MattScott

Rough start for the Open Beta

Yeah, I can't fathom why there is steam login option if it doesn't work...

Manual login seems to work, after I took the time to figure out what my password was...

Just now, Chinook said:

Yeah, I can't fathom why there is steam login option if it doesn't work...

Manual login seems to work, after I took the time to figure out what my password was...

Its there cause it'll be used when the game goes Live, but for now the Steam setting is only tied into 1.20.  I believe steam can only be tied into one version of a game at a time.

I mean, the launcher is downloading it at 20kb/s for me. I'll probably be done updating the client by November.

Edited by Killer Rabbit

5 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

I mean, the launcher is downloading it at 20kb/s for me. I'll probably be done updating the client by November.

On 10/22/2020 at 7:13 PM, Kevkof said:

Should people run into very slow speeds on the launcher, I'm offering 2 download options to a zipped copy of the latest Beta build (fully clean).

Mirror 1: https://kevkof.be/beta2410

Mirror 2: https://kevkof.be/beta2410_2

You can use these instead

FPS is rough.

Changing settings to low atm, to see if anything can be salvaged. High runs barely at 58fps on my setup, and keeps dipping all the way to high-30's...

(At which point I'd prefer steady 30fps, because it is choppy and inconsistent as hell)

Merged.

Running it on low... HOLY POOPOO.

Enemies at the edge of draw distance are just guns floating in the air. Good luck spotting what they're about to do.

FPS still not great, yet not terrible. Looks ugly as poopoo. Still feels a bit inconsistent, but not too bad.

There is still so much work to do...

Edited by Chinook

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Rough start on Open Beta #3. We're looking at mission problems and removing some guns that shouldn't have been available. Bear with us.

Thanks,

Matt

only?

12 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

only?

in total we will be looking at a lot more, but the things mentioned by matt were fixes that needed to happen asap to allow players to test more things or were breaking the gameplay

• Like 1

I can't fathom how this can run worse than live, given that the engine upgrade must give access to plenty of areas where performance increases can be achieved.

Yet it runs like a turd unless you tone it down to clay figure graphics. Way worse than current live, at least on my setup (https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=92773753464)

It is just curious how it can run so bad even with low settins when enemies at 90m don't draw at all, except their gun.

23 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I can't fathom how this can run worse than live, given that the engine upgrade must give access to plenty of areas where performance increases can be achieved.

Yet it runs like a turd unless you tone it down to clay figure graphics. Way worse than current live, at least on my setup (https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=92773753464)

It is just curious how it can run so bad even with low settins when enemies at 90m don't draw at all, except their gun.

if that windows 10 version is still true and you didnt upgrade your windows version in 3 years then i have the problem right there for you

24 minutes ago, HardStyler3 said:

if that windows 10 version is still true and you didnt upgrade your windows version in 3 years then i have the problem right there for you

That is obviously just to show the equipment without typing everything by hand.

Can't remember what version number i run at the moment, but it's something from last 180 days.

To whom it may concern...

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V10/display.php?id=131227211645

Edited by Chinook
latest benchmark link added

9 hours ago, Motorola said:

the game runs smooth af now

on live im using a config to disable most of the high graphics and lowering settings that would cause bad performance but on the beta version of the engine i just lowered some settings like shadows, and im getting 145 fps capped.

really looking forward to this being released

Please tell me your settings, thanks

A small tip. Sorry for the translator.

I have a rather weak system

But perhaps this information will be useful.

-Windows 10

-AMD Athlon X4 870K
Godavari 28nm technology

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

-PAM 16 GB

-Without SSD

Social District showed 40-60 frames per second at medium and ultra settings with no visible drops in frames per second.

The financial and port areas showed 30 fps with significant drawdowns up to 20 regardless of the game settings, maybe due to ping - I live in Eastern Europe.

L

On 10/25/2020 at 1:47 PM, SEVENTEAM said:

A small tip. Sorry for the translator.

I have a rather weak system

But perhaps this information will be useful.

-Windows 10

-AMD Athlon X4 870K
Godavari 28nm technology

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

-PAM 16 GB

-Without SSD

Social District showed 40-60 frames per second at medium and ultra settings with no visible drops in frames per second.

The financial and port areas showed 30 fps with significant drawdowns up to 20 regardless of the game settings, maybe due to ping - I live in Eastern Europe.

Nah, it’s due to your cpu. I wonder if it’s even able to fully load up 1050ti