Turnt420

Guns that do the most hard damage for drive bys

Since the headless horseman event is a bunch of chasing without car surf what weapons do the most hard damage from out of the windows? Side topic whats this heads in on the highway i hear all the time?

Accounting for effective range, hard dmg per shot, accuracy and rate of fire, I would imagine the NSSW to be a good bet.

Unless you can use the Eurayle out the window. I assume you can't, but I haven't tried.

39 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Accounting for effective range, hard dmg per shot, accuracy and rate of fire, I would imagine the NSSW to be a good bet.

Unless you can use the Eurayle out the window. I assume you can't, but I haven't tried.

obeya cr762 does more hard damage than nssw, and nop, euryale can't be used out of the window..

Edited by Uhtdred

27 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

obeya cr762 does more hard damage than nssw, and nop, euryale can't be used out of the window..

Does a bit more damage per shot, yes, but I reckon the average player is going to get more ordanance down range with the NSSW to make up for it.

NSSW can't be used out windows, unless that's changed in the past few years...

ISSR-B / Obeya CR762 should be pretty solid. ISSR-B isn't as good as it used to but can still blow up cars quite easily

8 hours ago, Frosi said:

ISSR-B / Obeya CR762 should be pretty solid. ISSR-B isn't as good as it used to but can still blow up cars quite easily

The actual hard damage DPS is probably higher on the CR762 now. Faster firing with a slightly bigger mag size, and also doesn't need to stop firing to recover accuracy after a few shots.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 5:44 AM, Frosi said:

ISSR-B isn't as good as it used to but can still blow up cars quite easily

This is true but still need to retrain my brain to not panic when I hear a passenger start "psss, psss, psss"ing at my car. Just like the DMR AV and ALIG, you become afraid of certain sounds when "safe" inside a vehicle.

On 10/26/2020 at 5:13 AM, Hexerin said:

NSSW can't be used out windows, unless that's changed in the past few years...

I really wished that was a thing, they had me excited for a minute there. Although I have the barrel-mag version but I'm assuming since I haven't seen the banana-mag version leaning out of any windows I'm going to go with that version can't be used as a passenger either. 

Now the Rabid - I think that's the only LMG that can be used out of a window - it's Hard Damage is pretty weak, but like the NSSW, you're equipped to put more lead down-range than the CR762, but considering the speed of most car chases - I'd go with the CR over LMG, most vehicles aren't in shot long enough to take advantage of a 50+ round mag.

HOWEVER I'd like to take this opportunity to once again shamelessly plug my fantastic idea to turn the poor Espacio into Gunships! - now use of the poor Espacio didn't come up much in the event, not nearly as much as the Vegas or Pioneer, but they were around and it would have been really awesome to have had them given an advantage about those other two reigning champions because being a rear passenger in a van is pretty lame except for those few circumstances where your side of the vehicle is facing the enemy. 

With the growing hatred of Car Surfer and calls for CA3 to be standard, maybe a Player Mod Revamp/Redesign is on the horizon, so I think gunships would be a good solution to us Heavy Weapon users who sometimes feel the need to stop camping corners and venture outside a bit. 

That said, I do like how the front passenger is higher than the rear door dweller - this made for no friendly fire incidents between passengers, although a few times my shots seemed to go through them so I'm wondering if FF was just not turned on which was probably more likely the case than the Espacios actually been advantageous to use in these (too frequent) arenas where my beloved Car Surfer is disabled. 

16 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Although I have the barrel-mag version but I'm assuming since I haven't seen the banana-mag version leaning out of any windows I'm going to go with that version can't be used as a passenger either.

The Kraken is literally just a pre-modded NSSW. It will function identically to a normal NSSW that's been given the same mods. These guns were created long before G1/RG started making gimmick guns.

• Like 1

Since I actually compared my NSSW to an ALIG that a friend was using (both without mods for testing) we found that that ALIG did more damage per shot, though I believe the NSSW's rof was slightly (measureable but not significant) faster... So an ALIG probably would be a better choice that I've found...

Potentially wrong here, but this is from personal research.

3 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Potentially wrong here, but this is from personal research.

Why bother testing, when the information is readily available?

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_LMG_ALIG762

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_LMG_NSSW

ALIG:

- 74.3 hard damage per shot

- 0.180 fire interval

- roughly ~412.78 hard damage per second

NSSW:
- 29.5 hard damage per shot

- 0.155 fire interval

- roughly ~190.32 hard damage per second

There isn't even a remote competition between them. All that being said, neither of these weapons are relevant to the topic at hand, as neither can be used while hanging out a vehicle window.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3

this thread wouldnt even be a thing if the stats of each weapon were displayed within the game instead of on a website (apbdb.com)

3 minutes ago, Motorola said:

this thread wouldnt even be a thing if the stats of each weapon were displayed within the game instead of on a website 

in game stats would be sick 

5 hours ago, Motorola said:

this thread wouldnt even be a thing if the stats of each weapon were displayed within the game instead of on a website (apbdb.com)

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

in game stats would be sick 

wE alREadY hAVe inGaMe sTAts

RfYOAiQ.png

kappa.png.e398d66d3e535a4ef1749287f8f868

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

RfYOAiQ.png

Hmm that gives me an idea, gonna go edit something together.

2 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

RfYOAiQ.png

true

4 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

RfYOAiQ.png

There's also that equally super effective Compare option when sorting through your Weapons Locker...

12 hours ago, Motorola said:

Bethesda logic. Why do it themselves when the players can do it for them?

Enable the line feed command "\n" on the weapons description UI element and I can get all the weapon stats added to the descriptions cleanly.