Todesklinge

Clotting Agent = Overpowered

1 minute ago, Uhtdred said:

OP straight called CA overpowered, he didn't say "CA fills the requeriments of what OP means".

what are you talking about????

Yeah, because I said that he has a point, and I elaborated on it.

Goodbye.

Just now, GhosT said:

Yeah, because I said that he has a point, and I elaborated on it.

Goodbye.

You and the OP think CA is overpowered, it's ok...

we're all wrong except you two.

Just now, Uhtdred said:

You and the OP think CA is overpowered, it's ok...

we're all wrong except you two.

If you could read, you would know that I don't think CA is overpowered.

Shoot me a DM on here or Discord if you wanna continue whining, let's not clutter up the thread with you being upset, aight?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GhosT said:

If you could read, you would know that I don't think CA is overpowered.

Shoot me a DM on here or Discord if you wanna continue whining, let's not clutter up the thread with you being upset, aight?

If you could read, you would also know you called CA overpowered.

Sorry, I don't chat in discord with people that think CA is overpowered.

• Like 1

Maybe Clotting Agent can be "balanced", because its just pushes the regular game mechanic, by increase the HP regeneration.

But this is allready the best of the best.

See at Flak Jacket, do we want realy a game full of high explosive spaming?

Fragile is killing the mission system, because if you are very fast you can finish most of the tasks solo... and against this, Kevlar have no chance to reach the point to defend or wathever.

Kevlar is my favorit because ich play in every game thr part of the Tank = more HP or Armor.

But Kevlar works not so fine how it should. In the past time, most weapons have dealed over damage, so Kevlar 3 have no effect.

The idea of the 1000 damage NHVR is based on, because we have 2 same sniper, one with more damage (NHVR) and one with lesser damage (HVR), but both can kill player with two shots.

But here comes the problem, CA can regenerate so much HP in relative short time to survive two hits.

Kevlar can only survive 2-3 hits from HVR, but just 2 hits from NHVR... and with Kevlars slower movement you are a much easier target for the sniper (like a slow duck you know?).

Also give the big Sniper NHVR 1000 damage, but poor accuracy and ammo = high risk = high reward.

Same for the rocket launcher.

Kevlar can survive one missile (why? I mean we have Flak Jacket for this part)

Whatever... i am happy to survive a missile but it is not real/ok for game balancing.

Kevlar should have more ammo resistances.

Flak Jacket more explosive and other resustances.

Clotting Agent should have a bit lesser resistances to make other mods more of interesting.

• Thanks 1

Well, it's not exactly that it's "OP".... but there actually is something to it, in a way. See, new players don't have access to it so they are at a pretty big disadvantage facing higher ranks/experienced players who has it. Being new and low rank is hard enough and then having much slower health regen on top of that makes it even harder. It's so strong that you sort of have to use it.

Edited by Cr0

7 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Kevlar is my favorit because ich play in every game thr part of the Tank = more HP or Armor.

This isn't world of warcraft my dude

You aren't meant to be a "tank" in this game where most weapons kill in a second or less

EDIT: I have figured out a conclusive solution for his problem. LO needs to implement "Todesklinge Kevlar" only available to Todesklinge.

Todesklinge kevlar gives the benefit of Kevlar without a movement reduction, increased health regeneration similar to CA3 and explosive damage reduction like Flak Jacket.

Downside is Todesklinge can only use percussion grenades, but he has 15 of them with instant resupply for all of them.

Edited by ColorBauss
  • Like 5

...well done, LO!

Enjoy this type of quality forum content from now on.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

...well done, LO!

Everything is POSITIVE, no more NEGATIVE vibes and feelings.

let me mark it as „thanks”, its all I can do

16 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

...well done, LO!

Wait... is sarcasm still allowed on the forum?

Pff, but OP however silver or bronze he might be is right. CA is a man's choice because we lack better alternatives.

I equipped Ca3 10 years ago and didn't change it since then, I think most of you did the same.

I would rather see CA being implemented into a character because apparently almost entirely of players like slower buy faster kicking in healing, and make the rest of green mods without drawbacks.

So I can have my healing up and

I can run a bit faster, or

I can reduce explosive damage, or

I have a bit more health, or

Maybe something new like being resistant to certain bullet types, or some shit?

With a system like that everything could be useful, takeouts probably with flack jackets as it is endless nade spam, scavenger probably fragile as you often have to run quite a bit or a kevler to live a bit longer as VIP.

It baffles be how closed minded you people are, green mod is CA dominated, blue mode is VT dominated and you cannot use any other mod because there is either an annoying drawback or simply lack of anything useful.

Yet all of you imbeciles can do is bash other players for pointing the obvious.

Maybe new ammo types for weapons.

High explosive ammo, so Flak Jacket becomes more important.

Armor piercing ammo to break Armor/Kevlar.

Poison ammo to reduces health regen.

Shock ammo to reduces movement and aiming (maybe).

There are much possibilitys to make some mods more important to use.

Useless weapons can get new ammo types to become more important to the general game balancing.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:28 AM, Todesklinge said:

Maybe Clotting Agent can be "balanced", because its just pushes the regular game mechanic, by increase the HP regeneration.

How about we adjust the whole of the green mods and not focus only on nerfing/buffing one since CA is the current meta?

While I agree that CA is obviously much much more widespread than any other green mod, as others have said, it's likely because that other mods don't have enough going for them to justify the risk of slower movement or reduced health compromising on faster healing. It's because that's how the game has been designed due to the weapon balancing.

But this is allready the best of the best.

See at Flak Jacket, do we want realy a game full of high explosive spaming?

Flak Jacket literally reduces the amount of grenades you use, and unless you're using Low-yields, you're basically got 1 opportunity to make a grenade work. Lots of players don't want to afford that risk, thus most don't use it.

Fragile is killing the mission system, because if you are very fast you can finish most of the tasks solo... and against this, Kevlar have no chance to reach the point to defend or wathever.

Fragile reduces the amount of health you have. I unironically main this green mod myself, but the cut down amount of health definitely puts me at a disadvantage. Higher movement speed only helps if you're using a heavy weapon... pretty much a LMG or HVR/DMR, especially if you're in a group where you're not needed to be a front-line attacker for your team.

But Kevlar works not so fine how it should. In the past time, most weapons have dealed over damage, so Kevlar 3 have no effect.

I see no signs of this even being remotely true. TTK has iirc, over time been reduced since the game's inception. Which actually is a net gain in damaged dealt... not a net loss...

The idea of the 1000 damage NHVR is based on, because we have 2 same sniper, one with more damage (NHVR) and one with lesser damage (HVR), but both can kill player with two shots.

There are 3 (4) snipers in the game. You have:

DMR and variants.
NVHR 762 and variants
NHVR 243 and variants

Anubis (I forget the original one but w/e it's based off of) and variants.

These three snipers have different specs. The 762 version of the NHVR that you're referring to as needing more damage was literally nerfed to 800 from 850 in the previous weapon balance. That's because there's the issue of quick switching.

Asking for "headshots" or 1 hit kills destroy the game's entire mechanics. Everything in this game is designed for characters to have a single - unified hitbox, and no (non-explosive) weapon has ever, nor should ever, deal enough damage to kill a player in 1 shot.

But here comes the problem, CA can regenerate so much HP in relative short time to survive two hits.

Kevlar can only survive 2-3 hits from HVR, but just 2 hits from NHVR... and with Kevlars slower movement you are a much easier target for the sniper (like a slow duck you know?).

Yes, kevlar makes you a harder target to hit.

That's the point???

CA still requires you to take cover. If you're hit 2x in a row by a 243 or 762 NVHR in optimum range, CA doesn't protect you from that (and I don't believe kevlar does either)

Also give the big Sniper NHVR 1000 damage, but poor accuracy and ammo = high risk = high reward.

What?

You're saying... make a sniper... inaccurate... did a fuse blow or something?

No. In no way, shape or form should this change ever be made.

Same for the rocket launcher.

Kevlar can survive one missile (why? I mean we have Flak Jacket for this part)

Whatever... i am happy to survive a missile but it is not real/ok for game balancing.

Congratz? Play style and player ability help you far more against explosive weapons than a green mod. Though the green mods do help... I don't see the point you're trying to help yourself with here... this example would actually support those who think Kev. is balanced against CA....

Kevlar should have more ammo resistances.

Flak Jacket more explosive and other resustances.

Clotting Agent should have a bit lesser resistances to make other mods more of interesting.

Maybe modify the green mods to have resistances... that's an interesting proposition, and something that could be an applicable idea... Now, would it be good or not? I can't say... that would require more analysis of the game.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:23 AM, PotatoeGirl said:

Looks like people hear "overpowered" and are losing their mind. 

Lets be real here. Is there even a reason to use anything else other than Clotting Agent? If one skill is way more useful than others of the same type, how is that called? 

makes all the other versions and other green mods "redundant" and "unnecessary" it doesnt make CA3 "overpowered" at all.

Like 95% of players use CA2 or 3. Not using it puts you at a disadvantage in comparison. Developers have to balance guns based off of the assumption that all players use CA.

For anyone who says it's not OP or broken, name a single instance where you would prefer not using CA over using it, and if applicable, have you actually done so in practice?