Sign in to follow this  
iodyne_

Old ModSquad chosen for new Mod team...

Edit: mkay so i was wrong in speculating. Apparently the new mods are 100% new and are not any of the old team. Good to know. 🙂

I'd like to start out by saying, we all know how much of a mistake the old ModSquad team was.

The way they constantly policed and closed/locked topics that never broke Terms of Service....

They banned people for their opinions, even if it never broke Code of Conduct or ToS.

They killed the forums.

So now, we are already seeing the same thing with one of the new Moderators who was hired at the end of May...who is closing/locking topics for no reason other than to "clean".

I mean, it is painfully clear to me that they re-hired some of the problem-moderators.

Not going to name-and-shame, but just scroll through the recently locked topics. It's clear who is needlessly locking topic just to flex their muscle.

Lixil promised us they would be supervising the activity of the new moderation team...but the topics being locked would never have been locked by Lixil herself.

There are already clear signs of the same mistake in power abuse being given to community members.

Please control your moderators and tell them not to be closing and locking topics that do not break ToS or CoC, before their true colors start showing like the thought-police they truly were and still are.

Edited by iodyne_
the witch hunt hath ended
  • Like 3

Speaking openly here, since it was "left in the past" (or isn't it?), Mod Squad 20 was a truly "patootie" (to be utterly gentle here).

He used to lock threads, give warnings and disappear with threads without even giving a proper feedback to anybody. I still remind the day i had to recreate a thread 3 times, and i wasn't naming and shaming anyone, i was just making fun of a fact that a teammate got the briefcase and took it to the opposite spot (enemy spot). It was a clear thread, stating it was about fun, and the thread wasn't even locked. Then, after the 3rd time i had posted the thread, i got a warning from the "lovely" Mud Squid 20, and that still gets me to my nerves today. What an unbelievable "lovely person"...

And some months before this LO takeover, some Mod openly went out of his Mod account, openly dissed a forum user in one of the most unprofessional ways (without even hiding that he was still a Mod back then), and Tiggs didn't move a feather to punish the Mod. I don't really remember which was the number of the Mod, but IT WAS a Mod. If anyone else reminds the case, please cast a light here!

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 3

I think we need a meme, gif moderator to keep the memes alive on this forum.

Just saying, memes are important for the lively hood of this forum! 😛

• Thanks 1

As quoted from one of the mod members,

"Maps used to say, "there be dragons here." Now they don't. But that does not mean that dragons aren't there."

Entirety of quote, implying that some of the old moderators (themselves included) are still here, still policing and exerting their power abuse, just as they did before.

1 minute ago, AlexandraTromp said:

I think we need a meme, gif moderator to keep the memes alive on this forum.

Just saying, memes are important for the lively hood of this forum! 😛

Lol. May I suggest a "Moody Squid" emoji.

I wondered if this was true. 

Hard to get any answers from LO though. 

Edited by CookiePuss

vote me forum mod and ill make sure katchwi or queen of love will never post again

as quoted by one of the ex moderators

"Only cheaters get banned."

-15 minutes before they got banned

• Like 2

I mean, not all the new mods are bad. Obviously the ones that came straight from LO are great.

People are going to make repetitive threads. They always have and always will...they live and die out on their own.

However. It is NOT a moderator's place to close/lock threads because

"there's been another topic like this in the past"

or

"I don't think this topic has a point"

or

"the question OP asked has been answered, so no further discussion is allowed", etc etc etc.

None of which are reasons that relate to ToS in any way whatsoever. Yet...are still getting locked.

Edited by iodyne_
  • Like 2

arent all the forum mods orbit employees?

12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

I asked this about current mods and GMs.... no communication came back to me. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I asked this about current mods and GMs.... no communication came back to me. 

we just need this thread to blow up that way staff will respond, theyve got a pretty good track record so far

unless this thread get mysteriously deleted :^)

14 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Go thru the current forum mods. Look which has been locking topics for no reason. Tell me that's not mod20 style.

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

we just need this thread to blow up that way staff will respond, theyve got a pretty good track record so far

I hope so, my thread got zero traction or attention. 

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/1037-a-question-about-gms-and-the-new-mod-squad/?tab=comments#comment-14446

5 minutes ago, iodyne_ said:

Go thru the current forum mods. Look which has been locking topics for no reason. Tell me that's not mod20 style.

sounds like a lot of work for something i dont care about lol

@cookie

I think there were 3 or so that came from Little Orbit and were not previously involved with apb....but there are more mods on the list than the first day I looked so....some have been added. Idk from where though. I suspect the "added" people were from G1.

Edit: I suspect the issue is not so much in the more recently added mods on the list, but that they kept some of the same mods from G1.

Edited by iodyne_

1 minute ago, iodyne_ said:

@cookie

I think there were 3 or so that came from Little Orbit and were not previously involved with apb....but there are more mods on the list than the first day I looked so....some have been added. Idk from where though. I suspect the "added" people were from G1.

Yeah.

Jeebus help us if its the return of ModSquad. They straight up killed the old forums. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

i'll be selling forum riot gear for calling the attention and blow up the thread.

you can get 1 bump for 1 ice pick, a meme for an icecream or a troll keeping the thread alive and talking for a seal (dead or alive - doesnt matter)

i'll try to get better stuff for sale as your journey for justice continues.

Ice-cream-Shop-Bangalore-Polar-Bear-ewWd

im in for a riot if they actually kept the mod squad, they are awful. new CM should be accompanied by new mods, to clean the bad image and ways tiggs and her mods had. like i said a while back, a true fresh start.

@Lixil could you be so kind to clarify this pretty please

Edited by gogol

2 minutes ago, gogol said:

im in for a riot if they actually kept the mod squad, they are awful. new CM should be accompanied by new mods, to clean the bad image and ways tiggs and her mods had. like i said a while back, a true fresh start.

i mean they dont seem to have gotten rid of any of the old team, so it could be that they kept the mod squad as well

7 hours ago, iodyne_ said:

I'd like to start out by saying, we all know how much of a mistake the old ModSquad team was.

The way they constantly policed and closed/locked topics that never broke Terms of Service....

They banned people for their opinions, even if it never broke Code of Conduct or ToS.

They killed the forums.

So now, we are already seeing the same thing with one of the new Moderators who was hired at the end of May...who is closing/locking topics for no reason other than to "clean".

I mean, it is painfully clear to me that they re-hired some of the problem-moderators.

Not going to name-and-shame, but just scroll through the recently locked topics. It's clear who is needlessly locking topic just to flex their muscle.

Lixil promised us they would be supervising the activity of the new moderation team...but the topics being locked would never have been locked by Lixil herself.

There are already clear signs of the same mistake in power abuse being given to community members.

Please control your moderators and tell them not to be closing and locking topics that do not break ToS or CoC, before their true colors start showing like the thought-police they truly were and still are.

Ive seen pgaw pretty hungry for mod powers.

And probably someone from the old mod squads warned me for literally typing *********" ( * pretty used on forums for censoring your own words -if you see the word *smart* probably is the filtered word too-).

Its funny they still are mad with me. I bet they still angry because they couldnt find my other pcs accounts xD

15 minutes ago, gogol said:

Even myself left the forum for a time because it was dead. Seeing 5-7 users online was pretty sad even for apb forums.

That was the whole purpose of mod squads.

If i find out that there are mod squads in the actual team i will go insane.

Edited by Excalibur!

Had a bad feeling about their GM and Mod choices since one decided that harassing people in game was a way to make it interesting. Hopefully they chose more wisely instead of just picking whoever yells the loudest. People that want power rarely should be given it.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

- John Emerich Edward Dalberg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Poperon said:

Speaking openly here, since it was "left in the past" (or isn't it?), Mod Squad 20 was a truly "pattotie" (to be utterly gentle here).

He used to lock threads, give warnings and disappear with threads without even giving a proper feedback to anybody. I still remind the day i had to recreate a thread 3 times, and i wasn't naming and shaming anyone, i was just making fun of a fact that a teammate got the briefcase and took it to the opposite spot (enemy spot). It was a clear thread, stating it was about fun, and the thread wasn't even locked. Then, after the 3rd time i had posted the thread, i got a warning from the "lovely" Mud Squid 20, and that still gets me to my nerves today. What an unbelievable "lovely person"...

And some months before this LO takeover, some Mod openly went out of his Mod account, openly dissed a forum user in one of the most unprofessional ways (without even hiding that he was still a Mod back then), and Tiggs didn't move a feather to punish the Mod. I don't really remember which was the number of the Mod, but IT WAS a Mod. If anyone else reminds the case, please cast a light here!

I had my pic posting privilleges revoken permanently by him for posting pic of a baby goat in vat and saying we should clone G1 devs to speed up engine upgrade 😄

After that I simply triggered him to just completely ban me and finish this once and for all.