Sakebee

10/24 Beta Feedback

alright, so we've been told to not look at raw stats and rather go for "how it feels"... and yes, there are no more "garbage collector" hitched like in live, which is great.

but it's really bad having such low FPS... I've upgraded to 144hz a few weeks ago and even on high graphics, I drop down to 60 frames... if I go for ultra, I'll go down to maybe 40, which feels really, really bad on 144hz.

also I think the lighting is overtuned (bright spots and dark spots are too "extreme"). and some textures (for example, le boyce enf spawn, floor texture) aren't looking to good (that one has some super shiny reflections going on that aren't fitting at all, reflecting things that aren't there at all)

but yea, my main concern is performance, everything else is secondary. I really hope you guys can make some magic happen and give us another 20-30 fps on average, otherwise it's barely playable for anyone with a 144hz monitor (unless they go for super potato graphics)

for context, here's my rig:

i7 6700k @4.4ghz
RTX 2070
SSD
Win10

the boat water reflection i find personaly to big. also i got frustrated that i had no fps on waterfront or financial - but playing longer i figured out what worked.

i think theres a lot more work on the engine than we see now to make it atractive for new players and old to come back.

So again not going to be able to play this Beta because downloading the game through the loader is a disaster while having high speed net. I download at 18Kb/s and my friend at 11Mb/s so yeah, i THINK there is a problem lmfao

On a high end rig that plays modern games in ultra-high flawless, in the APB beta I get:

• Mouse input lag
  • FPS drops
  • More ‘normal’ lag then in the live version

On top of that, the graphics had an overhaul but it still looks like plastic potato graphics with a horrible font. It’s not even close to what I was hoping for. I uninstalled the beta  and went back to the live version for the halloween event.

• Like 1

This will take years to be completed, years that you guys do not have. Not worth to look forward for this project, upgrading to unreal engine 3.5 is not worth to wait, since it will take years. There's a lot of work to be done, the performance is something crazy because it is so bad, also the textures / lighting / shaders, everything. The graphics itself looks horrible for a game that wants to come back. None will be interested on playing this game in the future, maybe you will have the same old players coming back or not. High risk for a lost game that is not worth at all.

For me Beta feels nice, even while the sound is broken. The FPS is good, with some exceptions (like making sharp turns on very high settings). They game itself looks MUCH better, than the Live version, especially the foliage, which was always lacking. The fact that objects appear much further than Live is also very important, as stuff just disappeared at a certain point before.

Overall, its better than Live, if bugs with sound and FPS drops can be fixed, it would be more or less be ready to be shipped out into Live.

Game doesn't work in multiple monitors (3 monitors), resolution 5840x1080

After the LittleOrbit logo the game crashes, but you can still hear the music, also it loads on the left monitor instead of the middle one like all other games, even the regular APB.

Game works if I change my resolution to 1 monitor, BUT performance is not great, I saw the FPS dropping under 50fps and the GPU utilization was under 40%.

Game crashed after this screen:

QUYjdXL.jpg

This is the msg I get:

TgA8LHX.jpg

Msg in detail:

KEBbecu.jpg

Edited by Twistty
  • Like 1

were do I submit logs and a latency test for beta input? cuz this thing runs like doo doo compared to live. oh yea and the mouse input lag cuz of not being able to run in true fullscreen is def noticeable.

Edited by MonkaS
  • Like 1

My biggest issue right now is constant freezes when trying to turn around. The CPU load is less than live but now the GPU is struggling hard.

Minimum settings now have worse performance than highest on live. The visuals doesn't seem much different than before and when they do it is usually for worse. The skin of the characters looks metallic and fake. There are a lot of very low quality textures even on ultimate settings. 

Smoke and particles still causes ton of fps lag so the game feels like before just with more new issues added to it.

On the bright side, at least I can actually enter the game this time unlike the last 2 betas. 

Even if I ignore all the lag, the game doesn't even feel different than before. So all this work for what exactly? It doesn't seems like it is going to be ready anytime soon either. 

Edited by PotatoeGirl
  • Like 1

Well, I'll start with specs;
i5 7600k @3.8ghz, 1060 (6GB), 16GB DDR4, m.2 SSD

As in the previous beta, performance was simply... lacking just enough in every aspect to make the whole experience of playing just feel bad. Random frame dips were not too bad but clearly present, in prolonged firefights I always felt like I was losing fps by the milisecond. In WF I never saw above 65 fps on high in an entirely empty dist just driving around out of mission, and high 30's on the western side. There was talk of shadows really causing a performance hit but the game looks so odd without them

Second of all is feedback on graphical settings; there's a few things that are really off on lower settings, 1. and most important, there's no way should the World View Distance should be 50m on lower settings, that just does not work in this game where engagements happen up to 100m, 2. seemed like I could not figure out how to get rid of the grey overlay that covered up other player's cars without just turning the game to high/ultra, hiding all car design of other players

Lastly though, I think it looks nice, I really like the look of everything on high. The look on lower settings is a bit meh but I hope that improves along with the performance

• Like 2

^ this also reminds me - invisible player models and just guns hanging in mid air in the distance.  

• Like 1

Somehow they managed to make it run worse than the last beta. Less than 35 fps on average is something I can't ignore.

Feels like APB, but performance is not very good. People were complaining that there was little to no difference High vs Low. I witnessed a lot of shadow flickering and everyone noticed the horrible pop in for objects that had no LOD's. 

It just needs so much more polish to be complete. 

What was the most annoying part about the beta was a lack of players. Most of everyone rather just complain in the chat instead of talking about some of the cool things that could be seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I played some games on finacial district and tried out different settings.

All in all I thought that medium settings worked best. Alright performance and the game looked the best to me.

Maxed settings

- The framerate was bad and got even worse in gunfights or while driving.

- Textures looked blurry or smudgy for some reason.

U79fLdP.jpg

beIdFrU.jpg

pC7JGTL.jpg

+ I experienced no big framedrops or gamecrashes.

Medium settings

- Player models and cars completely disappears when when they are very far away. (80-90m)

-+ Textures look sharper than highest settings but are now slightly grainy instead.

+ Better framerate and stability than maxed settings. Game is now playable.

Lowest settings

- If you turn down the view distance too much, you cant even see players or cars from 50-60m distance.

- Looks awful, but that's what you would expect.

+ Preforms about the same as medium settings, slightly better.

+ By far the most stable. I didn't get a single change in fps and it felt great the whole time.

System

Windows 10

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 3.4GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070  (8 GB)

Memory: HyperX 16GB DDR4 3.2GHz

Resolution: 1920x1080 144Hz

the good thing is the game plays and feels exactly the same as before which is nice to do.

the graphics look good. but the fps are really not that good.

i saw in the last beta tests already that there has to be some crazy bottleneck somewhere in the code.

There are performance analysis tools from both nvidia and AMD to analyse this and fix it.

The AMD one is even open source.

Also the performance on AMD GPUs seems alot worse than on nvidia GPUs which probably means there is no optimization in that direction at all.

But there were alot of gametitles in the past that ran really great on both GPU vendors when the game was optimized for AMD Graphics cards.

You should look into it.

If the performance is fixed i think there is nothing standing in the way of release

First of all, thanks LO for putting big effort to this game. Here is my feedback;

- There is huge optimization problems. No matter what settings u playing at, I wanted to test in ultra low and barely hits 120 FPS. Even if u spin the mouse it effects FPS in negative way.
- Shadows are flickering, some buildings/objects having lighting problem, kinda feels like modded textures. There is no character/car shadows aswell, I would like to see dynamic shadows.
- On the waterfront, ship's water reflection looks so artifical. Feels like it's in the ocean but technically it is river. And the new objects like (bus stops, trees etc) might effect gameplay. It should be added strategically so it won't be effect missions in negative way.

- I just realized u cant do wheelie with vegas anymore, this is killing unique designs between cars. Vegas is the only car that u can do stunts and have fun, not fan of this change. 

Thats it from me, haven't been in gun fight but according to streams and people's suggestions, there is input lag and ''ghost shot'' problems aswell. 
Thanks for let us test this and caring about our feedbacks, still lot works to do. We will make APB great again together!

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right to start off lets sort out PC specs:
3700x @ 4.2GHz - IF @ 1.8GHz (APB designated second half of CPU)

16GB 3600MHz Ram

5 hours ago, Flaws said:

Color Scheme

Yes this is actually horrible going under or over 2.2 just completely ruins the colours and after seeing what consoles colour scheme is and how much more like Live it looked it makes me wonder what changed?

5 hours ago, Flaws said:

Performance

Another big one, it's HORRIBLE. It takes me to go into the graphics file to set the lowest options with on everything apart from things I care about eg. Players and Vehicles to be able to get anything resembling acceptable framerates. Another thing, when it comes to changing these graphics options I would rather be given something more like what the advanced launcher offers currently. Just writing Low quality / Medium quality etc isn't very representative of what you will experience in-game, I would much rather we are given an actually advanced menu that allowed you to see the LOD values, this being Min, Max and Bias as it will allow us to have more customisation with what sort of graphics we want.

5 hours ago, Flaws said:

Lighting

It just doesn't look right, cannot really say why but it just doesn't feel like what I'm used to. The game overall is more dull which gives it a more relaxed look but again this is only applicable with brightness 2.2, anything else just completely ruins it and throws it off.

I feel like this beta was more something rushed to get the community excited for something but it just hasn't done that. It can't feel like live if it doesn't perform like it. The feel of the game isn't just about how the gun play feels and how responsive everything is, it also comes down to the physics, looks, movement and most importantly framerate. As I said above I did manage to get usable framerates but this was tested on an empty district almost and was only properly >120FPS in Financial in most places. When I changed to waterfront to try I still experienced FPS dipping to below 80 mainly around the Fortuna Mall location.

The UI within this version of the game is also moving away from the style that looked good. In my personal opinion the district select menu from live looks years better than the boring district select this beta has, if the issue was due to performance then I'm hoping it is eventually recreated in a more efficient way because scaleform whilst it might be better in this case just doesn't look good. The font on this menu also doesn't help it, I'm almost certain I read that the font was going to be reverted >3 months ago but we still haven't gotten it. Please explain that one.

Other issues that are still present in the console editions of the game still work in the beta, for some examples this playlist should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3EMy8SLEPM&list=PLFuwzKH5e3ZS2kxYvxmTCTsXLxwwhYjmJ

Edited by Iazer
  • Like 2

10/24 Beta Feedback

Tested on all settings.

Specs:

CPU : i9 9900k 5 GHz

GPU : RX 5700 OC 8 GB (Driver Version 20.10.1)

RAM : 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz

I will start saying Financial runs better, Waterfront is Horrible, as performance and some other aspects.

Social and Asylum are extremely good but as you may know, everything Still needs work.

Performance is what is worrying me the most.

The second thing worrying me is pop-ups.. is horrible.

APB 2.1 has changed so much as envoirment style, like The Division 2 did with The Division, from classic city, with So much more vegetation, and im in love with green areas and extra details like these, but i also noted other stuff and is very interesting.

Looks really promising and exciting, but VERY FAR from finished, and im also worried about that.

Will APB: Reloaded survive as long as when this gets finished?

Who knows.. only god.. but anyway, here are a "few" points i wanna write down as my impressions and things i noted:

-

Issues

1. Popups of materials and textures in some areas;
2. ESC menu looks.. strange and kinda too closed in one space, like you throw something in a corner;
3. Guns feels.. okay? But i saw couple players saying they weren't totally balanced;
4. Vehicles are amazing, but the vegas still needs a bit of work, it doesn't wheelie or jump like in the LIVE;
5. Burnout effets of tires and touching the sand/grass not present at all;
6. Some textures looks wonky or strange;
7. Can't see other player/s car/s informations/mods while inside or out from a car, it is like that person isn't really there;
8. Intro movies (startup) doesn't support higher resolutions than 1920x1080;
9. Can't open U menu when in district select;
10. RIOT roles, achievements and billboards present (yes, i call that an Issue);
11. Font is for blind peoples, it looks sexy but doesn't really look right or cool in general;
12. Game freezes during loading screens / entering inside districts;
13. Colors too dark, especially black too black and white too white;
14. Bloom too excessive, exagerated, small lights seems to be more powerful than street poles;
15. No vegetation variations (i mean.. seems like the Entire state used the same type of plants, trees, grass etc);
16. No electricity poles (the last time G1 fullfiled the district with them, now you removed them completely), or close to;
17. Alt+Enter the game f*** up the bloom and the lighting attached to every single object, making them lower than its original position;
18. Miniman, Low and Medium settings have so many problems related rendering and pop-ups;
19. Water is too dark, even the effects for it, seems like someone throw in there milions of petroil cans or a petroil ship just sinked inside it;
20. Characters seems too plastic, actually worse than Live in some cases;
21. Characters often gets glitched and gaves you random appearances;
22. Information box envoirment prop has Midtown as map;
23. Character shadows froze if the camera isn't pointing at it;
24. Floors access directions inside Asylum are low quality and blurry.

-

Suggestions

1. Possibility to resize as you wish the music player and other UI elements (also move them);
2. Possibility to turn off additional system message.

Financial : 6/7

Waterfront : 4

Asylum : 8

Social : 7

Settings tested:

Ultra
FIN > 65 FPS, dropping under 45 if in most of zones, But, dropping under 5 if you move the mouse too quickly to turn your visual.
WF > 50 FPS, dropping under 35 if in most of zones, But, dropping under 3 if you move the mouse too quickly to turn your visual.
ASY > 145 FPS, dropping down to 120 if in most of zones.
SOCIAL > 95 FPS, dropping down to 80 if in most of zones.

Very High
FIN > 65 FPS, dropping below to 60 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
WF > 55 FPS, dropping below to 45 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
ASY > 145 FPS, dropping below to 60 if in most of zones.
SOCIAL > 105 FPS, dropping below to 60 if in most of zones.

High
FIN > 75 FPS, dropping below to 60 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
WF > 70 FPS, dropping below to 55 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
ASY > 145 FPS, dropping down to 130 if in most of zones.
SOCIAL > 115 FPS, dropping down to 90 if in most of zones.

Medium
FIN > 80 FPS, dropping below to 65 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
WF > 75 FPS, dropping below to 60 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
ASY > 145 FPS, dropping down to 135 if in most of zones.
SOCIAL > 125 FPS, dropping down to 100 if in most of zones.

Low
FIN > 110 FPS, dropping below to 85 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
WF > 80 FPS, dropping below to 60 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
ASY > 145 FPS, dropping down to 140 if in most of zones.
SOCIAL > 130 FPS, dropping down to 115 if in most of zones.

Minimal
FIN > 125 FPS, dropping below to 60 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
WF > 95 FPS, dropping below to 65 if in most of zones, other infos same as above.
ASY > 145 FPS, dropping down to 140 if in most of zones.

SOCIAL > 145 FPS, dropping down to 125 if in most of zones.

Little orbit seems very into this Engine Upgrade and i hope this doesn't go to hell.

I could have had more to share but at this point in time, that's all.

Thanks all.

Will see you on the next one, hope soon-ish, maybe with even more days for testing it, or permanently opened with weekly updates to it, would love that also.

Edited by AlishaAzure
Feedback updated to reflect my interest for this thing. Enjoy.
  • Thanks 1

Specs: 

i7-9700k @ 4.6GHz

RTX 2070

32GB 3000MHz

I will say that the initial feeling loading in felt pretty good, especially in Social (like 120-144FPS) then again it could be because of only 5 people in the district. I personally found the new colors/textures and lighting (when it worked properly) made San Paro become more lively and actually feel like a city. Coupled with the view distance, my opinion is that APB 2.1 is visually a lot more appealing than APB 1.2. On that same note, perhaps because it's not completely finished, the difference visually between Ultra and High/Medium seemed negligible. 

EDIT: was able to play about an hour worth of 2v2/3v3 missions, and I'll be honest it felt pretty nice; It didn't feel much different than live and things were pretty enjoyable. The lighting on where buildings connected to the ground was super janky and looked really off.

The performance however, on anything beside Low/Minimal is, in the nicest way possible...a big yikes as the cool kids would say. Driving around Waterfront on Ultra yielded about ~40fps average. Now I know we were asked to leave the fps out of it but it's a bit difficult to measure the feel of a game when it's a slideshow. The inventory UI results in huge FPS drops and stutters when trying to do just about...anything. Suffice to say the laggy and stuttery UI does not help the feel of APB 2.1. Aside from all the negative issues above, the mid-tier FPS that most players are used to (70-100) felt smoother than live, I assume this is from the engine itself.

EDIT: Played about an hour in a 4/4 Financial district so I was able to play a few missions, settings were default medium and changed view and foliage distance to far: I would average my FPS around ~130. Waterfront still ran like poo.  

Also not sure if it's been addressed but perhaps really dark symbols don't get copied over correctly? Example of my go-to symbol on both live and 2.1 in the same spot. Turning up the brightness on 2.1 didn't seem to affect the symbol.

https://imgur.com/a/M1NtcCJ

LO's work is not going unnoticed, you guys were left with ground zero of a nuclear blast and only given a couple plastic bags to clean it all up. Your hard work is appreciated and I am hopeful for APB's future. Like many other people have said: The performance is a necessity in order for this grand engine upgrade to be successful for APB, otherwise we've got a huge problem on our hands. 

❤️ LO

Edited by Looooother
  • Like 4

I'm using a Ryzen 5 2600X and an RTX 3080, I got around 50-60fps on ultra

the performance is not good, worse in fact than the previous beta.

Other than that, the colors are better, the graphics are better.

I downloaded the OTW launcher but it won't let me login to the servers and idk what other launchers there are for the beta, can someone help me?

e63a36891ec424e4d490045d306cbd40.png

The fuck is this? Please don't bring this archaic bullshoot into APB when you've been making such great strides in fixing the horrible monetization the game has had for so many years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

e63a36891ec424e4d490045d306cbd40.png

This option refers to the various billboards throughout the maps that may show real world adds.

It is enabled during this test and should show an image saying TEST and another referring to the 10 year celebration of APB.

• Like 2

Specs: 

Xeon E-2288G @4.5GHz

Vega Frontier Edition 

32gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz

Performance even on minimal seemed worse than on live in many instances. On live, I'm easily getting above 70fps, while on minimal settings in beta I'm dropping below 35 in many cases, especially while looking around. I didn't notice a large increase in input latency, but that may be due to the inconsistent fps I was getting.

I did get a nasty fps spike on each stage progression during missions, which was horribly distracting to me. Even if it is predictable, it was the bane of a few firefights throughout the night.

Many fences throughout the map are now treated as solid walls, and block bullets from passing through. (Particularly along the overpass throughout financial). Not sure if this was a deliberate choice, but this will drastically alter how the map is played for better or worse.

Bullet tracers don't quite seem to follow, or may be out of sync with, actual bullet trajectory. I don't know if this is fixable at all, but I could definitely see  it misleading new players. Many times it seemed as though bullets were ~1m away, but still hit (Something I would have never questioned without tracers).

Not being able to see players (even as texture-less blobs) past 50m on minimum is unacceptable. This needs to be set to 100m regardless of the preset setting. Players looking to play on lower settings to get more fps, should in no way be punished via player culling. If players want to lower it beyond that, go ahead, but it shouldn't be in one of the presets.

On the plus side, no nasty spikes every minute for garbage collection.

Edited by Leefekyn