Lign

Make all contacts available across all districts

With current pop when only one district is alive, it's not possible to lvl characters

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yup, but such a small change is probably super difficult like everything else and they won't bother doing it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Yup, but such a small change is probably super difficult like everything else and they won't bother doing it.

I don't think it's difficult, as you're able to pledge any contact without coming to him. They need to just allow it doing everywhere

11 minutes ago, Lign said:

I don't think it's difficult, as you're able to pledge any contact without coming to him. They need to just allow it doing everywhere

That is if it even works like that behind the scenes. Never know what spaghetti code might be back there in that section.

I Agree. That is the one thing that would really help in player retention, players grinding for levels and joker tickets

The pop is so low that people can barely grind joker jobs, and only criminals can progress thru the contacts in the dead district for that day. Meaning that both Fin and WF have become a much harder grind (in the past only WF had this issue)

You have to go play where ever you see people, including having to play in silver because that's the only place populated. 

The pop has actually come up a bit for the Event, so its not that its a temp effect because evy1 playin the Event.

This has been a problem for years but the last few months its been worse. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lign said:

And that's mostly the problem, many people consider it to be a easy thing to set out and get done while it may require a lot of technical redesign under the hood to allow those things to happen. Everything right now is designed from a concept or idea and going out of that path might need 4-5 steps back into the code to make it start working from there on.

Not saying I disagree with the idea however, it would be better for the Jericho server players and APB in general.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

And that's mostly the problem, many people consider it to be a easy thing to set out and get done while it may require a lot of technical redesign under the hood to allow those things to happen. Everything right now is designed from a concept or idea and going out of that path might need 4-5 steps back into the code to make it start working from there on.

Not saying I disagree with the idea however, it would be better for the Jericho server players and APB in general.

I agree that it might be hard but in my mind that system works like these npc contacts are just placeholders upon triggers that open contact menu. And these menus have just a flag for a district where it can be opened. So, I believe they need just to set up flag for both districts

Edited by Lign

1 minute ago, Lign said:

I agree that it might be hard but in my mind that system works like these npc contacts are just placeholders upon triggers that open contact menu. And these menus have just a flag for a district where it can be opened. So, I believe they need just to set up flag for both districts

That is your estimation (and mine) but it might not be the reality. I don't know exactly how those technical details work.

3 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

That is your estimation (and mine) but it might not be the reality. I don't know exactly how those technical details work.

Only engineers know so ask LO directly for this, because it is 50/50 chance to happen upon request

They probably hope that it won't be needed with new MM and hopefully bigger population so it's unlikely it's going to happen before the 2.1 goes live

I think it would be best to have them all available in any given district. Maybe apply a bonus to prestige for contacts in their correct district?

31 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

I think it would be best to have them all available in any given district. Maybe apply a bonus to prestige for contacts in their correct district?

That would be the correct thing to do. 100% standing gains regardless of district, but something like 120% if pledged in their home district.

HVR gamers don't like this post (everyone will probably start playing financial only, and waterfront will be forever empty).

I agree with OP tho.