Sign in to follow this  
Donjae

to avoid griefers for other people in missions

hi there everyone 🙋‍♂️

as you all know for years there is a problem with griefers in this game 

so like if you get to be bounty others people outside the mission cant kill you 

so i think same i think the best for others around outside the mission 

meant others players CANT push / block / grief your cars due of they are become invisible when you become to be in mission 

for example : lets say you / your team need to raid a door and some other guy outside the mission ( friend of your enemies ) want to block the door with his car , he cant due he become to be invisible / transparent and 

you still can raid the door even if he is there blocking the door cos he is transparent ! 

same for pushing cars or anything , every car he get in the street become to be transparent / or invisible for you / for people and only visible for him in his missions 

hope from this idea you can mange to do something against this whole griefers . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

AFAIK, proper instancing is already on the to-do list, so no one will be able to affect the outcome of your mission if they're not actually a part of your mission.

Basically, this doesn't need another thread and is a subject that's been covered already.

• Like 1

This problem is a bit of a two side problem, some people genuinely like the open world and the chaos it produces but it also allows griefers to be effective at annoying you (even more if you stream your game).

I've heard suggestions before to have ghost people outside of your mission but for some that ruins the interaction with the world or other players (or a sense of idea that you're not alone in the server)

It's gonna be a though one to crack but I am sure with the engine done they come up with a pretty solution to this problem.

• Like 4

Best idea is: 
griefer near object become killable and with only 10% of health.

/solved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'll take the rare occurrence of out of mission fuckups for the far larger positive of having everyone all together in a single 'lobby' interacting with eachother.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wHisHi said:

One more idea that kills APB. Stop modifying it!

its really annoying when you are robbed of the opportunity to play a balanced match because of someone outside of your mission stopping you.

just the other day i lost a mission because a player blocked the entrance to my item drop with his car and i couldnt blow it up because he wasnt in my mission.

• Like 1

I know it's weird but I actually like how the game works in that regard, it adds to the open world experience. I probably get griefed like 1 in every 20 missions, and I find it fun. I prefer it over to making griefing impossible. Maybe if it was 1 in 5 missions instead it would be super annoying but intentional griefing is super rare and most of the times it's someone who has a grudge with you, not just some random guy.

I know I'm almost alone on this though

Edited by Zatro
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 10:41 AM, Zatro said:

I know it's weird but I actually like how the game works in that regard, it adds to the open world experience. I probably get griefed like 1 in every 20 missions, and I find it fun. I prefer it over to making griefing impossible. Maybe if it was 1 in 5 missions instead it would be super annoying but intentional griefing is super rare and most of the times it's someone who has a grudge with you, not just some random guy.

i get griefed alot its annoying 

On 10/22/2020 at 2:42 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

This problem is a bit of a two side problem, some people genuinely like the open world and the chaos it produces but it also allows griefers to be effective at annoying you (even more if you stream your game).

I've heard suggestions before to have ghost people outside of your mission but for some that ruins the interaction with the world or other players (or a sense of idea that you're not alone in the server)

It's gonna be a though one to crack but I am sure with the engine done they come up with a pretty solution to this problem.

Would be cool to have separate matchmaking district intances on new engine if the pop will allow it. Public districts with usual matchmaking as it's now and competitive where you get in the lobby and wait for proper opponents then the server starts a district instance only for you and your opponents

1 hour ago, Lign said:

Would be cool to have separate matchmaking district intances on new engine if the pop will allow it. Public districts with usual matchmaking as it's now and competitive where you get in the lobby and wait for proper opponents then the server starts a district instance only for you and your opponents

so you mean a bronze district and a silver district like now? yeah that would work so nice

On 10/22/2020 at 10:49 PM, Queen of Love said:

Best idea is: 
griefer near object become killable and with only 10% of health.

/solved.

I like this idea the best. Maybe even have their/vehicle hp tick down while they're blocking mission things instead of just a blanket 10%, that way it'll stop those rare times someone is unintentionally blocking/disrupting a mission. 

Not sure how it'll work with item/object carry missions - will the killzone move around with the item? Because that then opens up a whole new world of reverse-griefing - players in missions (now with extra time added) running around murdering those afk/not in mission. 

Imagine plonking a brief case outside of DoubleB on a busy day - mayhem. I mean I like the sound of this mayhem, but yea sounds messy and some might not enjoy it. 

On 10/23/2020 at 12:38 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'll take the rare occurrence of out of mission fuckups for the far larger positive of having everyone all together in a single 'lobby' interacting with eachother.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:41 AM, Zatro said:

These are both my experiences - I mean out of mission players griefing those isn't unheard of, but it's maybe one or two a session and oftimes it's either someone crusing for a ban/warning/theydontcare or they're butthurt from a previous mission or a newbie fresh from another game and doesn't realise that they're no in on the mission, see other players, and just start going ham. 

I do enjoy the chaos in open world APB - they definitely shouldn't remove that and I think griefing is such a minor thing it doesn't need to completely change that chaotic atmosphere just to stop what really doesn't hurt missions all that bad - yes you might lose 1 mission if they're lucky, but losing is OK, just K up and do another - if they keep it up - well look at that ToS violation and /report them and go chill out for 5 minutes while they tire themselves out. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

These are both my experiences - I mean out of mission players griefing those isn't unheard of, but it's maybe one or two a session and oftimes it's either someone crusing for a ban/warning/theydontcare or they're butthurt from a previous mission or a newbie fresh from another game and doesn't realise that they're no in on the mission, see other players, and just start going ham. 

I do enjoy the chaos in open world APB - they definitely shouldn't remove that and I think griefing is such a minor thing it doesn't need to completely change that chaotic atmosphere just to stop what really doesn't hurt missions all that bad - yes you might lose 1 mission if they're lucky, but losing is OK, just K up and do another - if they keep it up - well look at that ToS violation and /report them and go chill out for 5 minutes while they tire themselves out. 

I'd say it is even less than that. I can't remember the last time I have had a proper griefer that has done anything more than a little single one off event. Most issues are just little chaotic accidental moments, which sure are detrimental in a way, but are part of what makes the fun and experience of the open world.

Griefing is hardly a problem anymore. It was defs a way bigger problem early on in like 2013 and a lot of missions ghosting too.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2

/griefers / external to mission,Killable+ HP < 10%, for distance < 10 meters.

Item near double b ?

Stabba fiesta!! Crime doesn't pay.

Edited by Queen of Love
zombiebiscuit helping
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

/griefers / external to mission, HP < 10%, for distance < 10 meters.

Item near double b ?

Stabba fiesta!! Crime doesn't pay.

You know people that actually grief aren't in a mission right so the HP doesn't matter?

And people that accidentally grief when in a mission just get random HP change for no reason, or others too.

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You know people that actually grief aren't in a mission right so the HP doesn't matter?

And people that accidentally grief when in a mission just get random HP change for no reason, or others too.

You never read all my post.
Next time save time and put directly a downvote.

10 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

You never read all my post.
Next time save time and put directly a downvote.

Explain your post then.

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I love when out of mission players ruin my missions. 

Cuz living city or something Idno.

You just, you just described my whole existence... 

OIP.hSt7C3Z4lgjhAqyoah587QHaHY?pid=Api&r

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Explain your post then.

I'll try! I think for the HP not mattering thing - we're suggesting that if a out-of-mission player/griefer enters the "mission zone" (so far it's <10m near an objective) the griefer will become hostile/attackable to both factions in that mission. This obviously includes their vehicles too. 

Reducing them to 10% HP while in this zone/attackable phase is probably to counter them parking a APIII or Dump Truck over a point and still managing to grief/disrupt a mission for those crucial few seconds. 

I'm guessing also that the change into attackable would be until the griefer died, so not just while they're in the zone because another exploit is to sit at 11m to objective, jump in and be a banana but an attackable banana, and then jump out to be immune again. So to stop that the phase change will need to be permanent until death. 

But then what's to stop them just respawning and keep doing it - I mean even being attackable and at 10% some really dedicated griefers can still cause a lot of harm, so do we respawn them >1000m from that zone? Put in a kick rule, like with friendly fire incident? if they phase-change too many times they get booted? 

Now it's getting complex and needing exceptions and added content just to counter what again I still agree with isn't that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things, it's a shitty thing to do to players but at the end of the day unless this solution can be very easily implemented with little fuss and lots of foolproofness, it's probably not worth it to stop that <1% of griefers out there. Easier to teach players to just chillax and press K again than to combat this - I mean being chill in game helps with so many other circumstances than just dealing with griefers, so it's win-win really.

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Totally. Like with DoubleB's Stabba fiesta, which I love, it seems like those accidental griefers or those """forced""" into being griefers will get the worst of it. I am def more guilty of accidentally booping into another's objective more times than I've had it done to me intentionally.

Oh and what about those in a different mission entirely? It's again not uncommon for missions to have overlapping areas of play, imaging having your mission destroyed because you took a shortcut through someone else's objective? Objectives dropped on other objectives? Now there's a 10m zone of "everyone gets fucked".

Yeah as much as I love the idea of combating griefers by making them attackable, it seems a huge risk now to solve a little problem.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
<3 bananas

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I'll try! I think for the HP not mattering thing - we're suggesting that if a out-of-mission player/griefer enters the "mission zone" (so far it's <10m near an objective) the griefer will become hostile/attackable to both factions in that mission. This obviously includes their vehicles too. 

Reducing them to 10% HP while in this zone/attackable phase is probably to counter them parking a APIII or Dump Truck over a point and still managing to grief/disrupt a mission for those crucial few seconds. 

I'm guessing also that the change into attackable would be until the griefer died, so not just while they're in the zone because another exploit is to sit at 11m to objective, jump in and be a banana but an attackable banana, and then jump out to be immune again. So to stop that the phase change will need to be permanent until death. 

But then what's to stop them just respawning and keep doing it - I mean even being attackable and at 10% some really dedicated griefers can still cause a lot of harm, so do we respawn them >1000m from that zone? Put in a kick rule, like with friendly fire incident? if they phase-change too many times they get booted? 

This won't ever stop active griefers.

If you want to join a griefer and get around that just join a mission, don't play it, then go grief. Now you get to ruin the experience of double the people.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This won't ever stop active griefers.

True. They'll always find a way and like I said it'll then be extra code and patches and constantly tweaking the system to stop them as they find more and more ways to avoid any anti-griefing system so they get to grief. I totally agree that this issue isn't big enough to go through all that trouble and add more headaches to the developer's list of headaches.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you want to join a griefer and get around that just join a mission, don't play it, then go grief. Now you get to ruin the experience of double the people.

I think that's where my second part was going - I'm assuming that this anti-griefing system defines griefer as "anyone not in this mission right here" as opposed to people who just haven't K'd up. So two groups on separate missions can still get caught in the trap since, although they are missioning, they're not this missioning so they'll become attackable by members of the other mission. 

I mean, it sure stops your scenario where people are joining missions just to be immune to the anti-griefing thing but it opens up a whole scenario where the whole server could potentially stack objectives in the one spot just to have a massive free-for-all at Double B, now that sounds fun to me, but probably not to everyone, so best to leave it alone and just /report those that do it intentionally enough to rustle our collective jimmies. 

Make it so /ignore makes the people you put on your blocklist invisible when they're out of mission. Living city still living and griefermen get thanos snapped by a single command.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Make it so /ignore makes the people you put on your blocklist invisible when they're out of mission. Living city still living and griefermen get thanos snapped by a single command.

I had an idea similiar to this but it just blocks those on your /ignore list from ever being matched with you on missions (both as a friendly/enemy) but some seem to think that giving us the power to tailor our gaming experience this way will lead to everyone being blocked ala that one episode of Black Mirror and no missions ever happening again. 

I think it'll just quarantine the toxic few into this purgatory and make for a better experience for all, especially since you can /unignore players, so those who are really keen with that command might see the light and not /ignore every player that ever so much as does anything remotely displeasing. 

Having them go invisible however is going to take a fair bit of code-fu beyond my understanding.