Spy

Halloween glitching 2020 on Citadel

It's almost in every single match that a number of players (at least on financial) tries or is actually glitching themself in a spot where he cannot be hit. When is a GM going to do what he's payed for and patrol the halloween districts for a change? It makes it a bit more fair for those who actually want to play the legit way if the glitchers would be gone.

PS: And don't give me that crap 'report them and they'll be delt with', that sh!t doesn't help while the event is ongoing.

Edited by Spy

No offense for LO, but they never fixed one single glitch about halloween spots, so i don't blame you, i blame them.

Always been like that also with G1, but at least they were banning peoples Permanently. 🙂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It's been like this for the past what, 5 years now?

yea but the last 2 years there has been a gm on to witness it and report / ban (i donno if the gm banned the player abusing it or if his report just got expidited as he is a gm) the player abusing it , this year, no gm on at all , so nothing is being done about it

2 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

yea but the last 2 years there has been a gm on to witness it and report / ban (i donno if the gm banned the player abusing it or if his report just got expidited as he is a gm) the player abusing it , this year, no gm on at all , so nothing is being done about it

There were GM's banning instantly and watching the situation, from G1, since LO joined Nah.

Edited by AlishaAzure

Meanwhile I get kicked for being "afk" while shooting other players.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It's been like this for the past what, 5 years now?

It's a bit desperate that after half a decade of running the same event every year we still need GMs to prevent players from bugging out to silly locations.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

It's a bit desperate that after half a decade of running the same event every year we still need GMs to prevent players from bugging out to silly locations.

To be fair, it's probably the "it's possible so it must be okay" crowd again who blames GMs for not fixing the locations, rather than blame themselves for being trashy players who don't like following the CoC. Every time I see someone doing something glitchy/loophole/exploity they always use that explanation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

To be fair, it's probably the "it's possible so it must be okay" crowd again who blames GMs for not fixing the locations, rather than blame themselves for being trashy players who don't like following the CoC. Every time I see someone doing something glitchy/loophole/exploity they always use that explanation.

To some, if they can, then they should... I still remember playing against someone who exploited a bug that glitched them into a building...

fun times... I had a recording of that somewhere, not sure if I can find it. feel like rewatching it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

To some, if they can, then they should... I still remember playing against someone who exploited a bug that glitched them into a building...

fun times... I had a recording of that somewhere, not sure if I can find it. feel like rewatching it.

That bug was fixed like 2015/2016, but yeah it used to be common af, you don't have to worry about glitched items into walls anymore (unless someone did it recently), just nonsense like VIP being where they shouldn't or items ramped to unfixed "no timer" locations (which have slowly been fixed), that is aside from the movement speed bypasses. I did end up reporting some guy today for being on a building he shouldn't be. Pretty sure he did the same thing last event as well, but I haven't seen the hammer on anyone for doing so which is a shame.

Ah reminds me of the times when you could crouch spam and climb like a spider up buildings EZ Clap

agree, with Spy, i saw a lot of people using this stupid glitch.

but as i know, the devs. won't answer here 💤

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

While we are here desperate, LO is silent, like always they do.

True. It would be differend if there was an error in the armas store.

There is one also in Waterfront, but pumpkin army won as well.
Cause they are strong 😄 

17 hours ago, Spy said:

When is a GM going to do what he's payed for and patrol the halloween districts for a change?

you need to read up on some things bud

3 hours ago, Gateron said:

Ah reminds me of the times when you could crouch spam and climb like a spider up buildings EZ Clap

That shit was hilarious and fun

5 hours ago, Spy said:

True. It would be differend if there was an error in the armas store.

OF COURSE! haha! They would Instantly fix it, another thing you noted is Armas never have problems, and when it have those it gets fixed ASAP, LOL.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

OF COURSE! haha! They would Instantly fix it, another thing you noted is Armas never have problems, and when it have those it gets fixed ASAP, LOL.

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it's a bit easier to fix a website than it is to fix whatever else it is you've decided to fuzzy bunny about today. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it's a bit easier to fix a website than it is to fix whatever else it is you've decided to fuzzy bunny about today. 

That's the thing,  we know that a fix will take time,  in the meantime they could have the gms or devs monitor the players abusing this exploit and kick / ban them, its not fair that some people are trying to get the rewards the legit way and some are cheating and don't have to worry at all,  its telling the players new and old that cheating is good and that little orbit doesnt ban / take action about it

1 hour ago, ShaiShai said:

That's the thing,  we know that a fix will take time,  in the meantime they could have the gms or devs monitor the players abusing this exploit and kick / ban them, its not fair that some people are trying to get the rewards the legit way and some are cheating and don't have to worry at all,  its telling the players new and old that cheating is good and that little orbit doesnt ban / take action about it

I dont really know what the policy is or how it's being handled, but I do agree glitchers should be punished. 

18 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Whilst I'm also no fan of players using exploits in these events (as well in action districts) the fact is APB's maps have so many different areas in them that you can bug your way up to or launch yourself with a car. The only saving grace is that most people don't know how to access these areas/they're not generally useful all the time.

The out of bounds system realistically needs to be re-examined, and more blocking volumes put into the maps (For people who are in missions/events, leave people who are messing around alone).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You guessed wrong, spectating ingame is way more easy then fixing a website.

26 minutes ago, Spy said:

You guessed wrong, spectating ingame is way more easy then fixing a website.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant website vs making glitching impossible. 

I dont know what GM do or dont do, or what their orders are. 

Tbh the cheaters are much worse than few guys having fun in almost decade old event :^).