Todesklinge

Clotting Agent = Overpowered

Hello Little Orbit!

Why you dont nerf the most overpowered green character modification in the game? "Clotting Agent".

I have take some view, how much player use Clotting Agent in the game.

Today: Baylan Shipyard.

20vs20

4 Players without a green modification.

Me with Kevlar 3.

= 33 Player left with Clotting Agent (most of them with 3 and just a few with 2)!

APB 2.1 is ok, but why we dont get any balancing updates???

What is the sense green character modifications if there is only one to use? Clotting Agent.

I see another problem. To finish off an opponent i have used a CSG-20 with one shot + one Perc to kill them.

Now i need one CSG-20 shot + 2x Perc to finish off the enemy.

Why you have maked Percs usless in the game?

But Concurrsion Grenade can destroy a Car with one grenade?

Why you dont fix this?

Concurrsion Grenade makes every anti vehicle weapon total useless in the game.

Grenades dont need a primary weapon slot!

• Like 4

I can't believe I just read clotting agent is OP......

Percs aren't useless, but I wish they were tbh

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 3

This calls for a green mod rework thread in the Suggestions subforum!!!

The fact you've mentioned you're using kevlar and percs... kinda makes this sound like a joke.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

why cant you just bump the dozen other threads youve already made about this same thing?

• Like 2

I want Clotting agent to be gone, since it's clear you're at a disadvantage if you don't use it.

6 hours ago, Cuve said:

The fact you've mentioned you're using kevlar and percs... kinda makes this sound like a joke.

I CANT USE HAHAHA EMOJY ON THIS ONE, WHY LO?!

This guy is on drugs or smth

Its called OP if one is superior, compared to other (in same class).

This game need more balancing updates to make the game better.

Why so much people on the forum defending an unbalanced game mechanic?

Why not use another modification?

The only option is to use Clotting Agent too?

We have 4 green mods, but i can ONLY use Clotting Agent to play the game, because its OP?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

We have 4 green mods, but i can ONLY use Clotting Agent to play the game, because its OP?

Who deffends that?! 
people are smart enough to understand that right now only EU matters. Go post this on suggestions for once

come on i hope its trolling ! 

Clotting Agent ? OP ?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d7e5jlgpwe8dyc3c5l

Looks like people hear "overpowered" and are losing their mind. 

Lets be real here. Is there even a reason to use anything else other than Clotting Agent? If one skill is way more useful than others of the same type, how is that called? 

Edited by PotatoeGirl
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Because the whole weapon balance is made around using clotting agent. Changing that mod can implement some consequences. The game has quite fast ttk and playing without CA is annoying and a bit different experience. You can’t re-pick the corner while having low hp. You can’t take tiny damage by nades while baiting your enemy throwing them. There’re much more situations like that

Edited by Lign

Just out of curiosity - do you ever consider the possibility that if everyone around you keeps disagreeing with you, it's not everyone around you who's wrong?

I've lost count of how many threads you've created about this specific topic, and every single time people tell you that no, Clotting Agent is not overpowered - it's you who's gimping themself by opting to use Kevlar Implants 3.

Once again, from the top (not that I expect you to actually take any of this into consideration; if several threads later you're still holding the same opinion, you won't change it no matter how much time someone spends on explaining this to you):

• CA3 is meta for a reason - its health regen delay decrease lets the user dive back into combat earlier than if they were to sit for the default 8 seconds before their health starts regenerating. The actual delay takes more time, but sometimes regenerating just a small part of the lost health allows the player to resume combat.
  • KI3 is out of the meta because it's a decrease to player speed in a game largely based around mobility. Its health benefit is not meant to let you tank three SHAW mags - it's meant to be a slight edge for specific situations. You get slightly more health, but the cost of it is that you move slower to the point where other players could literally run circles around you. I'd risk saying that it's Kevlar that's underpowered, not Clotting Agent that's overpowered.

Have you considered evaluating why you keep losing fights to other players? Have you ever considered that it's not other people's equipment that is at fault, but your playstyle? You're describing to us that you can't kill people with a single shotgun pump and a percussion grenade anymore, which really only makes me think that you expect to be some sort of an unstoppable force capable of just moving forward and effortlessly killing everyone while they deal scratch damage - in which case I can only recommend that you play a singleplayer FPS game with an invincibility cheat. Those are more adjusted to letting players stomp enemies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

everything you said about doing 1 shot csg + perc doesn't even work when your enemy is using flak jacket.

so there u  got your answer, nope, CA isn't the only good green mod, flak jacket is also good.

While it is important to know & acknowledge the ups and downs of a single load-out item such as Clotting_Agent or Kevlar, the entirety of the load-out can matter more.

Back in August, the med-spray consumable was changed to heal TWICE as fast as it used to.

While this change is debatable, that is a different discussion. You should know how utilize it in your favour for the time being.

Yes, this change made clotting agent exceptionally more useful when paired with med-spray (which is the questionable part), but you must also remember that other green mods already benefited greatly from med-spray before that change and this is where the good part for you is situated.

While I do not recommend Players to use Kevlar unless their load-out complements it and they REALLY know when to advance/hold (or car-gameplay), you'd be surprised how good med-spray + Kevlar can be in good hands that properly utilize cover.

Just be mindful that every med-spray activation equals $400 (or 4 car spawns, 4 rockets, or any other measure), so you won't be making $APB as easily when playing this way if that's one of your goals.

On 10/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, PotatoeGirl said:

Looks like people hear "overpowered" and are losing their mind. 

Lets be real here. Is there even a reason to use anything else other than Clotting Agent? If one skill is way more useful than others of the same type, how is that called? 

Thats right.

If we ask an cheater, why he is using cheats, he can say "Because the other are cheating." Thats the same logic, what most of the community abuse.

Why also make the game harder if META makes the game more easy.

Why APB have over 200 weapons, if just a few are Meta and replace all other?

Merged.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:00 PM, MartinPL said:

Just out of curiosity - do you ever consider the possibility that if everyone around you keeps disagreeing with you, it's not everyone around you who's wrong?

I've lost count of how many threads you've created about this specific topic, and every single time people tell you that no, Clotting Agent is not overpowered - it's you who's gimping themself by opting to use Kevlar Implants 3.

Once again, from the top (not that I expect you to actually take any of this into consideration; if several threads later you're still holding the same opinion, you won't change it no matter how much time someone spends on explaining this to you):

• CA3 is meta for a reason - its health regen delay decrease lets the user dive back into combat earlier than if they were to sit for the default 8 seconds before their health starts regenerating. The actual delay takes more time, but sometimes regenerating just a small part of the lost health allows the player to resume combat.
  • KI3 is out of the meta because it's a decrease to player speed in a game largely based around mobility. Its health benefit is not meant to let you tank three SHAW mags - it's meant to be a slight edge for specific situations. You get slightly more health, but the cost of it is that you move slower to the point where other players could literally run circles around you. I'd risk saying that it's Kevlar that's underpowered, not Clotting Agent that's overpowered.

Have you considered evaluating why you keep losing fights to other players? Have you ever considered that it's not other people's equipment that is at fault, but your playstyle? You're describing to us that you can't kill people with a single shotgun pump and a percussion grenade anymore, which really only makes me think that you expect to be some sort of an unstoppable force capable of just moving forward and effortlessly killing everyone while they deal scratch damage - in which case I can only recommend that you play a singleplayer FPS game with an invincibility cheat. Those are more adjusted to letting players stomp enemies.

You need to learn what "Overpowered" in games realy is. I am thinking you dont understand the logic behind balancing.

For example:

A cheater will never say "Cheating is bad", because he use this for personal bonuses in the game.

This is exactly the same situation, its not cheating -> its exploiting!

I hope you can now understand why it is important to rebalance all green modifications.

Choosing between Clotting Agent or Clotting Agent is not a balanced system!

Every game should have MULTIPLE Options for the personal gameplay and NOT only 1 Item (general).

Most of peoples are disagree me, because they know they will lose there unfair bonuses from the item.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

I can't believe I just read clotting agent is OP......

I mean.. he has a point.

It's the strongest mod and there's absolutely no reason to use the others over it, which is the definition of "OP".

But it's rather that all the other mods are extremely underpowered, and not that Clotting Agent is too strong.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Most of peoples are disagree me, because they know they will lose there unfair bonuses from the item.

No, most people disagree with you because your approach to balancing has historically included ideas such as making the N-HVR a one-hit-kill, making changes based on calculations which only account for individual cases and ruin the balance of things outside of those individual cases, straight up complete removal of a specific type of grenades (conveniently, the ones you don't use) or nerfing OCA Nano because you can't land your shots against it with a 'Bloody Mary'.

This topic that you're trying to discuss in this forum thread, we've gone over this already, almost literally a year ago - hell, I had already made the exact same points back then... you simply refused to acknowledge them. I hate to be breaking it to you, but changes are not made by pestering people with the same flawed logic over and over until they relent and give in.

Edited by MartinPL
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I mean.. he has a point.

It's the strongest mod and there's absolutely no reason to use the others over it, which is the definition of "OP".

But it's rather that all the other mods are extremely underpowered, and not that Clotting Agent is too strong.

No, CA isn't OP. KI3 and FRAGILE suck.

you can't say CA is OP and KI3/FRAGILE are underpowered in the same SENTENCE.

Just now, Uhtdred said:

No, CA isn't OP. KI3 and FRAGILE suck.

you can't say CA is OP and KI3/FRAGILE are underpowered in the same SENTENCE.

Did you even read what I said?

Your first sentence is literally what I said.

4 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Did you even read what I said?

Your first sentence is literally what I said.

you also said "which is the definition of OP". So yea, you called CA OP.

also you said "he has a point" so you agree CA is OP.

did you read what you say?

let me ask you something:

happy landings is used by 90% of the people, that means happy landing is OP according to you.

Edited by Uhtdred

Just now, Uhtdred said:

you also said "which is the definition of OP". So yea, you called CA OP.

did you read what you say?

I did not call CA OP. I said he has a point and that CA does fill the "requirements" to fit the definition of something that's overpowered.

But in the nature of APB, it's not overpowered, as it's the only viable option to take, or you could even say it's the standard. The rest of the mods are just extremely underwhelming or don't do much.

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I did not call CA OP. I said he has a point and that CA does fill the "requirements" to fit the definition of something that's overpowered.

But in the nature of APB, it's not overpowered, as it's the only viable option to take, or you could even say it's the standard. The rest of the mods are just extremely underwhelming or don't do much.

OP straight called CA overpowered, he didn't say "CA fills the requeriments of what OP means".

what are you talking about????