Uhtdred

which APB "feels" better? 2.1 or LIVE??

which APB "feels" better? 2.1 or LIVE?? I know there's a long way to go, but let's see results..  

87 members have voted

1. 1. which APB "feels" better? 2.1 or LIVE??

• BETA
    • LIVE

I actually got a headache and started to feel dizzy after playing the beta for a few minutes only. Colors all seemed to look wrong. The whole game seemed to look wrong. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 5:42 AM, rooq said:

Right - I am asking because this thread alone doesn't make much sense, but I would put that on Little Orbit for not communicating properly.

People will generally have split opinions on this thread's question, because they are actually having different experiences. I want to prefix this by saying that I am not talking about FPS or stutters. In this case I am only talking about input lag/latency.

• If you are on Windows 10 and you have not updated your operating system in 2020 you will have terrible input lag akin to playing LIVE APB in windowed mode. It's absolutely unplayable.
  • If you are on an updated version (2020) of Windows 10, you will have less input lag on the BETA client than the LIVE client in fullscreen mode.
    Yes, windowed fullscreen is better than exclusive fullscreen. It sounds like heresy, yet that's the world we live in.

You can read more about this development in technology here: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/demystifying-full-screen-optimizations/

Note that this article was written in December of 2019.

So if you feel the beta client performed terribly then it might mean that it's time to update your OS.

I asked @KyoukiDotExe about this and he suspects that you should at least be on build 1607 to get these optimizations, but support for this mode is constantly updated so you might as well fully update your OS.

There's a source on that here: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Windows#Windows_10

I'm on 1909 and still have the input lag so no thats bs.

4 hours ago, MonkaS said:

i got noticeably less input lag on the beta version but worse fps in waterfront even though the input lag was way less than live.

today i just went windowed fullscreen on live apb just to see if the windows update helps with live client also and it actually improved my live version's input lag aswell.

4 hours ago, Motorola said:

i got noticeably less input lag on the beta version but worse fps in waterfront even though the input lag was way less than live.

today i just went windowed fullscreen on live apb just to see if the windows update helps with live client also and it actually improved my live version's input lag aswell.

no idea what ur specs are but no live runs better in every way don't believe /fps on the beta it clearly isn't displaying properly. until the beta can run as good as live in everyway or better there is no point in pushing it out again.

6 hours ago, MonkaS said:

no idea what ur specs are but no live runs better in every way don't believe /fps on the beta it clearly isn't displaying properly. until the beta can run as good as live in everyway or better there is no point in pushing it out again.

yeah, im talking about input lag not fps. the only noticably high improvement in fps and overall looks/performance i saw was Asylum.

with the new way windows handles windowed fullscreen i noticed the less input lag easily when firing fbw/45 and obeya rifle myself. 

On 10/29/2020 at 2:03 AM, CookiePuss said:

People say this as if their threat is astronomically high. 

The game caps at gold 10, you cant go higher than that. Hit gold 10 and then win a million matches with a  99-0 krd, and you are no higher in threat than a dude who just hit gold 10 an hour ago. 

Also, if you are claiming to be gold 10, you must either be joking or you think we are all fools. 

Noob has been around for years. Anyone still believing he is high gold must be new.

17 hours ago, MonkaS said:

It's a theory we had/have and by no means any confirmation, we're trying to figure it out or rule out potential issues.

12 hours ago, Motorola said:

The game has to be coded for it to function properly though, it's a different method of rendering the whole game. With the benefits of alt tab / windowed mode combined with the performance and input latency from the old Fullsceen Exclusive mode.

1 hour ago, Motorola said:

yeah, im talking about input lag not fps. the only noticably high improvement in fps and overall looks/performance i saw was Asylum.

with the new way windows handles windowed fullscreen i noticed the less input lag easily when firing fbw/45 and obeya rifle myself. 

It does feel much much easier to hit the firerate and even beyond that on the engine upgrade compared to live, I did feel that as well.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 5:46 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

LIVE.

If you say otherwise you are seriously delusional. 

You predicted this long ago

16 minutes ago, Lato said:

You predicted this long ago

I can feel the 'i told you so' getting closer and closer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like live more. Beta feels very heavy on my eyes with this strong contrast everywhere

yeah i tried alot of different lighting and brightness settings cause i felt the same way. 

10 hours ago, Motorola said:

I don't think you know what input lag is.

90% of people here saying input lag is higher, yet you still trying to convince everyone input lag is lower.

35 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

90% of people here saying input lag is higher, yet you still trying to convince everyone input lag is lower.

i know what input lag is, and not everyone here is saying that their input lag is higher. some people that actually know what they are talking about, unlike you, share the same experience as me. maybe you should look for the problem within your own PC instead of blaming it on the engine. its possible that ALOT of people are not fully updated or running a certain setup that doesnt like the engine. you ever thought about that?

i played you in beta and beat the shit out of you... i had 0 probs with input lag as you can see.

Edited by Motorola

3 hours ago, Motorola said:

i played you in beta and beat the shit out of you

you tell em

• Like 1

“Feel” FPS is apart of “feel”. And how it felt like APB on a 98’ machine. I will say i did play at max settings (but turned off grass). But its disappointing that a new engine cant run an old game better. Like what is the issue(s)? A lot more optimizations are needed + color balance before the beta should be shipped.

20 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I can feel the 'i told you so' getting closer and closer.

Kind of sad, right? You hope you're wrong, but then you see this mess and all you can think is, "Well... that sucks"

Hopefully they can right their sinking ship but from everything I've heard, this beta was rough af... I didn't even bother to sign on because the last one was such a disaster. Hoping they can get it fixed and ready quick.

16 hours ago, Motorola said:

i know what input lag is, and not everyone here is saying that their input lag is higher. some people that actually know what they are talking about, unlike you, share the same experience as me. maybe you should look for the problem within your own PC instead of blaming it on the engine. its possible that ALOT of people are not fully updated or running a certain setup that doesnt like the engine. you ever thought about that?

i played you in beta and beat the shit out of you... i had 0 probs with input lag as you can see.

???

you don't know who I am.

I played the beta in citadel, because there was like 10/10 in NA at the moment. So i didn't play the beta on NA.

Can you see the results btw? it's 70/30 so perhaps you should google input lag or something 🙂

Edited by Uhtdred

17 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

I legit didn't notice any input lag or delay except possibly while driving. /shrugs. Everything from movement to firing felt fine if not better imo. It's just the FPS was dipping a bit until you adjusted the settings and possibly restarted the game to apply em.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I legit didn't notice any input lag or delay except possibly while driving. /shrugs. Everything from movement to firing felt fine if not better imo. It's just the FPS was dipping a bit until you adjusted the settings and possibly restarted the game to apply em.

Still, the poll is 70/30.

This is why the poll was made in the first place.

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Still, the poll is 70/30. This is why the poll was made in the first place.

Online polls are hilariously easy to manipulate. I personally could completely reverse that on my own right now, if I cared to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Online polls are hilariously easy to manipulate. I personally could completely reverse that on my own right now, if I cared to.

manipulating APB forum polls
lmfao

On 10/31/2020 at 1:37 PM, Uhtdred said:

Still, the poll is 70/30.

This is why the poll was made in the first place.

I doubt half the people were being effected by input lag, as much as they were FPS lag and server lag and mistaking the two. Vehicles definitely handled funny in the beta, and there seemed to be a definite lag for vehicle turning. But i noticed no such thing for any firing/sprinting/movement, unless the server had me warp like i did a few times.