MattScott

Rough start for the Open Beta

Hi everyone,

Rough start on Open Beta #3. We're looking at mission problems and removing some guns that shouldn't have been available. Bear with us.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

the game runs smooth af now

on live im using a config to disable most of the high graphics and lowering settings that would cause bad performance but on the beta version of the engine i just lowered some settings like shadows, and im getting 145 fps capped.

really looking forward to this being released

• Like 1

Servers have been restarted.

Let's see if players start getting opposed missions and the dev gun should be gone from everyone's inventory.

Thanks,

Matt

so i cant log with chars i created for the beta?says "tutorial dist full-retryn"and keep tryn to join..and i have only "playtest" world to join thats normal?

Edited by TheMessiah

Is it on? It installed ok but fails to launch on my PC (E2200 cpu with 2gb) so it means ill be definitely out of the game 😞

Let me give a little context. In Live currently the districts are split into Green through Gold districts which helps to limit the matchmaking choices. On the beta, currently everyone threat level is in the same district. This causes issues with matchmaking when the population is fairly small. Since that is the case, we are moving to Open Conflict districts so that players can get matched for Missions. The side effect of this, is that we removed the type of district that is set as the Tutorial district, namely the normal Financial district. 

Players should be playing on their live accounts, using their current live characters. To help make sure that we funnel as many players as we can into the Open Conflict districts, we wont have a regular Financial districts up any longer meaning that creating new characters is not going to be possible for the remainder of this Open Beta. Hopefully some of this context will help you understand the decision process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ok im in idk what was the problem.Anyway the game runs at 60-80 fps and drops to 20-30 often also stuters and lags and thats not only because my potato is weak pretty much everybody runs the game the same.Ill check on minimal now(was on medium)

15 minutes ago, Selali said:

meaning that creating new characters is not going to be possible for the remainder of this Open Beta

Clarification requested: Does this affect those of us who haven't had a chance to actually join the betas at all? Would like to know if I should even bother to download the beta client at this point, because if I can't join (with my characters from live server) then it would be a waste of time.

Getting the good ol' "Error 9".

Is it not on? I have no clue...

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Clarification requested: Does this affect those of us who haven't had a chance to actually join the betas at all? Would like to know if I should even bother to download the beta client at this point, because if I can't join (with my characters from live server) then it would be a waste of time.

Live characters are available on the beta, it's why he says to use your live account and characters. It's creating new players, specifically in this beta, that isn't going to work. As he said, they've effectively removed the tutorial world, meaning you can't make new characters.

Edited by Catgorl

1 minute ago, Catgorl said:

Live characters are available on the beta, it's why he says to use your live account and characters. It's creating new players, specifically in this beta, that isn't going to work. As he said, they've effectively removed the tutorial world, meaning you can't make new characters.

So is it not on then? Because I can't seem to be able to login...

1 minute ago, Chinook said:

I'm in the beta, using the clothes editor in social as I'm typing this, you'll want to figure out if you've got a network problem on your end preventing you from communicating with the server.

1 minute ago, Catgorl said:

I ask for clarification because I've never logged into a beta yet (the tiny windows on previous betas conflicted with IRL work), so my characters would be "new" to the beta client/server.

4 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Servers are currently On.  Could be your connection settings.

On minimal runs good 70-100fps all the time.Still players and cars like disapear(visually)Idk feels like the game still needs a lot of work..like a lot...

Just now, Hexerin said:

I ask for clarification because I've never logged into a beta yet (the tiny windows on previous betas conflicted with IRL work), so my characters would be "new" to the beta client/server.

They migrate the live database onto the beta servers, so the server already knows your characters.

7 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Servers are currently On.  Could be your connection settings.

I can log in to the live version with no problems. With the beta I just keep getting the "error 9".

Sorted it out. Manual login seems to work afterall, steam login just gives the error...

Edited by Chinook

2 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I can log in to the live version with no problems. With the beta I just keep getting the "error 9".

I may need to dig deeper into this...

are you using steam or email and password? steam won't work on the testing environment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I may need to dig deeper into this...

Yeah, not the same game and i don't think they connect to the same servers either.  (I think its the same locations but the units and everything is whats different.)  Steam login doesn't work either if thats what you're trying

• Like 1