Sign in to follow this  
iodyne_

Old ModSquad chosen for new Mod team...

12 hours ago, gogol said:

im in for a riot if they actually kept the mod squad, they are awful. new CM should be accompanied by new mods, to clean the bad image and ways tiggs and her mods had. like i said a while back, a true fresh start.

@Lixil could you be so kind to clarify this pretty please

I'm astonished. gogol actually speaks.

I thought you were just a purple squid that vaped. broooooo :classic_blink:

zwwh3it.jpg

10 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I had my pic posting privilleges revoken permanently by him for posting pic of a baby goat in vat and saying we should clone G1 devs to speed up engine upgrade 😄

After that I simply triggered him to just completely ban me and finish this once and for all.

After the warning i received from him, i actually had the same outburst. I lost most of the interest i had, bearing in mind that back then i used to take Tiggs words like a sworn oath. I really believed her words, and defended G1. Then i stopped being so blind, said some truth and got finally banned without a blink. But here i am, seeing AN ACTUAL GOOD COMPANY taking over and showing the old staff (which are now located backstage) how its done. By old staff i don't add the Devs like Andro, Aphadon and Majiik, because when something bad happens they usually show and act properly and professionaly. 100 Kudos to them!

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 1

Wow this is a big problem. Indeed, if they are closing threads that do no harm imagine those that do. For example my own thread about LTL being unbalanced was a mistake of mine, I created a monster and its big and has flaming and hate inside going all over the thread. It should be closed and killed, but nothing happened so there is little to no moderation, and then this thread saying people from before are already here... please, just don't... they're waiting right there like vultures

My vote is on that EVERYONE from the previous Gamersfirst to be completely out of the picture. Or they are going to mess it up again. 

Edited by Musul Man
  • Like 1

Hello,

First of, I don't have anyone from the old mod squad team on my current mod team.

Under mods I have 2 employees that are helping me out, 3 forum mods and 3 art mods who are volunteers.

My mods have instruction to say why thread was closed or if post/thread was moved to contact the player in question and explain why. If at any point anyone wants clarification or believes thread was closed/moved wrongly, please contact me so I can give you more information/or if it was error fix it.

I don't expect me or my team to always be right, we will sometimes do mistakes and those mistakes can easily be fixed. Feel free to always reach out, my DMs are not locked and I reply as soon as humanly possible.

Edit: Also keep in mind that threads don't get locked just for breaking Terms of Service. If they don't abide Forum Rules, if it's a double thread or if it gets out of hand they will get locked.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Ty lixil,

So banshee, niki, and hex are art mods.

How is an art mod different than a normal mod? They just do the creations section or...?

Then selali and matt make posts sorta often...but ur not counting them as mods I'm assuming.

Then there's 6 normal mods listed. Guessing the other 1 is for fallen earth.

Thanks for clarifying, ur tha best.

Edited by iodyne_

Just now, iodyne_ said:

Ty lixil,

So banshee, niki, and hex are art mods.

How is an art mod different than a normal mod? They just do the creations section or...?

Then selali and matt make posts sorta often...but ur not counting them as mods I'm assuming.

Then there's 6 normal mods listed. Guessing u just meant 4 instead of 3 but yeah.

Thanks for clarifying, ur tha best.

Yes they are Art Mods (we are training one of them to be full mod so they may be 2 in the end). The art mods are modding just art section, so images/pictures/creations to not go way over board since forums are PG13. Normal mods deal with everything else.

Selali and Matt are Admins, there are 2 employees among the Mods on this page https://forums.gamersfirst.com/staff

Arcademode, Canine, Ritual, Flight, BrightNightLight and Pichuu are mods (excuse my math it's been a long day ^^")

So then what do the rest of the g1 employees that are still there do?

33 minutes ago, Lixil said:

...My mods have instruction to say why thread was closed or if post/thread was moved to contact the player in question and explain why. If at any point anyone wants clarification or believes thread was closed/moved wrongly, please contact me so I can give you more information/or if it was error fix it.

I don't expect me or my team to always be right, we will sometimes do mistakes and those mistakes can easily be fixed...

Fascinating. 

2 minutes ago, MEDIC! said:

Fascinating. 

Well the good news is flight is not mod20 after all. 🙂

1 minute ago, iodyne_ said:

Well the good news is flight is not mod20 after all. 🙂

Honestly all this garbage is just a meme anyway. There is a honeymoon period of effort then it will quickly settle into a status quo affair, and as much as id like to take a steaming load over all of this... Its not worth it.

I could point out how I was basically correct about everything, the entire time.

About the people running the company, about fair fight, about its content (implying), about its tone policing and every other mess that this dumpster fire was.

But its just not worth it. This place exists as nothing more than a pressure release valve. It lets people impotently ree into a padded room, meanwhile its business as usual.

Not even mentioning the numerous problems the previous mod squad had. If you don't recognize a hatchet gang when you see one. I dont know what to tell you. 

I already know there are going to be problems. Not to upset our glorious new overlord CM, but i remember her saying somewhere that she had a criminal justice degree? Curious isn't it? The more things change the more they stay the same. And while I am willing to give her a chance and stay on her """""""good side""""""""" what would be the point in doing so? Would any of my criticism be labeled as valid? Would my constructive input even be valued? Why do they care? why should they? These people are here to tell you what you want to hear.

If you dont see the problem with someone trained to see everyone as suspect and guilty of something awaiting their """"""""""""careful scrutiny"""""""""" Then I dont know what to tell you.

Because you know what this all means?

Far-Cry-5-Joseph-Seed-Dark-Past-555x328.

It means that tiggs and the modsquads have been silenced.

It means the """gamersfirst"""s have been erased.

It means apb has been cleansed by failures righteous fire.

But most of all.

It means I was right. APB as we know it is over. I waited so long for the prophecy of a failing player-base and decreasing revenue streams whispered in my ear to be fulfilled.

But its not better, is it? Not really. Not different, not purified, and the more it changes the more it stays the same.

We have merely restarted the cycle. Those that are informed take a cyclical view of history. No lessons were learned from the previous iteration, no mistakes rectified, no errors corrected, or fault of any kind found. There is no redressing of the fundamental problems that plagued it before. No introspection about the people at the heart of all of it. At every level you had outright hatred and hostility on part of the elite of their own playerbase.

What has changed?

>inb4 unbans

If you know nothing of PR, then I dont know what to tell you.

• Like 1

Dude...that was beautiful.

You should be an author. Going to have to go read all ur posts now.

• Like 1

Edit:

First, I don't have criminal degeee, one of my mods does.

Second, I don't silence criticism, in fact I welcome it. I do care about this community. I want this community to be comfortable as well as new players.

I didn't silence mod squad, they simply were not taken as volunteers, they can apply as rest of the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MEDIC! said:

Honestly all this garbage is just a meme anyway. There is a honeymoon period of effort then it will quickly settle into a status quo affair, and as much as id like to take a steaming load over all of this... Its not worth it.

I could point out how I was basically correct about everything, the entire time.

About the people running the company, about fair fight, about its content (implying), about its tone policing and every other mess that this dumpster fire was.

But its just not worth it. This place exists as nothing more than a pressure release valve. It lets people impotently ree into a padded room, meanwhile its business as usual.

Not even mentioning the numerous problems the previous mod squad had. If you don't recognize a hatchet gang when you see one. I dont know what to tell you. 

I already know there are going to be problems. Not to upset our glorious new overlord CM, but i remember her saying somewhere that she had a criminal justice degree? Curious isn't it? The more things change the more they stay the same. And while I am willing to give her a chance and stay on her """""""good side""""""""" what would be the point in doing so? Would any of my criticism be labeled as valid? Would my constructive input even be valued? Why do they care? why should they? These people are here to tell you what you want to hear.

If you dont see the problem with someone trained to see everyone as suspect and guilty of something awaiting their """"""""""""careful scrutiny"""""""""" Then I dont know what to tell you.

But most of all.

It means I was right. APB as we know it is over. I waited so long for the prophecy of a failing player-base and decreasing revenue streams whispered in my ear to be fulfilled.

But its not better, is it? Not really. Not different, not purified, and the more it changes the more it stays the same.

We have merely restarted the cycle. Those that are informed take a cyclical view of history. No lessons were learned from the previous iteration, no mistakes rectified, no errors corrected, or fault of any kind found. There is no redressing of the fundamental problems that plagued it before. No introspection about the people at the heart of all of it. At every level you had outright hatred and hostility on part of the elite of their own playerbase.

What has changed?

>inb4 unbans

Sadly I am out of likes cause you should get them all for that.

Would be nice to keep the beating stick, that your new puppy was beat with by the previous owner, far far away though.

29 minutes ago, iodyne_ said:

Dude...that was beautiful.

You should be an author. Going to have to go read all ur posts now.

You should check out my live streams, their a f-kn train wreck. One time I crushed up modafinil with a draco ak-47 I kept under my couch, snorted it through a rolled up scantron, and chased it with every beer I could shotgun in an hour. This was after staying up for two days and taking my final round of engineering exams so I was beyond annihilation.  

Then I blacked out on stream and 4chan though I died and called the cops on me.

But in Ernest, I am fairly articulate and an extremely nice guy in real life. This game just makes my blood boil. And Ive seen the exact same shit THREE TIMES now. Did it never occur to these cretins they get what they give.

If there was any self awareness in this game, id be a GM. For once id be on their side at the very least. But these guys burn bridges, and fast.

And the worst part is, way back in the before time I was in GOOD with the people that ran this ship, and it ran WELL. Then corporate came in and did all the stuff they keep doing over and over. We have a new team, but why would I think its not more of the same? Why would they care?

The people that cared about apb left long ago, now all we have left is regret. 

All that being said iodyne...

You don't remember me? Probably for the best. If its any consolation, I never hated you NEARLY as much as some of the scum on these boards.

24 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Sadly I am out of likes cause you should get them all for that.

Thanks man. Ill throw up a live stream sometime if you wanna see me get drunk and belligerent. 

I cant promise much, but I can promise you one thing. You wont be bored.

Edited by MEDIC!

I posted that gif randomly for the funsies, it was the first gif I found on google that referred to admins/mods. It wasn't intended to mean anything outside of just being a random gif. My apologies if you took it any other type of way Willow.

7 hours ago, iodyne_ said:

Edit: mkay so i was wrong in speculating. Apparently the new mods are 100% new and are not any of the old team. Good to know. 🙂

So now, we are already seeing the same thing with one of the new Moderators who was hired at the end of May...who is closing/locking topics for no reason other than to "clean".

1. You title a thread with a presumption and false accusation... mmkay
2. You are crying because the forum is moderated. Let's be real, a forum is certainly full of gripes, complaints, and occasional rage because of unfair things that happen in game and to the game. I made this account after I was forum banned for expressing an opinion about G1 so I can relate.  That's expected.  But forums are still the public face of a business which is hoping to attract new customers. We are guests here... and they have reasonable rules.  If you want to have no holds barred and unsupervised trolling, make an APB fan discussion on Reddit... or one of those personal websites like APBflames. I have followed a lot of the threads that got "cleaned" and let's face it, people get angry and start becoming abusive. That's human nature but mods are hired to delete that stuff.  Come on now.

1 hour ago, Ohshii said:

I posted that gif randomly for the funsies, it was the first gif I found on google that referred to admins/mods. It wasn't intended to mean anything outside of just being a random gif. My apologies if you took it any other type of way Willow.

iodyne_ you're Willow?  Welcome back babe.  So sorry for how you got unjustly targeted and banned for simply playing the game. If anyone has a right to be untrusting of a company it's you. but I really think our whole community is very jaded due to past corruption but I don';t think that's happening here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MEDIC! said:

But most of all.

What has changed?

>inb4 unbans

Wow that's just nuts.  At the end of the day it's only a game not real life.  

@Hey!

Is there a reason you can't receive PM's? What did u do..

9 hours ago, BartMcRoy said:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

- John Emerich Edward Dalberg

Power is the light that shreds the darkness from  the person, revealing their true self.

- Me.

:p

• Like 1

well the old modsquids were at war with me over my gifs. the new mods are chill, don't think they're the same people.