaining, and somehow having even less of a point except 'abloobloo my precious sensibilities'

ok my guy. you can't sit on that high horse while beating it's carcass at the same time. kind of have to pick one or the other.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Imagine if the moderators actually, you know, moderated. Course, that would also require Little Orbit to stop pandering to the worst / most toxic individuals in this community. I don't see MattScott owning up to that though, he seems fully content with the toxicity that pervades this place.

as a former forum moderator on these very forums, unless LO has drastically changed many of the forum rules and guidelines - not a single rule has been broken and no moderator intervention should be necessary. are people a bit heavy-handed with their comments? yes, that's always been the case however. there is literally nothing wrong with people being iffed about the winning submissions. in fact, considering the sheer amount of negativity towards this specific topic, one could make the correlation that something being framed as a community event had rather little to do with the community outside of the submissions themselves. but that'd be crazy, right?

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Voerman said:

-snip-

You seem to have missed that my post was made as a general statement, not specifically directed at this thread's topic.

11 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Yes. Humans that should be shamed. Shame is a powerful tool.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

At last now finally get an way to have some Legwarmers for free, even as preset one, this is the only thing that called my attention on this, maybe the Stovepipe Hat too on bundle one (not an black color but its close), but this all, the rest of thing are soo meeh or not special at all .

5 hours ago, Voerman said:

as a former forum moderator on these very forums, unless LO has drastically changed many of the forum rules and guidelines - not

I should prefect this with Voerman was one that back the 'What is spam' stickied at the top of the Colby subforum. You can't trust this man, especially as an old mod.

20 hours ago, Motorola said:

when the winners win by slapping preset decals all over their entries and only use 1-2 colors for the whole suit. /facepalm

That's what happens when you judge a contest by forum upvotes rather than actual quality.

• Like 1