Uhtdred

which APB "feels" better? 2.1 or LIVE??

which APB "feels" better? 2.1 or LIVE?? I know there's a long way to go, but let's see results..  

87 members have voted

1. 1. which APB "feels" better? 2.1 or LIVE??

• BETA
    • LIVE

I know this is a beta, this question is not FPS related, just answer depending on your feeling of the input lag, etc.

Edited by Uhtdred

live is better. beta has bad input lag and the fps display doesn't seem accurate in the beta, for instance on live if I'm multitasking and doing other stuff while the game is running I get drops to like 90 fps but that feels better than the betas "140"~ fps.

Live is currently better. Beta will be the clear winner once they shake out the remaining issues though.

• Like 1

maybe I just need to keep tweaking the advance settings to find what is good and my pc is not powerful but even on the default low setting I can't get a constant 50-60fps

heck it was better for me to play on high/ultra setting because although I do get a lower average fps, it still would drop frames and the experience was pretty much the same.

between the two live is currently better for me.

Even if we ignore the FPS lag the beta has bunch of other issues.

Inconsistent lighting, things in the distance popping out out of nowhere

I like the change in the geometry and the new water but the new positive changes aren't really that many to make a good difference. 

Live feels way better. Beta performance is a straight up disaster.

• Like 2

Asylum felt better on Beta than Live

Financial felt better on Beta than Live

Waterfront felt worse on Beta than Live

• Thanks 1

For the people who voted that live feels better - what operating system are you on? If you're on Windows 10 do you have updates disabled?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rooq said:

For the people who voted that live feels better - what operating system are you on? If you're on Windows 10 do you have updates disabled?

Yes.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yes.

Right - I am asking because this thread alone doesn't make much sense, but I would put that on Little Orbit for not communicating properly.

People will generally have split opinions on this thread's question, because they are actually having different experiences. I want to prefix this by saying that I am not talking about FPS or stutters. In this case I am only talking about input lag/latency.

• If you are on Windows 10 and you have not updated your operating system in 2020 you will have terrible input lag akin to playing LIVE APB in windowed mode. It's absolutely unplayable.
  • If you are on an updated version (2020) of Windows 10, you will have less input lag on the BETA client than the LIVE client in fullscreen mode.
    Yes, windowed fullscreen is better than exclusive fullscreen. It sounds like heresy, yet that's the world we live in.

You can read more about this development in technology here: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/demystifying-full-screen-optimizations/

Note that this article was written in December of 2019.

So if you feel the beta client performed terribly then it might mean that it's time to update your OS.

I asked @KyoukiDotExe about this and he suspects that you should at least be on build 1607 to get these optimizations, but support for this mode is constantly updated so you might as well fully update your OS.

There's a source on that here: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Windows#Windows_10

Edited by rooq
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, rooq said:

You're assuming i prefer live over beta purely because of input lag, especially when i never even said anything about input lag.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You're assuming i prefer live over beta purely because of input lag, especially when i never even said anything about input lag.

Yes that was my assumption. I am sorry if that was not representative of your opinion. I was trying to be helpful.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooq said:

So if you feel the beta client performed terribly then it might mean that it's time to update your OS.

• Genuine win10 latest build/update
  • Can run AAA games on max settings with no problem

Pretty sure it's the beta.

I played live at roughly 30 fps for 2 maybe 3 years at one point. Beta at 30fps certainly did feel like a smoother experience compared to that, but it felt horrible compared to my current performance on live. 

Drove around both waterfront and financial, attempted to do some missions. Didn't go to asylum.

RTX 2060 SUPER, i7 4790k, win 10 20H2

Edited by cerv
  • Like 1

Live!!!..... Everything looks way better than Beta.

/Sorry LO 😕

Edited by ShawLOL

3 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

Live!!!..... Everything looks way better than Beta.

/Sorry LO 😕

You're right, live looks way better 🤥

with so many stutters and fps drops, i can't say too much about the beta. I played it for 5-10min, started to feel sick and closed it.

Live is much better currently.

Edited by greenfield
  • Thanks 1

Beta managed to have much worse hit detection somehow.

I had less input lag from what i could tell than i do on live. i was able to shoot the FBW at its fastest fire rate with ease, my windows 10 is updated to the most recent build.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

People say this as if their threat is astronomically high. 

The game caps at gold 10, you cant go higher than that. Hit gold 10 and then win a million matches with a  99-0 krd, and you are no higher in threat than a dude who just hit gold 10 an hour ago. 

Also, if you are claiming to be gold 10, you must either be joking or you think we are all fools. 

Not at all what i'm claiming, i probably was mid gold at the time, but the system back then counted roughly the past 25-30 matches for threat. I didn't go negative, i only stopped at "100" when i tried (probably also a huge factor other than the next part), though i had a few wins and decent matches in between some of them, so it didn't want to dethreat me. To be fair, i also had like... sub 30 fps, and was for some reason still going 15+ kills a match against golds.... wasn't fun